Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I have $5400 in my uber account wallet instant cashout is not an option So I have to add my bank account to get my money, but when I do they ask me for an SMS code to verify in order for me to add my bank account but I am not getting any code. My phone number is not the problem I have called uber support many times and they say the same thing wait 24 to 72 hours for it to be fixed I have been waiting patiently for almost 3 weeks and still nothing today I called and they said I have a restriction on my account and I need to go to Greenlight hub to lift the restriction but guess what I have been to greenlight hub and they told me they couldn't fix it but they said you could try to open up a new bank in order to get my money. So I have opened up a new bank but it still won't solve the problem that I can't add my bank account if uber does not send me a code through SMS, I have an appointment in a few days at greenlight hub I hope they could fix this issue because I feel like it is a simple fix but they refuse to do anything about it.

· Super Moderator
14,117 Posts
Have you changed phone numbers since you drove? Or is there any reason they would have a different phone number on file than the phone you currently use? Maybe try changing your phone number on your Uber account to a different phone you have access to and see if the SMS comes through that way

· Premium Member
2019 Toyota Corolla
8,419 Posts
Since I have $5400 in my uber account wallet instant cashout is not an option So I have to add my bank account to get my money, but when I do they ask me for an SMS code to verify in order for me to add my bank account but I am not getting any code. My phone number is not the problem I have called uber support many times and they say the same thing wait 24 to 72 hours for it to be fixed I have been waiting patiently for almost 3 weeks and still nothing today I called and they said I have a restriction on my account and I need to go to Greenlight hub to lift the restriction but guess what I have been to greenlight hub and they told me they couldn't fix it but they said you could try to open up a new bank in order to get my money. So I have opened up a new bank but it still won't solve the problem that I can't add my bank account if uber does not send me a code through SMS, I have an appointment in a few days at greenlight hub I hope they could fix this issue because I feel like it is a simple fix but they refuse to do anything about it.
This stinks. There should have been a bank account payed out to way before $5400 accumulated into it. Be careful about adding payout accounts willy nilly
or you'll end up having a bunch of dead ends
that you might normally cash out into. Tell em you want an uber debit card AND DONT LOSE IT !!!

· Premium Member
2017 Toyota Prius
5,207 Posts
I cash out everyday with Uber and Lyft to avoid situations like this.
Once you get this resolved I recommend you do the same.
I'm thinking this SMS code is sent to your email or phone for your protection.
Once your account has been flagged by security they do freeze it for your protection as well.
I think Uber is much more susceptible with these issues then Lyft.
Do not leave the greenlight hub without this being resolved to your satisfaction.
Good luck

· Registered
1,982 Posts
Uber is pushing the Uber Pro card recently and there has been problems with the old cash out system. Likely because they are being discontinued.

I didn't like the idea that all my pay went to the UPC and them I'm charged $20 for a max of $1000 a day to transfer it out. So I had to message the Branch Bank to get off it and hopefully Uber says they are sending it to my bank again like before.

So since so many use the instant cashouts, I wouldn't be surprised if there is a backlog of issues needing to be resolved.

Check with your account that your phone number is correct. Sometimes when you log in with another phone on the same account it can cause issues.

· Premium Member
2017 Toyota Prius
5,207 Posts
Uber is pushing the Uber Pro card recently and there has been problems with the old cash out system. Likely because they are being discontinued.

I didn't like the idea that all my pay went to the UPC and them I'm charged $20 for a max of $1000 a day to transfer it out. So I had to message the Branch Bank to get off it and hopefully Uber says they are sending it to my bank again like before.

So since so many use the instant cashouts, I wouldn't be surprised if there is a backlog of issues needing to be resolved.

Check with your account that your phone number is correct. Sometimes when you log in with another phone on the same account it can cause issues.
Great points and very well articulated.
I have had issues with Uber but with money issues and or payments I always found them to take them very seriously.

· Premium Member
9,873 Posts
Pardon my skepticism but you're not the first new member who's posted here about not being able to get their money from Uber.

The reason for my skepticism is that every one of these events have involved not hundreds but THOUSANDS of dollars. $5400 is a LOT of money, a REAL LOT of money for a driver to have in his/her Uber account.

Sorry, but I can't help but suspect you're either trolling or you're another shill Uber has sent here to try to con readers into believing that drivers are making big bucks despite being paid 1970s taxi rates.

· Premium Member
1,572 Posts
There was an occasion that I was not receiving codes because of my cell phone provider blocking them. Call them and make sure everything is unblocked.

· Registered
1,982 Posts
Pardon my skepticism but you're not the first new member who's posted here about not being able to get their money from Uber.

The reason for my skepticism is that every one of these events have involved not hundreds but THOUSANDS of dollars. $5400 is a LOT of money, a REAL LOT of money for a driver to have in his/her Uber account.

Sorry, but I can't help but suspect you're either trolling or you're another shill Uber has sent here to try to con readers into believing that drivers are making big bucks despite being paid 1970s taxi rates.
Like the rest of us, most of that money just goes back out in costs.

I made .95 cents a mile last year, .75 cents a mile went to costs.

And it's rideshare, you know, drivers going that way anyway and can take someone along for the ride and reduce costs.

Uber says 94% of its drivers are part time, only 6% full time. Taxis have a whole different business model.

· Registered
717 Posts
Like the rest of us, most of that money just goes back out in costs.

I made .95 cents a mile last year, .75 cents a mile went to costs.

And it's rideshare, you know, drivers going that way anyway and can take someone along for the ride and reduce costs.

Uber says 94% of its drivers are part time, only 6% full time. Taxis have a whole different business model.
I was shorted 60 because my phone crapped out at end of ride . I hammered uber for a couple days till I got it.
The 5400 hundred is where I go nah it does not sound right

· Premium Member
4,172 Posts

I think this new member once posted the same exact story under a different nick name with same amount mentioned… 🤔

· Premium Member
2017 Toyota Prius
5,207 Posts
I think this new member once posted the same exact story under a different nick name with same amount mentioned… 🤔
Just for the heck of it I googled greenlight hubs in CT. and RI and did not come up with one.
Most of the articles that came up were from 2017.
I never was able to make appointments when they were in existence it was walk in and sign in then wait to be called.
COVID shut them all down and it looks like they never came back.
I found it amazing that he not only had been to one but also had an appointment for another visit.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Pardon my skepticism but you're not the first new member who's posted here about not being able to get their money from Uber. The reason for my skepticism is that every one of these events have involved not hundreds but THOUSANDS of dollars. $5400 is a LOT of money, a REAL LOT of money for a driver to have in his/her Uber account. Sorry, but I can't help but suspect you're either trolling or you're another shill Uber has sent here to try to con readers into believing that drivers are making big bucks despite being paid 1970s taxi rates.
I drive 12 hours a day for 6 days out of the week if you think I am trolling I could provide screenshot of my Uber wallet balance

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
There was an occasion that I was not receiving codes because of my cell phone provider blocking them. Call them and make sure everything is unblocked.
I don’t think my cellphone is blocking it from receiving codes because I am receiving codes if I want to change my number for Uber or password etc.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts