Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planning to take my car to inspect and do all the necessary paperwork. Do you know how long it will take to get in and out of there? (approx.)

thanks,

·
Banned
9,012 Posts
Planning to take my car to inspect and do all the necessary paperwork. Do you know how long it will take to get in and out of there? (approx.)

thanks,
Fill out the form yourself and upload it to uber. No one checks the validity of the form. Receipt no longer required. Takes about 5 minutes. Copy your last one and change the dates.

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
I did mine at a jiffy lube. Uber pays for it and it takes about 20 minutes. They set up your account for you too. Not all jiffy lubes do it. Mine was on Springdale and Westminster

·
Banned
88 Posts
I submitted the Raiser inspection form completed by the Mercedes Benz dealer, they didn't accept it because I didn't pay one of their "sponsored rip-off shops" to do it(Jiffy Lube, Just Tires)
My lawyer informed me, as a "sub-contractor" and not an "employee" of Uber, I don't have to take my car to any of their inspection sites. He said as long as I take "MY CAR" to any MB dealership and a certified MB mechanic performs the Raiser Inspection, I'm good, which I did. Every state may have different laws, so check with a lawyer in your city.

·
Registered
28 Posts
3 ways to do this, in order of time from shortest to longest:
1. Go to an Uber corporate inspection station. My experience with the one in Burbank was so fast it was almost shocking: they did hardly any "inspection" of the vehicle at all. They handled all the paperwork and vehicle documentation upload. This is my recommendation if you haven't done it before. You'll be out in 10-15 minutes.
2. Upload the docs yourself. If you've been there, done that, and know what you're doing this can be easy and fast. But not recommended if you've never signed up for Uber before.
3. Go to an authorized third party inspection station. These guys will likely spend the time to do the vehicle inspection correctly, and in fact are probably the only ones that Uber should be using in my opinion. They take the longest, but they'll do it right. However, they also night try to upsell you, though your mileage may vary.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts