Uber Drivers Forum banner

WILL YOU STAY WITH UBER IN 2016 ??

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, is it just me or anyone else did notice....
WORST 2 WEEKS IN YEAR FOR UBER (((

By no mean I try to sound alarmist here, but hey, complete silence last Friday night + no much motion during Tube strike + 4 hours waiting at Heathrow airport with no job last moght + 3 hours of waiting for ping at Gatwick airport in normally very busy 24-00 >> 03-00 timeslot??

I don't even scratch SURGING in Central London ... It's gone, sometimes you stay in the middle of 1,5 area in Fulham and Chelsea and all you get is flat pings

A) TOO MANY UBER X on the road now, anyone from Uber office care to explain how many other 1000's of drivers will be recruited until old school drivers will be leaving en-gross trade

B) JUST DEAD AUGUST and things will pick up when our holly cash cows will be back from their holidays (although logically airports should be very busy outbound)

C) ROBOTS ARE COMING !! SELF DRIVING CARS by Uber will kill us all in 5 years time (nah, just joking here)

Anyway, fellow Uber-ians, don't you think / feel in your pockets that Uber boat is sinking slowly and half of us needs to return back to McDonalds/security/construction ??!!

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
Is dead long time ago in the PH..
August always like this....Is just no point to open a discusion about income and costs....it use to be good at Uber at starts. Slowly the industry will change the Uber way is wrong for drivers .First TFL should stop giving licenses

By no mean I try to sound alarmist here, but hey, complete silence last Friday night + no much motion during Tube strike + 4 hours waiting at Heathrow airport with no job last moght + 3 hours of waiting for ping at Gatwick airport in normally very busy 24-00 >> 03-00 timeslot??

I don't even scratch SURGING in Central London ... It's gone, sometimes you stay in the middle of 1,5 area in Fulham and Chelsea and all you get is flat pings

A) TOO MANY UBER X on the road now, anyone from Uber office care to explain how many other 1000's of drivers will be recruited until old school drivers will be leaving en-gross trade

B) JUST DEAD AUGUST and things will pick up when our holly cash cows will be back from their holidays (although logically airports should be very busy outbound)

C) ROBOTS ARE COMING !! SELF DRIVING CARS by Uber will kill us all in 5 years time (nah, just joking here)

Anyway, fellow Uber-ians, don't you think / feel in your pockets that Uber boat is sinking slowly and half of us needs to return back to McDonalds/security/construction ??!!

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
alot of people are on holiday london is international city you take loads of passengers that are not british all of those are away on holiday it will slowly get better again

·
Registered
602 Posts

I saw a post on this site in the new post section that Screwbre admits " Uber has a driver retention problem" DUH!
I agree with you Uber is a broken business model and already has began to SELF destruct. Uber is also losing important law suits world wide and that will be the final kiss of death. All the drivers that are still drinking the Screwbre Coolaid, better shut the app off sometimes and start looking for some kind of employment that allows you to make more than it costs you to do it. UBER ON Mates

·
Registered
66 Posts
I believe its gone downhill a long time ago

tooo many drivers with less customers, Uber screwing customers from the first strike and we got the punishment this time with the strike that instead we got screwed

lets say after the decision in october they will be recruiting once again exec/lux then what

since all of this has happened I have taken the step to work elsewhere as I see no future for Uber anymore and would suggest to other fellow experienced drivers to do the same my friends

newbies are welcome to Uber but be prepared to be screwed thats all I can say

·
Registered
602 Posts
I believe its gone downhill a long time ago

tooo many drivers with less customers, Uber screwing customers from the first strike and we got the punishment this time with the strike that instead we got screwed

lets say after the decision in october they will be recruiting once again exec/lux then what

since all of this has happened I have taken the step to work elsewhere as I see no future for Uber anymore and would suggest to other fellow experienced drivers to do the same my friends

newbies are welcome to Uber but be prepared to be screwed thats all I can say
Good heart felt post, but the problem is all these prospective Uber's and newbies think you are just trying to scare off the competition or they know something you don't. I always advise to do the Uber math and visit the "quit" forum on this site and read what the
"Been there done that" people have to say. Some jump in ass first instead of head first and have to learn things the hard way

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
I don't like all these negative posts! I've been doing uber for a week and no matter where I go I get pinged all the time.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I don't like all these negative posts! I've been doing uber for a week and no matter where I go I get pinged all the time.
Oh I see. So 20 times NADA is making good money. Maybe in between ALL those pings your should sit down and do the Uber math, which I will bet
my car on that you haven't done! I mean your total expenses not your weekly gross - Screwbre commission - gas. I'm talking total vehicle use expenses. After you do that post back in here and tell me how much an hour & mile your making.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Oh I see. So 20 times NADA is making good money. Maybe in between ALL those pings your should sit down and do the Uber math, which I will bet
my car on that you haven't done! I mean your total expenses not your weekly gross - Screwbre commission - gas. I'm talking total vehicle use expenses. After you do that post back in here and tell me how much an hour & mile your making.
There is two major differences between you and us! Your gas guzzling cars are not fit for the purpose and at 80c a mile, no wonder you cant make it work!.

·
Registered
602 Posts
There is two major differences between you and us! Your gas guzzling cars are not fit for the purpose and at 80c a mile, no wonder you cant make it work!.
Oh I see. In your your country Uber buys you a new car every couple of years because yours is a piece of shit with ultra high mileage and you can't
afford a new one because you have been an Uber driver working for Cooley wages. UBER ON clueless one!

·
Premium Member
461 Posts

My friend make as much money as possible before this revolution comes

·
Registered
66 Posts
you say that but as you know the self assessment is due for self employed and if you are working all hours and earning more then you are going to be paying more tax then earning and devaluing your car.

Just remember that UBER passes all information to HMRC and most of the drivers will be screwed once again both ways lol

PS Time is money For Uber not for the drivers. Money comes and goes but if you screw up your health working stupid hours then one day you will be too like your own car high mileage with no value and worth and out of health

·
Registered
602 Posts
My friend make as much money as possible before this revolution comes
Uber is a broken business model, check
out post in the new posts section on
this site acouple of days ago "Uber admits having a driver retention problem" DUH I wonder why? Uber has lost several major law suites both in the U.S. and worldwide. The stench of death is very strong! All you Uberities that are still drinking the Uber Coolaid in between all those long waits for pings better start using the down time to surf the net for a real job that pays more than the BOTTOM LINE that it costs you to do it!

·
Premium Member
8,785 Posts
Oh I see. In your your country Uber buys you a new car every couple of years because yours is a piece of shit with ultra high mileage and you can't
afford a new one because you have been an Uber driver working for Cooley wages. UBER ON clueless one!
You are the ones daft enough to work for $0.80 a mile.

Lowest rate here is £1.25 which according to the Currency XE App is just over £1.95 a mile. Not forgetting that you also get paid for every minute the punter is in thw car. (Not sure if that happens in any other Cities but it is recent in London)

Yes the rates could and indeed should be better.

But they still compare well with the account rates at many more established PH Operators.

Tristar is one that comes to mind, as is GLH were the rates are pretty poor. Lets not forget Excel, their account rates are crap aswell.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.