Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Top of the summer, up until a couple weeks ago, I could gross, like 240 or 260, in a short night in long beach.
there's thousands of people out in the streets in Long Beach in summer.
The surges, would be constant after around midnight, 2.8. 3.0.. 4.0....etc...3.6..

NOW, uber F'kd the drivers again, but putting a red dotted line around long beach, fixing the surge @ 1.4, for a good portion of the night. Yea if you take your chances, you "might get" higher surges, or maybe one or two higher offers, but for the most part, Uber's trying to force feed us, the low BS surge.

Its a horrible company, its only gonna get worse, unless there's some organizing amongst drivers with a union support. Uber's gonna do everything to under-sell taxi companys and lyft...in the meantime just across the border in queens minimum fares are much more than in long island...

·
Banned
13 Posts
you need to never take a fare that is less than $3 a mile. When you are in Long Beach, look up the taxi fares that Lido Taxi charges. They should always be similar to what uber charges their "customers" if the fare is too far off from that number, you are best off declining it until they are charging (and paying) the same rate or similar.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Robert, well this is the problem, unless Uber gets regulated by long island municipalities this isn't gonna happen, i mean uber is always gonna try to be the cheapest game in town. looking at my gross receipts from last year, what i wrote about in another thread...POST august 2018, New uber app, and much much less surge,...and MUCH LOWER surge, . my potential to earn, is %50 lower in long island. Meantime city drivers min fares are increasing, so its all about corrupt politicians out here, letting uber thru the loop so their kids can ride cheap.

Long beach used to easily have 3x surge on a late night busy night.......long gone. Long beach's customers are arrogant, and the roads are full of potholes....its just not worth picking up some drunk arrogant long beach person for 3.53 minimum fare, destroy your car and have 0 tip customers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts