Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If Uber rolls out the Charlotte surge nationwide, I will roll out my GPS spoofing app nationwide. It runs on a jail broken iPhone. It will simulate a route with the longest route possible while you actually drive the shortest route. The purpose is to milk Uber, not overcharge the passengers.
It's based on a modification of PokemonGo++. A spoofing app for the game. I have gotten a few Pokemon accounts to level 40 without them getting banned using my script to generate GPS routes.
It's actually hard for Uber or any other app to detect GPS spoofing if it's done right. Real life GPS data has jitter from GPS errors, and the altitude matches the actual altitude. Fake GPS data usually has no jitter and the altitude is the exact same. I can dynamically generate a GPX file using the Google maps API that will follow a long route between two points.
I've never actually tested it with the Uber driver app yet

·
Premium Member
5,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Couldn't Uber compare driver gps to the pax gps when auditing a trip?
Having used a packet sniffer while on an Uber ride as a passenger, the passenger app doesn't communicate with the Uber server when it is not in the foreground.
I'm not recommending this, but there are devices that violate FCC laws that could be used to prevent the passenger phone from getting a GPS signal, or any cell signal.

·
Premium Member
2,948 Posts
Couldn't Uber compare driver gps to the pax gps when auditing a trip?
That is if the Rider has their phone or actually orders the ride.

In the early days of Uber the riders device actually calculated the fare which obviously uber found issues with this approach so the device was required on the ride.

A strategy that can be easily implemented is to go into airplane mode for every trip which forces uber to expend resources to adjust fares to the their estimated.

I realized this as I get a couple trips a week where the trip is not calculated correctly which I think the app is losing access to the device location when in the background. All those fares are adjusted in my favor based on Uber's estimated fare.

·
Registered
624 Posts
That is a bold statement! Post the source and no hearsay.
I have long hauled for very close to a year now.
FUber has been in a deficit with most of my rides.
Ask d0n...
Your long haul must be over certain percentage of your total number of rides. There are plenty of rules that are not written, but Uber and Lyft keep deactivating drivers for these unwritten rules.

·
Premium Member
2,436 Posts
Your personal experience will be the source. Keeps us posted of how you keep long hauling uber
So, you have no source other than a deactivated driver that most likely did not say the actual truth about his deactivation.
FUber is the biggest scam on earth, they scam you, me & every rider. They calculate the fare on the longest route and send the driver on the shortest. Why on earth would I not scam the scammers?!
I have been at this for nearly 4(four) years and you all making things up without actual truths needs to stop!

·
Registered
624 Posts
So, you have no source other than a deactivated driver that most likely did not say the actual truth about his deactivation.
FUber is the biggest scam on earth, they scam you, me & every rider. They calculate the fare on the longest route and send the driver on the shortest. Why on earth would I not scam the scammers?!
I have been at this for nearly 4(four) years and you all making things up without actual truths needs to stop!
Upfront pricing was introduced about 6-8 month ago, so you have a lot more trips than a new driver, but eventually you will reach your mark. Thank you for your response.

·
Premium Member
9,234 Posts
Seems that those devices would also prevent your phone (2-3 feet away from the pax phone) from getting any GPS or cell signal as well.. So how would that work?
That was my next question. I've seen commuters use those devices on trains to shut loud cell phone users up. They buy the devices online from China. It disrupts the cellular signal for everyone within the radius.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
That was my next question. I've seen commuters use those devices on trains to shut loud cell phone users up. They buy the devices online from China. It disrupts the cellular signal for everyone within the radius.
handheld cellphone jammers, $10,000 civil penelty fine from the FCC. wouldn't try it, homeland security has mobile devices that will detect cell phone jammers.

·
Premium Member
9,234 Posts
handheld cellphone jammers, $10,000 civil penelty fine from the FCC. wouldn't try it, homeland security has mobile devices that will detect cell phone jammers.
That's correct they are illegal. There was a school who installed one to thwart cell phones usage on school grounds, and they were ordered to remove the device.

·
Registered
624 Posts
We are not talking about upfront pricing!
We were discussing long hauling in case your memory fails you.
Have a good life!!! Tap "ignore"
Uber didn't care ylong hauls before upfront pricing because customers were paying for time and distance. Since upfront pricing was introduced, most cases Uber pays for extra miles out of it's pocket. Here is an example.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Uber didn't care ylong hauls before upfront pricing because customers were paying for time and distance. Since upfront pricing was introduced, most cases Uber pays for extra miles out of it's pocket. Here is an example.
I have been long hauling for over a year. Not even a warning from Uber. I also haven't gotten fare adjustments from passengers either. I am usually proactive and I have Uber refund the passenger if I notice that my long haul increased the passenger fare, and I figure that the passenger isn't getting his company to pay for the ride. I'm not out to cheat the customer, I want to reduce Uber's cut.
I am also proud of getting a navigation report every week

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have been long hauling for over a year. Not even a warning from Uber. I also haven't gotten fare adjustments from passengers either. I am usually proactive and I have Uber refund the passenger if I notice that my long haul increased the passenger fare, and I figure that the passenger isn't getting his company to pay for the ride. I'm not out to cheat the customer, I want to reduce Uber's cut.
I am also proud of getting a navigation report every week
Would you please share me your technique?
I bought an expensive car to drive for Black/ SUV and been sitting at the lot for 3 hours after it became 1-5. Please help me before I kill myself.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.