Uber Drivers Forum banner

Given a choice, would you continue to rent from LCR after 8 April?

1 - 20 of 187 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The recent event has taken a toll on the income for Uber Drivers and left them with burden on paying car rental. As a result, many LCR hirers are fighting uphill battles against LCR. Many had tried to knock at their doors, but were outright rejected.

Many hirers feel that LCR has breached the contract when they lose Uber Apps (as of 8 April 2018), however, are still being pressured to continue paying for its the car rental.

Uber Drivers have been supporting Uber, giving it a better name and services amongst the local competition. Drivers have been paying up their rental to LCR, commission to Uber and contributed to the public services and economy. To tell drivers to continue paying rentals on the cars without the agreed upon source of income through Uber Apps is outright ridiculous.

While other alternative Apps may be available, the contract stated "Uber Apps", NOT "or, any alternative Apps."

Singaporean generally has the virtue to be patience, discuss and negotiate first (先礼后兵). If the other party die die wants to play hardball (kiasu kiasi), then sometimes, when we really have no choice, we just got to play the game their way (你想说limbei 真的那么好欺负?).

With LCR's contract clearly and precisely stated using Uber Apps only, LCR has been playing silence tactics. Announcement from Uber and Grab are irrelevant to LCR hirers as the contract is not with Uber or Grab, but with LCR alone. Hence, it is LCR who needs to either renew the contract or replacement them, with hirers' acceptance. This has not happened yet.

Below is an email address open to existing LCR hirers who wish to seek class legal options towards LCR. For those who are interested to participate, please read the mail and forward your relevant information to the stated email address( [email protected] ) accordingly. DO NOT SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION ON THIS OPEN FORUM.

All correspondence can then be sent to the provided email ([email protected] ).

I understand that once the number of participants becomes significant, they will source for a good law firm to represent hirers.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Dear fellow Uber drivers,

We invite existing LCR hirers who wish to join us in seeking professional legal advice against LCR.

Uber has announced last week that they shall pull out of Singapore and its Uber Apps shall stop operation by/on 8 April 2018.

For existing LCR hirers, many are not willing to switch over to Grab for various reasons. However, hirers are pressured to fulfil their reminding contractual period with LCR even though Uber Apps will no longer become usable in days to come.

The LCR contract is between LCR and the a Hirer, to use "Uber Apps" ONLY.

Unless LCR issues a new or replacement contract(to be signed and accepted by both parties), all messages or emails from Uber or Grab does not represent LCR or replace the contract with LCR; the contract was signed with "LCR", not "Grab" or "Uber".

The outcomes we seek:

1. Return the cars without any penalty against the hirers.

2. Based on the agreement, the terminating party needs to compensate the other party based on the remaining contractual obligations. Which means, LCR is to compensate the hirers whom do not wish to drive with any Apps providers other than Uber Apps.

3. For those who may wish to try out Grab, we seek for a trial window period, be set out and the ability to return the vehicles without penalty if the existing hirers decided to opt out later.

Please email your full name, contact number, car plate number and contract period(with expiring date) to [email protected] indicating your interest in pursuing a negotiation or a possible class action against LCR.

Thank you

·
Registered
275 Posts
The recent event has taken a toll on the income for Uber Drivers and left them with burden on paying car rental. As a result, many LCR hirers are fighting uphill battles against LCR. Many had tried to knock at their doors, but were outright rejected.

Many hirers feel that LCR has breached the contract when they lose Uber Apps (as of 8 April 2018), however, are still being pressured to continue paying for its the car rental.

Uber Drivers have been supporting Uber, giving it a better name and services amongst the local competition. Drivers have been paying up their rental to LCR, commission to Uber and contributed to the public services and economy. To tell drivers to continue paying rentals on the cars without the agreed upon source of income through Uber Apps is outright ridiculous.

While other alternative Apps may be available, the contract stated "Uber Apps", NOT "or, any alternative Apps."

Singaporean generally has the virtue to be patience, discuss and negotiate first (先礼后兵). If the other party die die wants to play hardball (kiasu kiasi), then sometimes, when we really have no choice, we just got to play the game their way (你想说limbei 真的那么好欺负?).

With LCR's contract clearly and precisely stated using Uber Apps only, LCR has been playing silence tactics. Announcement from Uber and Grab are irrelevant to LCR hirers as the contract is not with Uber or Grab, but with LCR alone. Hence, it is LCR who needs to either renew the contract or replacement them, with hirers' acceptance. This has not happened yet.

Below is an email address open to existing LCR hirers who wish to seek class legal options towards LCR. For those who are interested to participate, please read the mail and forward your relevant information to the stated email address( [email protected] ) accordingly. DO NOT SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION ON THIS OPEN FORUM.

All correspondence can then be sent to the provided email ([email protected] ).

I understand that once the number of participants becomes significant, they will source for a good law firm to represent hirers.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Dear fellow Uber drivers,

We invite existing LCR hirers who wish to join us in seeking professional legal advice against LCR.

Uber has announced last week that they shall pull out of Singapore and its Uber Apps shall stop operation by/on 8 April 2018.

For existing LCR hirers, many are not willing to switch over to Grab for various reasons. However, hirers are pressured to fulfil their reminding contractual period with LCR even though Uber Apps will no longer become usable in days to come.

The LCR contract is between LCR and the a Hirer, to use "Uber Apps" ONLY.

Unless LCR issues a new or replacement contract(to be signed and accepted by both parties), all messages or emails from Uber or Grab does not represent LCR or replace the contract with LCR; the contract was signed with "LCR", not "Grab" or "Uber".

The outcomes we seek:

1. Return the cars without any penalty against the hirers.

2. Based on the agreement, the terminating party needs to compensate the other party based on the remaining contractual obligations. Which means, LCR is to compensate the hirers whom do not wish to drive with any Apps providers other than Uber Apps.

3. For those who may wish to try out Grab, we seek for a trial window period, be set out and the ability to return the vehicles without penalty if the existing hirers decided to opt out later.

Please email your full name, contact number, car plate number and contract period(with expiring date) to [email protected] indicating your interest in pursuing a negotiation or a possible class action against LCR.

Thank you
Will be part of this. Count me in

·
Registered
8,302 Posts
I believe you guys have a case to terminate the contract as the terms of contract have been altered. Once the terms have been altered, the hirers have a right to reject or accept it. You should discuss this with a bona fide legal consultant and file a Class Lawsuit against LCR if necessary and only if they refuse to do an out of court settlement. Collective lawsuit is more affordable.

·
Registered
803 Posts
I defitnely in your petition

Come on, no hesitation, you all hirers who are cheated by LCR don't take it lying down. Grab will also treat you likewise like Uber. I know the dateline is 8th April but now I got a feeling CCS or the govt (LTA) are taking it lying down. They will let the merger go ahead. Doom as is it, this industry.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I defitnely in your petition

Come on, no hesitation, you all hirers who are cheated by LCR don't take it lying down. Grab will also treat you likewise like Uber. I know the dateline is 8th April but now I got a feeling CCS or the govt (LTA) are taking it lying down. They will let the merger go ahead. Doom as is it, this industry.
I think trying to get RYDE into the game is part of their "WAYANG politics" it's the easiest way out for them. Even if they stop the merger from being executed they cannot stop the rival of Grab to leave our shores. Uber has obviously MADE UP their mind. So they are left with only Grab. What restriction can they impose on Grab? NOTHING.

·
Premium Member
5,149 Posts
Technically, if your contract doesn’t make provisions for events when Uber pulls out of Singapore; indemnifies LCR from its obligations, then LCR hirers should have legal recourse to claw compensations for the loss of earnings after Uber Singapore ceased operations.

The fact that you may continue to drive under Grab with LCR vehicles is legally debatable and will need professional lawyers to interpret clauses in the contract in context in order to fully understand the ramifications for both parties.

Anyone who knows attorneys who do pro bono work will surely help in your movement.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Someone changed the title, that's fine with me.

A contract is a contract. If LCR is so confident that their contract stands, they would have revised it by now. For now, they only dare send sms.

I am hopeful that we can do this faster, more participants will help to move this along sooner.

加油!

·
Registered
8,302 Posts

A contract is a contract. If LCR is so confident that their contract stands, they would have revised it by now. For now, they only dare send sms.

I am hopeful that we can do this faster, more participants will help to move this along sooner.

加油!
Why don't u post it on FB group?

P/S: Mod changed the title for you. :p

·
Registered
36 Posts
I am trying pull a fast one here. If I am lucky it might turn out to be another thread closer :p

1. Whenever theres news of dispute, those hungry lawyers will immediately start churning the angles. see how they can help with the situation. note: i did not say HELP the helpless. what i said is, help with the situation. how the help turns out depends on the situation. actually cant really blame them. they went to school pass exams JUST to be vultures in such situation..not unlike a phv getting ping in the middle of surge country..what should they do with that BRIGHT BLINKING ACCEPT button glaring in their face??

2. next they explore the angles. first they think of what to pitch to the leader of the pack. convince him/her, the rest as they say, is easy meat.

3. then they think whats the best starter price to quote. for this case, i'd say a wet-foot 1k, even 500 each hand raised seems..attractive. remember as a general rule thumb, the lower that figure go, the worst the odds hahahha why. becos obviously the lower the 1st base figure the easier the hit and run mah if the case flipturtle day 1 of pre trial conference.. (but too high lawyer scare no takers..)

4. THEN they start to think like the other side. what would be THEIR counter angle. ohhh then they know their odds, but they WONT tell the casetakers upfront, they will slowly roll in the (ahem bad) news along the case proceeds..

NOW for the big drama outcome..

Day 1 PTC starts and Judge ask 3 questions:

a. Is there a clause somewhere in the existing contract that says COY can change tncs as and when blah blah blah...And the answer is...Ask yourself, IF you are the COY would you miss this clause in your contract with your ..erm loyal customers?

b. Next question: did the OVERTAKER provide due notice and offer (more or less) similar tncs..You know the answer what.

c. Did the nature of the core of whatever product or service provided by the Contract change or distorted drastically?..DRIVE. PING. ACCEPT. PICKUP. DROPOFF. what do you think. more imptly. what do you think the Judge will think when he hears that description. remb his first car is a Merz and it instantly came with a chauffeur.

NOW for the nail that will seal the class action coffin.

OVERTAKER suddenly offer.. Fresh Rental Rebates if Renew Existing Contract, either same or with other inhouse providers. FOR CASE DROPPERS (please queue over our this side here, thks!)

After that you see the next queue at the lawyer officer asking for refund of that 1st 500 hahhahha :D

·
Registered
275 Posts

加油!
Yes I noticed that too. Some smart Alec seems to think highly of himself and keep changing the wordings of title...... annoying

1 - 20 of 187 Posts