Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in PR the first two months of the year after not doing Uber for a year and moving to FL because of Maria, and everytime I got a request in any tourist zone during the day, I always texted to ask if the destination was the rainforest.

Uber riders: Uber is NOT ALLOWED at the Yunque National Rainforest; not allowed for pickups, dropoffs or even tours (aka drivers staying with riders). There is a risk of a maximum FEDERAL fine of around $5,000 for any unauthorized transportation service. Do not request to drop just before the federal area, it is a HUGE area and a lot of people have been lost. There is no signal for most carriers in most of the area. If you want to visit the Rainforest you can only go in a tour (license plates ending with ET- normal taxis are not allowed) or renting a car.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Because it is a big area. The Visitor Center was moved to the Palmer urban area but they don’t provide their own transportation. Once inside the federal area there is no signal and the main attractions are like 6 miles uphill.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Because it is a big area. The Visitor Center was moved to the Palmer urban area but they don't provide their own transportation. Once inside the federal area there is no signal and the main attractions are like 6 miles uphill.
So why not just put some Cell towers there??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts