Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at Reagan the other day trying to use UberX and was notified their were no drivers available so I had to use UberPool. How could they not be any UberX drivers when all of them are using UberPool. Are they forcing airport riders to use Uberpool?

·
Registered
329 Posts
I was at Reagan the other day trying to use UberX and was notified their were no drivers available so I had to use UberPool. How could they not be any UberX drivers when all of them are using UberPool. Are they forcing airport riders to use Uberpool?
You should have taken a screen capture of both options ... and expose Uber improper business practices.

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
That explains why I kept getting Pool requests only at Reagan on Monday. - no pool rides for you!

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
upload_2016-7-7_10-24-51.png
upload_2016-7-7_10-24-57.png

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Not to defend uber but it is possible there were no uber x cars available (though I am skeptical) and only already underway uber pool rides available.

·
Registered
113 Posts
i had an issue with pool and airport request early morning July 5th. Must of been 3am or something, same airport. I was in Chinatown in the middle of a 2.0 plus surge and like 4 separate times I kept getting a pool request from that airport. Likely from the same pax. Obviously I didn't accept any of the pings. I checked the pax app and I was the only car in the area and it was a high surge so why would I get an airport request fifteen minutes away when according to Uber, closest driver gets the ride?.

Driving 15 minutes away from where I am in the middle of a surge that high to pick up a non surge rider on a pool trip is simply stupid and I don't know why Uber allows it (you get paid while driving to the rider with pool, but even then, would it be worth it?). I eventually got my surge ride although that was a pool ride too (pax love pool)

Sadly, if I was on hourly guarantees I would of had to pick that pax up after the 2nd request to keep my acceptance rate above 80% (a lot of people here have said accepting a trip, then canceling will not go against acceptance. Uber rep told me that's only the case if there is a valid reason. Canceling using the "do not charge rider" option goes against acceptance rate according to a Uber rep I talked to so now I don't know what to believe).

Cancelling using the other options would be a lie as I would simply be cancelling because I don't have time to pick up a cheap pax that far away with a 99.9% chance of 0 tip. I don't know if pax can see my reasoning for cancelling. If they do they could potentially complain to Uber and I don't have time for that

·
Banned
708 Posts
You might be right about cancelling with the do not charge rider option. My acceptance rate has dropped, but I accept all the poop and X requests I get. I'm hourly so I need the trip count and acceptance rate to stay high.

·
Registered
113 Posts
You might be right about cancelling with the do not charge rider option. My acceptance rate has dropped, but I accept all the poop and X requests I get. I'm hourly so I need the trip count and acceptance rate to stay high.
Have you used the updated UberPool yet?. I don't think I can do gurantees anymore after the changes they made

·
Registered
24 Posts
I tried to get a ride on July 4th several times throughout the day (it became a joke that I had to keep trying) to get a driver with a child seat for my son to go watch the fireworks at the air force memorial. I am a uber driver and I was told I have to go fill out a form in MD to get the seat option added. I highly suggest this. This is a major market that I dont think we are all taking advantage of enough. There were absolutely none available in Arlington so I ended up driving, it worked out fine.

·
Premium Member
5,449 Posts
This above are UberPOOL drivers

These are UberX drivers

As you can see, there are UberX drivers that are not showing up on the UberPOOL screen.
My Baltimore driver account does not get UberPool pings and it does not show up on the passenger app. I still get X pings.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I wrote about this a few months ago. Pax were saying that they were forced to use uber pool and did not have the x choice. Nobody here believed me.

On the bright side, Uber is a great company with good ethics.

·
Banned
1,875 Posts
Absolute silliness. The UberSaur won't even do airport pickups at UberX rates, only 2.3X surge or higher to motivate this reptile. Don't see it as worth the extra hassle when there are plenty of good trips to he found elsewhere. Uber Stool from airports? Bwahahaha. Dream on, flockers..

1 - 20 of 23 Posts