Uber Drivers Forum banner

Uber is asking me to sign a petition against 12hour rule

2K views 25 replies 14 participants last post by  Vanstaal 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
uber is asking me to sign a petition against the new 12 hour rule.
Is there any way i can sign a middle finger petition for uber ?
****ing greedy wanna work 24hrs a day.
Get those dangerous greedy off the road.

#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
&%$@!*ing greedy wanna work 24hrs a day.
Lol. Uber literally want their drivers to work like slaves. Sleep? It's overrated

#7 ·
What if you going to auto mechanic shop ,do you want to make sure that your mechanic had enough sleep? If not, it's really dangerous, so, I think it's got to be mandatory for auto repair shops too .What if you go diner or restaurant and cook didn't have a chance to sleep for whatever reason, actually instead of your favorite dish he could pour some dangerous liquid and you could easily get poisoned.Want more examples? By the way, why this issue concerns only uber drivers?Medallion owner can work more then 12 hours a day if he doesn't share his car with someone else.What about numerous black car companies? They will also have to be verified and controlled? Local car services? Who is going to control them? Generally, sleepy driver may be even guy who drive his personal car if he spent whole night making love with his girlfriend.So, let's check him too

#8 ·
If we are really talking about public safety, the bottom line is to control that driver will spend this mandatory free 12 hours a day for a real rest.What if he suffers sleeplessness? What if he internet and Facebook junky and instead of sleeping he will just sit behind computer and waste time just playing computer games or chatting in social networks?In this case , this 12 hours regulation will go in vanes......So, my point is that after all possible restrictions and regulations, everyone have to have personal responsibility how to manage his free time and life in general. If everyone,including drivers and TLC authorities comprehend this idea, we wouldn't need any 12 hours or 14 hours restrictions.

#15 · (Edited by Moderator)
&%$@!*ing greedy wanna work 24hrs a day.
Hi Admitter, Interesting. I recently read that Uber is discouraging people from driving more than 12 hours in this article: https://techcrunch.com/2016/06/29/u...s-like-break-reminders-daily-driving-reports/
What did they say in their email or text to you on the subject? What I would like to know is where they really stand on the issue. Are they for discouraging long shifts or do they want people to be able to drive as long as their eyes are open?

#16 · (Edited by Moderator)
Here is the email i recieved from uber with the title
" This TLC rule would limit your ability to earn "

My Name,

The TLC wants to adopt a new rule that would limit the amount of time you and other FHV drivers can spend on the road earning money.

Tell the TLC not to limit your ability to earn:

SIGN THE PETITION

We often hear from driver-partners that the most valued part of partnering with Uber is the flexibility. Somedays, you may work 1 hour and other days, you may want to work 12 hours. Right now, you have the ability to choose your own schedule. But the TLC's proposed rule would hinder that ability by:
  • Prohibiting a driver from picking up passengers for hire for more than 12 hours in any 24-hour period;
  • Prohibiting a driver from picking up passengers for hire for more than 72 hours in any seven-day period;
  • Resetting the 12-hour clock for a driver after any period in which he or she has gone at least eight consecutive hours without pickups.
On a busy day, a driver who wants to earn more could want to work a 13th hour, but this rule would forbid that.

Please tell the TLC not to pass a new rule that would limit your ability to earn. Sign this petition today and tell them to preserve your flexibility and reconsider this rule.

SIGN THE PETITION

Get Help
View Online
Unsubscribe
Uber Technologies
1455 Market St
San Francisco, CA 94103
Privacy
Terms

#17 ·
I could care less about helping an Uber cause however I don't believe TLC scumbags should be able to place these kind of restrictions on self-employed business owners. We don't work for the TLC or the city. They shouldn't be allowed to dictate how long one can or cannot work. IMO, this will actually lead to more accidents when the money-strapped drivers run against the clock to make their nut.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.