Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I state this because I was deactivated because my acceptance rating went below standard. I'm Uber Select, have a Lexus 2013 (which is high in expenses) and choose to drive less, but only drive when the pay substantiates the expenses.

It took me over 8 emails to have someone show me in the agreement that they can even do that, and even in the agreement it "also" says Uber can not "make" you accept a ride. It's exhausting talking with these people and I'm only apply the same basis of quantity, demand, and price economics as the company does to the public. However, they penalize me for it. Here is my email thread, it's long, but I need to vent!
Font Screenshot Paper Document Parallel
Font Screenshot Terrestrial plant Document Symmetry

·
Registered
974 Posts
This is absolutely a complete crock of shit. I was considering getting myself a new car that was nice enough that I could make that Select money. But knowing that they hold you to offering X service (for which you can't even make a reasonable profit on with a low-cost vehicle) makes this all seem like a sham.

Uber is the most untrustworthy piece of shit company.

You are absolutely right to decide what your cost to operate is and to only perform rides that exceed that cost sufficiently. **** UBER and their mothers.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
So I state this because I was deactivated because my acceptance rating went below standard. I'm Uber Select, have a Lexus 2013 (which is high in expenses) and choose to drive less, but only drive when the pay substantiates the expenses.

It took me over 8 emails to have someone show me in the agreement that they can even do that, and even in the agreement it "also" says Uber can not "make" you accept a ride. It's exhausting talking with these people and I'm only apply the same basis of quantity, demand, and price economics as the company does to the public. However, they penalize me for it. Here is my email thread, it's long, but I need to vent! View attachment 11622 View attachment 11625
Sorry bro to hear that , Uber are Son of the b*tch they don't go by anybook , they do what they want . The best thing to stick it to those jerks is not to partner with them . Uber want you to pick up uberx in 2013 Lexus for .78 cents a mile , Those are f Morans they have no clue. Also Uberselect is dead in most markets cause some stupid drivers doing uberX
With luxury cars!!! So pax don't need to pay more for select. Bottom line if they activate you again go buy a beater for $500 and join UberX .

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
If you want to continue to uber I would recommend that after you get reactivated to 1. For about a month swallow your pride and accept every ride for a month so your acceptance rate rises and cancellation rate drops. 2. After that game the system by accepting most, rejecting some, and accepting some and cancelling, if you reject or cancel on someone and feel you might be the only driver in the area like the csr suggested then go offline for a few minutes.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
If you want to continue to uber I would recommend that after you get reactivated to 1. For about a month swallow your pride and accept every ride for a month so your acceptance rate rises and cancellation rate drops. 2. After that game the system by accepting most, rejecting some, and accepting some and cancelling, if you reject or cancel on someone and feel you might be the only driver in the area like the csr suggested then go offline for a few minutes.
How can you swallow your pride and you show up in 2013 Lexus to make $2 trip :oops:. It needs a lot of ketchup and mustard to swallow it. The only way you can do that if you about to become a homeless and don't have other options.:D

·
Registered
974 Posts
That's the whole point of Select. It's a higher end car offering a higher end service, so why on Earth should Select drivers have to ***** themselves out for X fares. That's ****ed up.

And **** that ******* for condescending to you about your car's costs and gas mileage. Way to many reports on these forums from members that have met Uber officials at the offices have confirmed that these morons have no ****ing clue about the ACTUAL cost of destroying your car for them.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Please ask uber, why is it ok for clients to game the system but not the drivers, A groups of people can game the system by requesting cars using multiple accounts and not canceling til they get car and/or driver they like, then canceling the the other cars and/or drivers they don't what..

i get people run up to my car and say
"wow i like the blue LED's and you have candy, can i cancel my ride and request you, if your passenger don't show"

i had passengers try to put 3, 4 or 5 peoples in my car on uber pool, yes i cancel and uber on...

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
That's why I mentioned if you still want to do uber, we all know it's a messed up and flawed system but there is still some money to be made if you play it smart, know where and when to drive, know when to accept and when to reject and when to cancel.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I drive in WPB FL, Uber Select. I never put my X app on and never have had an issue. Now I only drive now and then as rides are slow and don't really want to ever drive X as I have a E class Benz. Not worth 4 bucks, I would rather sit and do nothing as that ride will cost me money.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
I drive in WPB FL, Uber Select. I never put my X app on and never have had an issue. Now I only drive now and then as rides are slow and don't really want to ever drive X as I have a E class Benz. Not worth 4 bucks, I would rather sit and do nothing as that ride will cost me money.
Just oil change in Mercedes is $110 you need 20 uberX trips to cover that:rolleyes:

·
Registered
602 Posts

It took me over 8 emails to have someone show me in the agreement that they can even do that, and even in the agreement it "also" says Uber can not "make" you accept a ride. It's exhausting talking with these people and I'm only apply the same basis of quantity, demand, and price economics as the company does to the public. However, they penalize me for it. Here is my email thread, it's long, but I need to vent! View attachment 11622 View attachment 11625
James, Uber us a scumbag company that makes its money off of the drivers backs and have an "arrogant" My way or the highway" mentality. I saw a recent post on here where Uber stated "We have a driver retention problem" Jeez I wonder why? Screw Uber their business model is broken! Uber is in a steady decline and the stench of death is strong. They did you a favor of not having to be around to shovel the dirt on thier grave. I just hope you didn't buy that vehicle specifically to drive for Srewber.

·
Premium Member
4,920 Posts
The Uber city manager in Columbus uses the same flawed logic.

Because I am forced to be sent UberX requests in addition to UberSelect requests, I am limited to only being online around 10 hours a week at most.

If however they would only send me UberSelect requests, I would be online 40+ hours a week.

Why? Because I work at home for my day job. And it's simple enough that I can do it with a Chromebook with an internet connection. My cell phone has unlimited bandwidth as a wifi spot and my Chomebook has a 10 hour battery life... so I can just as easily do my job from my car. And I would be more than willing to stop what I'm doing to take an UberSelect request, given how profitable they are and how few and far in between they are. I however am NOT willing to stop what I'm doing to take an UberX request, given how little profit they result in and often they get sent out. So while I'm working my day job, I do NOT go online because I'm forced to receive UberX requests. If I could only receive UberSelect requests I would be online most of the time I'm working my day job.

In 10 hours a week of receiving both requests, I produce around $200 in fares. I estimate if I was olnine 40 hours a week receiving only UberSelect requests I would produce around $400 in fares. So that's twice as much revenue I would produce if Uber would let me do this, and they would get 25% of my fares instead of 20%.

So why doesn't Uber let me do this? Because $200 over 10 hours is $20/hr in fares, whereas $400 over 40 hours is $10/hr in fares. Uber wants me doing $20/hr in fares as opposed to me doing $10/hr in fares. As a result I produce half as much in revenue for Uber because of UberMath.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
uber tells you in certain markets you have to take x calls, one before they do anything and especially invest money or put your neck out for big credit,should have done the research and calculations ,im sorry. yes it sucks uber asks them to take x calls but knowing it one would be very foolish or in the perfect situation to do it in the first place.

·
Banned
1,531 Posts
James' situation reminded me of how I responded to the attached survey that Uber e-mailed on July 29. I selected "3" on the first six question, didn't answer the last two questions, and in the comments box I wrote, "Because Uber can deactivate my driver account at any time and for any reason, I'm not comfortable answering this survey truthfully and would prefer not receive these sorts of e-mails."

Frankly, I think the lesson here is encapsulated in Nick's very first sentence. As far as the OP double checking the agreement, here it is:

2.4 Your Relationship with Company.​

You acknowledge and agree that Company's provision to you of the Driver App and the Uber Services creates a direct business relationship between Company and you. Company does not, and shall not be deemed to, direct or control you generally or in your performance under this Agreement specifically, including in connection with your provision of Transportation Services, your acts or omissions, or your operation and maintenance of your Vehicle. You retain the sole right to determine when and for how long you will utilize the Driver App or the Uber Services. You retain the option, via the Driver App, to attempt to accept or to decline or ignore a User's request for Transportation Services via the Uber Services, or to cancel an accepted request for Transportation Services via the Driver App, subject to Company's thencurrent cancellation policies. With the exception of any signage required by local law or permit/license requirements, Company shall have no right to require you to: (a) display Company's or any of its Affiliates' names, logos or colors on your Vehicle(s); or (b) wear a uniform or any other clothing displaying Company's or any of its Affiliates' names, logos or colors. You acknowledge and agree that you have complete discretion to provide services or otherwise engage in other business or employment activities. For the sake of clarity, you understand that you retain the complete right to; (i) use other software application services in addition to the Uber Services; and (ii) engage in any other occupation or business. Company retains the right to, at any time at Company's sole discretion, deactivate or otherwise restrict you from accessing or using the Driver App or the Uber Services in the event of a violation of this Agreement, your disparagement of Company or any of its Affiliates, your act or omission that causes harm to Company's or its Affiliates' brand, reputation or business as determined by Company in its sole discretion, or for any other reason at the reasonable discretion of Company.
Of course the flip side of Uber's right is the fact that a driver has the right to quit at any time and for any reason.

Font Parallel Paper Document Paper product

·
25,855 Posts
Why is oil change $110, please do tell..

i can say the oil change for my 2015 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE is $80 at my dealer, but i can get it done for $50 if i shop around.
Everything on a Mercedes-Benz is overpriced, from the sticker forward.

I have a 2015 Fusion hybrid, as well. It is my taxi. It has been on the street for eight weeks and has proved one thing that I suspected that it would. I got this suspicion from my experience with the 2014 model as an UberXmobile.

As you drove a cab, you are no doubt aware that your largest single expense is gasolene (unless you are renting, that is)--at least it used to be. Now, my largest single expense is insurance. Even if I were carrying liability, only, insurance would still be my largest single expense. I carry full coverage on it, even though it is paid-for, for obvious reasons. Another thing that I have found impressive about it is that it will stay on electric with the air condition on for quite some time.

Does yours run on E-85? My Owner's Manual states that mine will, but I have yet to try it. If yours will, how often have you used E-85?

The Ford dealers here have this "Super-Duper-Pooper-Scooper-Very-Idiotic-Person-Club" that gives you, amoung other things, all the oil changes that you want, included in the price. As a rule, those things are not worth what you pay for them, but if you get an oil change once a month, as do I, it becomes worth it. The dealer will give you an appointment, so I usually sign up for the last one of the day, and am in-and-out.

I do not have it on the UberXmobile, as I do not drive it that much. I drive UberX only enough to stay in the game. I always have done monthly oil changes on my taxis, so I do beat Ford (or the dealer) on it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts