Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I work every night from 12am-6am and i pull in about 700$ avg per week.

I laugh when i read about other uber drivers that get pax that try and load 6 people in the car for uber x
someone did it to me on my first day and i dint know what to do and he begged me and said "Ill TIP great" so i said screw it and drove him. when i get there he hands me two crumpled up singles and says good night.

ever since then when people try to load into my car i say call uberXL and hit rider no show and collet my 5$ ^-^

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I work every night from 12am-6am and i pull in about 700$ avg per week.

I laugh when i read about other uber drivers that get pax that try and load 6 people in the car for uber x
someone did it to me on my first day and i dint know what to do and he begged me and said "Ill TIP great" so i said screw it and drove him. when i get there he hands me two crumpled up singles and says good night.

ever since then when people try to load into my car i say call uberXL and hit rider no show and collet my 5$ ^-^
Keep an eye on your cost per mile, keep dead miles down and dont accept pings more than 10 minutes away.. and then your thread totke will be true.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
How much are the rates in 'Jersey? They seem to be higher on the East Coast. Or are you driving for 75¢/mile (Atlanta) or $1.10/mile like I am in Houston?

Have fun while the rates are up. What goes up eventually comes down.;)

Yes, I am a bit miffed today. o_O

JM2¢W

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im blessed I live 10 mins from major cities Newark, Irvington, jersey city and hoboken. As soon as I turn my app on my phone is getting blown up.

see everyone makes a big stink out of low pay but you have to understand at the end of the year when you turn in all expenses car repairs, gas receipts and miles driven you will be paying little to anything back in taxes. my friend actually got money back last year for all of his expenses doing uber.

you always put money to the side incase something goes wrong with the car so its no big deal to get it fixed and it will be written off at the end of the year :).

rates in new jersey are 1.25 as of now.

700$ for sitting on my but driving around people for a week is a cake job be blessed to even have a car most people I pick up in new jersey don't even have cars

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
yolo25 said:
see everyone makes a big stink out of low pay but you have to understand at the end of the year when you turn in all expenses car repairs, gas receipts and miles driven you will be paying little to anything back in taxes.
Let's see here . . . The IRS standard rate-per-mile takes into the cost-per-mile to drive a car which includes gas, routine maintenance, depreciation, etc.

You can use your gas receipts as a deduction OR the IRS standard rate per mile, not both. Your friend may have done it last year, and the IRS has 7 years to audit him.

M2¢W

·
Premium Member
1,165 Posts
Let's see here . . . The IRS standard rate-per-mile takes into the cost-per-mile to drive a car which includes gas, routine maintenance, depreciation, etc.

You can use your gas receipts as a deduction OR the IRS standard rate per mile, not both. Your friend may have done it last year, and the IRS has 7 years to audit him.

M2¢W
This

You can't deduct both, so your friend probably did something wrong and might be getting audited soon. Godspeed.

PS: How many miles do you drive if you're netting $700/week. How many hours?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This

You can't deduct both, so your friend probably did something wrong and might be getting audited soon. Godspeed.

PS: How many miles do you drive if you're netting $700/week. How many hours?
I drive around 1,000 miles per week and I'm online for about 30 hours.

My car is a beast i hope to get 500,000 miles out of my car. I treat it good and i have eco mode option so I get around 40 miles per gallon. I only use premium and for a full tank is only 24$.

#TEAMNISSAN

I have extended warranty so I have nothing to worry about!!! everything is covered time to go make money ubering ^_^

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So now we know you are a liar - a good average speed for cities is about 8mph.

Are you Uber plant, Troll or just a very naive noob? (we get several of these posts each week from noobs and such).
you don't even live in new jersey so don't call me a lier take your negative energy away from my thread . thanks :)

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
you don't even live in new jersey so don't call me a lier take your negative energy away from my thread . thanks :)
I called you a liar - not a lier (not sure if that is a word - is is it someone who lies down on a bed and such?).

Just because I don't live in the Garbage State - does not mean I have never been there.

I love the positive energy - but is misdirected to your denial of reality of driving for Uber and trying to wave the banner that is the greatest thing since sliced bread - have you read the threads on here or are you just another noob trying to educate the rest of us?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I called you a liar - not a lier (not sure if that is a word - is is it someone who lies down on a bed and such?).

Just because I don't live in the Garbage State - does not mean I have never been there.

I love the positive energy - but is misdirected to your denial of reality of driving for Uber and trying to wave the banner that is the greatest thing since sliced bread - have you read the threads on here or are you just another noob trying to educate the rest of us?
Im happy and make great money doing uber :)

Now go to someone else thread and complain about how depressed you are.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Let the haters hate.
Yeah man

my rating is 4.9 and i make 700$ avg a week of course I'm gonna have haters lol

Most people on here don't know how to use uber to their avantage and make money. Maybe if they were out on the road more instead of on these forms crying about how bad uber is then maybe they could make decent money ;).

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Im happy and make great money doing uber :)

Now go to someone else thread and complain about how depressed you are.
I pointed out a glaring discrepancy in your math and you are in denial.
Depressed (send me some of your Prozac) - no - just trying to find out why you feel you need to embellish your figures when you have just started driving - There is a lot of good advice and wisdom on this board - you should read it and then decide.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Have been driving for 4 weeks and have made 700$ the past 2 weeks now that I have learned the ropes. I have nothing to complain about at this current time. If i ever do come across a problem you will be the first to know since me being successful using uber is such a big deal to you.

1 - 20 of 118 Posts