Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Greedy uber wasted no time to move self driving cars from California to Arizona. read below here:

Uberb is moving testing of self-driving cars from California to Arizona after being denied registration in the Golden State.

"Our cars departed for Arizona this morning by truck," said an Uber spokesperson. "We'll be expanding our self-driving pilot there in the next few weeks, and we're excited to have the support of Governor (Doug) Ducey."
Ducey previously said Arizona would welcome Uber's testing of self-driving cars.
Ducey praised and welcomed Uber's decision to bring their autonomous vehicles to the state, while also throwing shade at California.

"Arizona welcomes Uber self-driving cars with open arms and wide open roads," Ducey said in a statement. "While California puts the brakes on innovation and change with more bureaucracy and more regulation, Arizona is paving the way for new technology and new businesses. In 2015, I signed an executive order supporting the testing and operation of self-driving cars in Arizona with an emphasis on innovation, economic growth, and most importantly, public safety. This is about economic development, but it's also about changing the way we live and work. Arizona is proud to be open for business. California may not want you, but we do."

General Motors and Google's Waymo are already testing self-driving cars in Arizona.

After launching its self-driving cars last week in San Francisco, California's Department of Motor Vehicles warned Uber to stop its self-driving cars. Videos captured by the public showed its self-driving cars running red lights in its debut week, according to our sister publication San Francisco Business Times.

The California DMV revoked the registrations of Uber's self-driving cars after a meeting between Uber and the department on Wednesday.

"The DMV has taken action to revoke the registration of 16 vehicles owned by Uber," said a statement from DMV.

"It was determined that the registrations were improperly issued for these vehicles because they were not properly marked as test vehicles. Concurrently, the department invited Uber to seek a permit so their vehicles can operate legally in California."

Antoinette Siu of the San Francisco Business Times contributed to this story.

Mike Sunnucks writes about residential and commercial real estate, government, law, sports business and workplace issues. source: http://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/...ing-self-driving-cars-from-california-to.html

·
Premium Member
3,819 Posts
Uber is above the law. This is why their ultimate goal of going public will not happen. They lost $800 mil last quarter and uber and their investors are counting on an IPO to raise money. Eventually the indian and Saudi billionaires will want a return on their investment. Kalanick will end up exiled in South America.

·
Banned
3,985 Posts
Greedy uber wasted not time to move self driving cars from California to Arizona. read below here:

Uberb is moving testing of self-driving cars from California to Arizona after being denied registration in the Golden State.

"Our cars departed for Arizona this morning by truck," said an Uber spokesperson. "We'll be expanding our self-driving pilot there in the next few weeks, and we're excited to have the support of Governor (Doug) Ducey."
Ducey previously said Arizona would welcome Uber's testing of self-driving cars.
Ducey praised and welcomed Uber's decision to bring their autonomous vehicles to the state, while also throwing shade at California.

"Arizona welcomes Uber self-driving cars with open arms and wide open roads," Ducey said in a statement. "While California puts the brakes on innovation and change with more bureaucracy and more regulation, Arizona is paving the way for new technology and new businesses. In 2015, I signed an executive order supporting the testing and operation of self-driving cars in Arizona with an emphasis on innovation, economic growth, and most importantly, public safety. This is about economic development, but it's also about changing the way we live and work. Arizona is proud to be open for business. California may not want you, but we do."

General Motors and Google's Waymo are already testing self-driving cars in Arizona.

After launching its self-driving cars last week in San Francisco, California's Department of Motor Vehicles warned Uber to stop its self-driving cars. Videos captured by the public showed its self-driving cars running red lights in its debut week, according to our sister publication San Francisco Business Times.

The California DMV revoked the registrations of Uber's self-driving cars after a meeting between Uber and the department on Wednesday.

"The DMV has taken action to revoke the registration of 16 vehicles owned by Uber," said a statement from DMV.

"It was determined that the registrations were improperly issued for these vehicles because they were not properly marked as test vehicles. Concurrently, the department invited Uber to seek a permit so their vehicles can operate legally in California."

Antoinette Siu of the San Francisco Business Times contributed to this story.

Mike Sunnucks writes about residential and commercial real estate, government, law, sports business and workplace issues. source: http://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/...ing-self-driving-cars-from-california-to.html
Uber must paid off the governor there

·
Registered
333 Posts
I'm sure these things are high on the hack-ability hit list. Imagine some teenager taking over the controls of an Uber car on a game console..

When we see these things at Rideshare stops, we must all form a shield around it, to block it in and not let it out so we can protect humanity.

·
Banned
3,985 Posts
No need to risk life and limb.

A set of bright orange cones will do the trick. Or a properly placed piece of gum over a sensor surface.

But you're getting ahead of yourself. Cars that truly drive without drivers are not hitting the road anytime soon, so this is akin to preparing for the zombie apocalypse - fun to contemplate, but not something anyone with any sense needs to worry about.
I wish driverless cars are here now so I can hit them and suit Uber for millions

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That was just a test, I'm talking about all driverless fleet
I think driverless fleet only exist in one state. ...in back east I don't remember the name of it. .....I heard you have an option of a human driver or driverless ....a human driver stays behind the wheel to take over in case something goes wrong. All uber self-driving cars have humans inside. ...if they are testing or giving rides to a paying rider ..a human driver is always in the car.

·
Banned
11,813 Posts
Uber must paid off the governor there
Not really, we're running out of illegal border crossers for target practice. We need something that moves to hit. Those damn roadrunners are still way to fast to get a good fix on. So we figure those slow moving autonomous vehicles are good enough.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I can't imagine why disgruntled out of work former rideshare drivers would want to follow these things around with cell phone jammers. That wouldn't be right.

·
Banned
3,985 Posts
I can't imagine why disgruntled out of work former rideshare drivers would want to follow these things around with cell phone jammers. That wouldn't be right.
Because we have nothing else to do while driving taxi, it's a long wait for a ride because rideshare is here so we like to check out how uber is slaving all of y'all

1 - 15 of 15 Posts