Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the Uber Hero, the driver who was robbed at gunpoint in Hermosa Beach, California and I chased the bad guys down and caught them with the assistance of the Los Angeles County Sheriff. This happened before I even took my very 1st trip on the job. I was activated at 1:05 a.m. and on or about 1:20 a.m. I became a U target of an armed robbery all because of the U sticker affixed on my windshield.

I wish I could go more into the details but the facts of the matter is Uberdefrauded me from the get-go by mistakenly categorizing my Vehicle as UberX when it was supposed to be XL. I go into the Office on last Tuesday to bring up my concerns (freezing app, issues w/ riders, $100 Visa Card, $150 Bonus) and not hearing back from them after I notified them of me being the driver as well as my list of serious concerns.

I got a parking ticket because representative Rachel would not allow me to go put change in the meter. Before I left that day I was activated for UberX and UberXL accounts that I could toggle back and forth between. I didn't take a trip that day. The next day Thursday I attempted to go online and got error message "Your Driver Account has not activated", oh really?

Only after 3 days of working I was deactivated with only 25 Trips and a rating of 4.16 because they said I fell below the threshold when only the day prior I was informed New Drivers are not to be counted against them for first 150 trips.

Every single thing that was told to me by Uber from the $100 Visa Card, 10th Trip $150 Bonus and so much more were all lies!

I'm in complete dismay regarding my experience of the unprofessionalism of Uber, their Los Angeles Office located off Westwood, their P.R. department and Corporate HQ.

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
Naaaa just calling a spade a spade. I've tried my best to be civil but the people who are running this company are some nincompoop's.
POST # 5/LocoGringo: Bostonian Bison
had, UP UNTIL NOW,
not heard of an Equivalent Tale of Woe
over Such a Short Period of Driving.

Although I empathize with You, You
have Cast "Nincompoops" everywhere
in a Bad Light, by comparing them to
the Jacka$$e$ in the Employ of #[F]Uber.
Now I'M BADMOUTHING braying burros!

Suffice it to say, the Lifeform on Earth
more Detestable & Scornworthy than Anti-
Personnel LLC has yet to be Discovered.
Please Post a link to the Local News Story
about the Armed Robbery with You as
both Victim and Vindicated!

Bison Admires.
Bison Inspires!

·
Premium Member
7,546 Posts
This is the Uber Hero, the dr at gunpoint in Hermosa Beach, California and I chased the bad guys down and caught them with the assistance of the Los Angeles County Sheriff. This happened before I even took my very 1st trip on the job. I was activated at 1:05 a.m. and on or about 1:20 a.m. I became a U target of an armed robbery all because of the U sticker affixed on my windshield.

I wish I could go more into the details but the facts of the matter is Uberdefrauded me from the get-go by mistakenly categorizing my Vehicle as UberX when it was supposed to be XL. I go into the Office on last Tuesday to bring up my concerns (freezing app, issues w/ riders, $100 Visa Card, $150 Bonus) and not hearing back from them after I notified them of me being the driver as well as my list of serious concerns.

I got a parking ticket because representative Rachel would not allow me to go put change in the meter. Before I left that day I was activated for UberX and UberXL accounts that I could toggle back and forth between. I didn't take a trip that day. The next day Thursday I attempted to go online and got error message "Your Driver Account has not activated", oh really?

Only after 3 days of working I was deactivated with only 25 Trips and a rating of 4.16 because they said I fell below the threshold when only the day prior I was informed New Drivers are not to be counted against them for first 150 trips.

Every single thing that was told to me by Uber from the $100 Visa Card, 10th Trip $150 Bonus and so much more were all lies!

I'm in complete dismay regarding my experience of the unprofessionalism of Uber, their Los Angeles Office located off Westwood, their P.R. department and Corporate HQ.
You picked up too many new 5* passengers who had no mercy.

Normally we would all congratulate you on getting in and out so fast. Try Lyft?

Here is the story

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-uber-driver-robbed-chases-thieves-20150813-story.html

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
This is the Uber Hero, the driver who was robbed at gunpoint in Hermosa Beach, California and I chased the bad guys down and caught them with the assistance of the Los Angeles County Sheriff. This happened before I even took my very 1st trip on the job. I was activated at 1:05 a.m. and on or about 1:20 a.m. I became a U target of an armed robbery all because of the U sticker affixed on my windshield.

Yup! I'm sorry for what you are going through. I hope it works out in the end. UBER will always try to twist things and mislead and those scripted ****ing emails that answer... NOTHING!! Uber is in for a rude awakening eventually. I hope things do get better for you. I must say I'm glad I do this during the day, and only on weekends.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts