·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
580 Posts
"Pledging to be a HERO is free of charge"

OK... I gotta be misreading this? They say it won't cost you anything for you to have the, *ahem* PRIVILEGE of burning your gas and time to drive obnoxious and potentially ill people?

Is this official notification that Uber is going to start charging drivers instead of paying them?

·
Premium Member
3,746 Posts
Foober always thinks of the dumbest crap and there's NEVER any increased compensation involved. PASS.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
There's an area that needs a campaign to tell Uber drivers where the drunk pax are? Ummm, I think drivers don't have problems finding drunks and don't need some pledge to show the way.
They already highlight the "late night rush" spot within the Partner app as it is.. Like ABC123DEF mentions below, we have a lot of gold star and sticker programs but never anything related to dollars. Okay, the occasional raffle in the past and guaranteed hours which have been reduced.

Foober always thinks of the dumbest crap and there's NEVER any increased compensation involved. PASS.

Reactions: Casuale Haberdasher

·
Registered
303 Posts
Helping with Hero is actually a great good thing. But Of course, it comes at the expense and havoc of drivers dealing with it
Why do you defend Uber in all of your posts? This is a job and designating ourselves to drive drunk people around increases our risk. If we are getting no extra pay, helping with hero is not a "great good thing". It just makes us more liable for problems.

Uber does not implement programs to help the driver. They only do things that make them look good and/or make them more money. If you are not an Uber employee, you are clearly brainwashed by their PR lies.

·
Banned
5,897 Posts
Why do you defend Uber in all of your posts? This is a job and designating ourselves to drive drunk people around increases our risk. If we are getting no extra pay, helping with hero is not a "great good thing". It just makes us more liable for problems.

Uber does not implement programs to help the driver. They only do things that make them look good and/or make them more money. If you are not an Uber employee, you are clearly brainwashed by their PR lies.
We've all asked Bart the same thing. It's pointless to try to reason with someone who obviously thinks uber can do no wrong.

·
Premium Member
8,240 Posts

Defend Uber in all of my posts? Then obviously you haven't followed me in months. All you have to do is read my past posts and they prove what you say is 100% untrue. Heres one recently:

https://uberpeople.net/threads/the-truth-about-how-uber’s-app-manages-drivers.70761/#post-972672

but Brainwashed? what are you talking about. If that was the case I would believe "lower rates equals higher earnings" they preach. But my market took a rate cut over a year ago (went down to $1.02/mile) and I haven't driven since for that amount. If I was brainwashed id be out driving in those big cities like Detroit, Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, for well under $1, smh

We've all asked Bart the same thing. It's pointless to try to reason with someone who obviously thinks uber can do no wrong.
More falsehood as usual
this post should explain my thoughts on Uber
https://uberpeople.net/threads/hate-uber-for-what-they-do-and-hate-drivers-for-what-they-do.64463/

only an un-normal un-reasonaable (I probably should just say weird) person would read that topic and think I side with uber all the time and defend uber all the time and believe that im brainwashed to believe Uber is good in all areas

SMH

·
Registered
303 Posts
Defend Uber in all of my posts? Then obviously you haven't followed me in months. All you have to do is read my past posts and they prove what you say is 100% untrue. Heres one recently:

https://uberpeople.net/threads/the-truth-about-how-uber's-app-manages-drivers.70761/#post-972672

but Brainwashed? what are you talking about. If that was the case I would believe "lower rates equals higher earnings" they preach. But my market took a rate cut over a year ago (went down to $1.02/mile) and I haven't driven since for that amount. If I was brainwashed id be out driving in those big cities like Detroit, Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, for well under $1, smh
I haven't followed you or read all of your posts. You post a lot so I have taken notice that you tend to be very supportive of Uber. Maybe I just missed the posts where you aren't. The post you linked to above shows the opposite of what I stated. Thank you for pointing that out and showing that you are not always defending Uber.

·
Premium Member
63,058 Posts
Uber paired with The Hero Campaign last October, but I just received this email today. This way if you opt-in you will be directed to areas of high demand for designated drivers. Now you too will have an even higher chance of getting someone who will throw up. It's a win-win.

Become an Uber Hero today*

View attachment 34716
View attachment 34717

*Rubber interior strongly recommended

Info: http://herocampaign.org/2015/10/heroes-raise-over-50000-for-designated-driving-campaign/
Police surplus paddy wagons.
This s may be a suitable vehicle . . .
Just have to install the 1,000 gallon underbelly water tank and the high pressure hose and pumps . . .
Bus Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle Wheel

·
Premium Member
8,240 Posts
I haven't followed you or read all of your posts. You post a lot so I have taken notice that you tend to be very supportive of Uber. .
So you say I defend Uber in all of my posts first, then turn around and say you havent followed or read all of my posts. Um, do you see whats wrong with what you did? You just admitted to severe reaching then, Smh

I havent actually defended Uber, I have simply pointed out situation where if a driver runs around and shoots people, then that driver should be blamed and put in jail. I have simply pointed out if a driver drinks and drives, but is not working for uber at the time,does NOT have is app on, but simply has the U sign up on his window,then people shoudl NOT rush to the news section to post "Uber driver drives drunk".

Finally, there is a huge difference between pointing out where blame and liablity lies and SUPPORTING a company. Dont believe me? Ask any English professor!!!

·
Registered
977 Posts
Why do they even offer us gold stars and meaningless achievements. This isn't 2nd grade, we're adults who need money. Only money talks.

Lol I would love to sit in on one of their half baked idea brainstorms as a fly on the wall. Would be hilarious to see their thought process 0f c0ming up with these stupid promotions when they're in panic mode and drivers keep dropping.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts