Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Has anyone experienced an encounter with one of these? I had two encounters the same night.

A Lyft representative along with a Lyft driver got in my car trying to recruit me and have me switch over to Lyft; they said they do this almost every night, all night! hunting for (sending requests for) Uber drivers (all types, I'm Uber XL), reading their profile, analyzing every bit of it, if pleased they take the ride, if not cancel the request... they do the same thing once they are inside the Uber driver's car, they analyze the attitude, friendliness, and cleanliness of the driver - and of course the cleanliness of the vehicle, too! Once pleased they go ahead and talk to them about Lyft, how they should be driving for Lyft - that "you" have the right vehicle, attitude, and offer great service, only "you're using the wrong platform", etc, etc...

Maybe they have succeeded in having a lot of people switched over to Lyft because I'm starting to notice a decrease in Uber drivers in Seattle, and an increase in Lyft drivers (lots of them!)

-Point of this post: Did you experience this too? did you end up switching?
** It is not about if it's allowed or not, etc, etc...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I do both, nothing says you can't.
That's not the point... I was just wondering... if anyone else experienced this...

Me, and two of my friends are about to try Lyft out, I'm going to use that dude's code, and then my two friends going to use my code, if successful

Uber better step up their game and offer bonus like Lyft, otherwise, they will lose all their drivers :D

·
Premium Member
2,278 Posts
That's not the point... I was just wondering... if anyone else experienced this...

Me, and two of my friends are about to try Lyft out, I'm going to use that dude's code, and then my two friends going to use my code, if successful
The point is that recruiting is not needed since most drivers are on both platforms. Your experience is not an uncommon one.

·
Banned
2,152 Posts

Uber better step up their game and offer bonus like Lyft, otherwise, they will lose all their drivers :D
Chasing bonus offers is a fools errand. Think about it. They wouldn't offer it to you if eventually in the long run they benefit over you.

·
Premium Member
2,278 Posts
I see... did someone experience or post something like this before? or you're assuming/guessing? - or happened to you :O ?
Based on peer to peer discussions at common gathering spots where such info is exchanged. I have only been driving for 10 months (6am to 10pm usually with breaks in between). During my first 6 months UBER requests outpaced LYFT 3:1. Then, the gap narrowed and is close to even now (for me at least).

Chasing bonus offers is a fools errand. Think about it. They wouldn't offer it to you if eventually in the long run they benefit over you.
Words of wisdom indeed.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I’ll bet you a dollar to a donut that Uber and Lyft are owned by the same entity. The two “competing “ companies are made to look like there are options for riders and drivers alike. This keeps interlopers out of the market and they can corner the rideshare market.

·
Premium Member
2,278 Posts
I'll bet you a dollar to a donut that Uber and Lyft are owned by the same entity. The two "competing " companies are made to look like there are options for riders and drivers alike. This keeps interlopers out of the market and they can corner the rideshare market.
Not yet.....but most likely before the end of this decade.

·
Banned
2,152 Posts
I'll bet you a dollar to a donut that Uber and Lyft are owned by the same entity. The two "competing " companies are made to look like there are options for riders and drivers alike. This keeps interlopers out of the market and they can corner the rideshare market.
I'd love to take that bet how much would you like to lose?

·
Premium Member
2,659 Posts
I had some suspicions on this a year ago. Not for certain if it's true. One reason why i suspect is that I saw power boost zone graphic details on Lyft that was exactly like uber. Or visa versa.

I had some suspicions on this a year ago. Not for certain if it's true. One reason why i suspect is that I saw power boost zone graphic details on Lyft that was exactly like uber. Or visa versa.
On another note, why was Lyft at 300PT all over DT last night while Uber had no surge at all?

·
Premium Member
2,340 Posts
I have never heard of someone who actually worked for Lyft getting in an Uber and pulling this recruitment tactic. Why waste the time when they have Craigslist? If you're using their referral code my guess is that they're getting exactly what they wanted.

Yes, most people have both apps, myself included. Crazy not to.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.