Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Uber is increasing the "booking fee" essentially giving themselves a raise.
Why don't you do something for the drivers for once Uber? With these low rates and the amount of drivers you on board, my piece of the pie keeps shrinking.
Or should I be thanking you for not taking this fee increase out of my pocket? I don't think so!

Font Screenshot Terrestrial plant Number Parallel

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have you not gotten guaranteed fares yet? Uber gave themselves a raise here, $27 to the airport driver is paid off time/mileage about a $15 fare.
Yeah we have them. Looks like the guaranteed rate is max amount of the old rate estimate.
Uber is encouraging drivers to long haul if you want to get a bigger piece of the rate they are quoting, otherwise the surplus goes straight into their pocket.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Yeah we have them. Looks like the guaranteed rate is max amount of the old rate estimate.
Uber is encouraging drivers to long haul if you want to get a bigger piece of the rate they are quoting, otherwise the surplus goes straight into their pocket.
Yep, it's based off the longest or slowest route. I have been educating pax telling them to set their destination close and then change it once in the car. They're amazed to find out we don't know the destination when accepting the ride.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Had to 2 great long hauls today lol one with a Japanese couple and their young son at the cosmo guy says in very broken English Town Square Whole Foods I said Kool ok and only wife and son get in car he stays at cosmo I head out on Harmon and decide to go the back route to hotel rio drive to get on the freeway at flamingo instead of trop wink wink lol get on the freeway and the app says go to blue diamond left to Las Vegas blvd and back to town square my part of the fare was $10.86 lol I was surprised and they never new the difference cause mom and kid were playing a game on the computer and never looked up but I followed the app lol

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
Had to 2 great long hauls today lol one with a Japanese couple and their young son at the cosmo guy says in very broken English Town Square Whole Foods I said Kool ok and only wife and son get in car he stays at cosmo I head out on Harmon and decide to go the back route to hotel rio drive to get on the freeway at flamingo instead of trop wink wink lol get on the freeway and the app says go to blue diamond left to Las Vegas blvd and back to town square my part of the fare was $10.86 lol I was surprised and they never new the difference cause mom and kid were playing a game on the computer and never looked up but I followed the app lol
This is what's wrong with the taxicab industry and you are an unethical embarrassment to the alternative.

·
Banned
1,026 Posts
This is what's wrong with the taxicab industry and you are an unethical embarrassment to the alternative.
We didn't used to have to long haul to make above minimum wage. Uber screwed us every time they lowered rates, so just like the abuser who eventually abuses; we learned this behavior from our Ubuser.

·
Banned
1,026 Posts
No, negotiating favorable rates with a subcontractor is not the same as long hauling an unwitting tourist. Miles apart. One is business haggling, the other is fraud.
If the scenic route makes riders happier, I'm all for it. Its not fraud to follow the blue line on google maps. Quoting perspective drivers an inflated and false pay scale, then switching the pay scale lower over and over is definitely fraud. Ask the FTC.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Last week Uber routed me through the tunnel to drop off at the Luxor...during rush hour!

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
If the scenic route makes riders happier, I'm all for it. Its not fraud to follow the blue line on google maps. Quoting perspective drivers an inflated and false pay scale, then switching the pay scale lower over and over is definitely fraud. Ask the FTC.
I agree with you. If the riders are aware that they are taking the scenic route. In the example above, they were not aware. Unless you are brand new and don't know Las Vegas, GPS routing is no excuse. You know the best way, and using a circuitous GPS route just because it's there is simply a rationalization for fraud.

A notable exception is Pool/Line, where you are expected to follow the route because the system tries to mate you with a second rider along it (and it doesn't inflate the rider's fare).

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
Then its obvious that Uber is de-frauding riders, IMO.
No, it is a traffic algorithm that understands traffic less than you do, and if you follow it to long haul the riders, you are cheating them.

If the map sends you on Las Vegas Blvd from Harmon to Sahara on a Saturday night for your pickup, are you going to follow it, or are you going to take the fastest route?

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I agree with you. If the riders are aware that they are taking the scenic route. In the example above, they were not aware. Unless you are brand new and don't know Las Vegas, GPS routing is no excuse. You know the best way, and using a circuitous GPS route just because it's there is simply a rationalization for fraud.

A notable exception is Pool/Line, where you are expected to follow the route because the system tries to mate you with a second rider along it (and it doesn't inflate the rider's fare).
Hold on a second. If you are following Uber navigation, while it feels dirty, isn't the customer getting exactly what they paid for? What they agreed to pay for? How can that be fraud?
Is it fraud to pay full price for a bag of chips that is filled half way and the other half air?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts