Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
That's one of the pre-written responses and as far as I know is used just to placate someone who wants a phone call. The only thing going on that's even close to phone support is they're trying out chat support in some cities.

·
Registered
10,169 Posts
It must be something they're testing because it isn't live for the entire US, that's for damn sure. I can see phone support for drivers but not riders.
The article is from January and it says:

"Uber chose us as a call center partner because we could grow on-demand with them as they enter new markets," explained Adam Boalt, founder of LiveAnswer told Tech.Co. "Uber signed up with us and uses LiveAnswer to provide support to all of its drivers in the U.S. We've just recently spoke to their headquarters about expanding into Europe too."

It's a bunch of BS, AFAIK.

·
Registered
373 Posts
That's one of the pre-written responses and as far as I know is used just to placate someone who wants a phone call. The only thing going on that's even close to phone support is they're trying out chat support in some cities.
I remember that Uber has chat support for on-boarding new drivers. But, after my Uber partner account was activated, I could not access chat support.

·
Registered
311 Posts
yeah...chat support
yeah...chat support will go soooo much better than email. surely it won't be the same canned responses. "thanks for reaching out! let me placate you temporarily whilst i pretend to be on it! we value your blahblahblah".

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
yeah...chat support

yeah...chat support will go soooo much better than email. surely it won't be the same canned responses. "thanks for reaching out! let me placate you temporarily whilst i pretend to be on it! we value your blahblahblah".
We actually love getting chat tickets in our department because the agents do a good job. I haven't seen a ticket where they resolved an issue but in the ones I get, they actually get all the information we need before they send it up the ticket. I'd love to do chat support but I don't think that'll happen.

·
Registered
866 Posts
yeah...chat support

I used chat support the other day, I used it to adjudicate a ride that should have been a surge rate, although it showed up as a regular rate. Uber live chat worked seamlessly, I know, it's hard to believe, but it did.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts