Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
And I noticed another thing. Since last app update, there is no more rider fee payment. Just the fare and uber fee. Wonder how much uber really charges to rider and how much the app says. Bastards.
The funny part of these funny guys is that I called them once and asked how much they charged my rider. They said that the policy of the company is not to inform the drivers about how much they charge the riders. Hahaha haha
Just remember that even the safety fee is your income and pay taxes for money they never deposited. It's easy to declare loss but for how long this big scam will be out there!!!

·
Registered
247 Posts
The funny part of these funny guys is that I called them once and asked how much they charged my rider. They said that the policy of the company is not to inform the drivers about how much they charge the riders. Hahaha haha
Just remember that even the safety fee is your income and pay taxes for money they never deposited. It's easy to declare loss but for how long this big scam will be out there!!!
Keep that e-mail response handy. It'll be gold when the employee/contractor lawsuit gets going for Miami drivers.

·
Registered
11 Posts
So if in 30 minutes you make 8.52 and let say you are so lucky in the next 30 min you make other 8.52 = $17.04 minus gas maybe 2 gallons? $ 4.40 = $ 12.64 minus car insurance maybe .64 = $ 12 minus car depreciation maybe 1 = $ 11. and maybe you are driving at nite or in a raining day ? You got to be kidding me.. what if you dont make the other 8.52 ? How much you make an hour? Please go work for Walmart and star making 10 an hour with plenty benefit and no gas expense and no bullshit people

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
Lyft is stealing even more than Uber. Got a $87 trip the other day and they stole my money 5 minutes after the drop off. We need our own app, something like RIDE AUSTIN.
Like I have said before, if there is a better gig then Uber, the drivers will leave faster then they signed up. No loyalty from Uber came first and most of the drivers have no loyalty to our "Partner". What a joke the way they handle their business as far as drivers but there is hope: "2017: the year of the Driver" LOL

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
"Just remember that even the safety fee is your income and pay taxes for money they never deposited. "

Nonsense. If you declared the amount on form 1099-k then you have overstated your income. That form tells the IRS how much riders you took somewhere were charged on their credit card. I guess they have an algorithm to see if the actual payout you say you got from Uber is in the right ballpark. Uber sends you that figure anyways so it's no mystery.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.