Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
350 Posts
No you are not alone. They are doing this shit on purpose, I think. They don't want us cherry picking. If you log off, force quit the app, and then reopen it the surge map will appear briefly. I went home tonight because the app was working like shit for me. **** uber

·
Super Moderator
15,251 Posts
I thought the whole point of surge was to get more drivers to log on.

Reactions: Tncluber

·
Registered
303 Posts
I didn't see this thread earlier so I started a new thread, now deleted. Here is what I said:

I noticed earlier in the week that there was no surge showing in SF when usually there was, so I stayed in the east bay, making not as much money as usual. Then I get a text from Uber on the 25th saying the surge pricing was not working right, and that one should log out and restart the app to restart the surge view. So today I had planned to go to the city, but the same thing. No surge showing whatsoever. Logging out, restarting phone, no change. Meanwhile, Lyft was showing lots of surge. Throughout the evening I give several Uber rides, in fact they came fast and furious, and many of them surge pricing. So clearly there is surge but it isn't showing. I starting looking at all the other drivers around me and their phones also showed no surge in the city, only on the peninsula and east bay. Is anyone else having this problem? I emailed them about it and left my Uber app off most of the night and just used Lyft.

·
Registered
55 Posts
This is no
No you are not alone. They are doing this shit on purpose, I think. They don't want us cherry picking. If you log off, force quit the app, and then reopen it the surge map will appear briefly. I went home tonight because the app was working like shit for me. **** uber
This is not a good tactic for Uber in my opinion. I also wasn't aware of this Uber tactic so I logged off Uber and drove for Lyft instead as they had Prime Time. I always thought it was strange that Lyft had Prime Time and Uber didn't have Surge.

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
Unfortunately I noticed pay checks got better when the issue started so am honestly hoping they don't fix it soon.

It's annoying when I hop off cause of no surge then seconds later rider app tells me am sitting in a 2.0 surge ! I usually just log back in quickly and hope I didn't miss the fun

·
Banned
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Unfortunately I noticed pay checks got better when the issue started so am honestly hoping they don't fix it soon.

It's annoying when I hop off cause of no surge then seconds later rider app tells me am sitting in a 2.0 surge ! I usually just log back in quickly and hope I didn't miss the fun
Everything is always good for you. How is that? Either you are full of shit or you an uber employee trying to put spin on things.

Well, listen up. Change is coming. Like it or not you piece of garbage. CHANGE IS COMING!

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
Everything is always good for you. How is that? Either you are full of shit or you an uber employee trying to put spin on things.

Well, listen up. Change is coming. Like it or not you piece of garbage. CHANGE IS COMING!
Well that escallated quick lol

·
Banned
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Lmao, I woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

And the biz sucks. It's just suspicious that you are the only one spouting positivity.

·
Registered
8,379 Posts

Me too! Uber's updates regarding surge have made it much more difficult for drivers to go to surge zones, or even see where they are. Result = surges last a lot longer.

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
Lmao, I woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

And the biz sucks. It's just suspicious that you are the only one spouting positivity.
am sorry it sucks but it is what is, this specific issue has been good to me.learn the city's habits a little better more. Surge seems to be predictable

Honestly I think Uber is warming up to switch off surge completely, there is no way this is a bug they employ the best of talent in sf

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
am sorry it sucks but it is what is, this specific issue has been good to me.learn the city's habits a little better more. Surge seems to be predictable

Honestly I think Uber is warming up to switch off surge completely, there is no way this is a bug they employ the best of talent in sf
"they employ the best of talent in sf"

Huh? What evidence do you have for this bold assertion?

1 - 20 of 51 Posts