Uber Drivers Forum banner

Should Uber drop the commission?

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, I mean they should drop the commission to under 20pc.
We are doing everything and the risks are through the roof, yet, we are not rewarded well enough.

GoCatch is taking 15pc commission, why isn't Uber trying to make it fairer to the drivers as well as to the riders?
Maybe drop their commission to 15pc; 5pc back to the riders and 5pc back to the drivers.

What do you guys think? Come'on back me up here.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will be much happier with 20% as well. But in case no one mention it to you, Uber is taking 25% commission from lots of drivers and not 20%.
That's not fair that some are taking 80% home and others are taking 75%.

·
Premium Member
4,281 Posts
I will be much happier with 20% as well. But in case no one mention it to you, Uber is taking 25% commission from lots of drivers and not 20%.
That's not fair that some are taking 80% home and others are taking 75%.
I am not taking home 80%, I am taking home 78%, thanks to an absurd ruling by the ATO. I think that is fair to some extent but drivers on 25% should see their commission reduced after completion of say 1000 trips.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No mate, 80pc comes into your account whereas I get 75pc; then after that, we deal with the tax man, the mechanic, the petrol station, service, RMS, insurance, etc.
I cannot find anything about Uber reducing the commission once you reach 1000 trips, I don't think that's true otherwise, they would've advertised it like hell to make you drive more.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Berbero, calm down a bit...
Lol, You'll give yourself an aneurism..
20% is for those that joined up back in the day... when we were pirates so to speak.
Fields was only making a suggestion re reverting to 20% after a certain number of trips, this is not policy nor fact, just a suggestion.
Would we like to pay less commission?
Of course!!!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm fairly new so pay uber 25% and think that's over the odds especially as the number of drivers keeps increasing. After gst income tax wear and tear petrol etc it's a marginal proposition. I believe 15% would be fair at current fare rates otherwise increase the fares but still well lower than taxis.

·
Premium Member
10,770 Posts
It's not going to happen.....

Dream on.

More likelyhood of an increase than a decrease...

Greedy UberCorp :(

·
Registered
381 Posts
Well - they are losing money
Perhaps when the company starts making profits, they can afford to be a bit more generous
In fac tI'm sure they will revise strategies to maximise customer and driver satisfaction as well as profits. The 3 are inter dependent

·
Premium Member
10,770 Posts
Fields is lucky he is on 20%

I'm on 25% and it sux ...

Uber is gouging me extra 5% which is roughly $100 extra a week from me :(

·
Registered
330 Posts
I am not taking home 80%, I am taking home 78%, thanks to an absurd ruling by the ATO. I think that is fair to some extent but drivers on 25% should see their commission reduced after completion of say 1000 trips.
I completed 2000 trips im still on 25%

1 - 20 of 88 Posts