Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know about anyone else but I have gotten nothing but robo-responses from Uber help. It's getting really frustrating because I actually need something from them to support a loss of wages claim but get nonsensical responses to my help request. I've pasted the text of my help request below. While it is laughable, it is also aggravating.

ME:
I would like a list of all the incentives that have been offered to drivers for both UberX and Uber Delivery over since June 27th. I need it as supporting documentation for my loss of income claim after my last accident.

UBER:

Thanks for reaching out about incentives and guarantees. Happy to look into this for you.

Some guarantees are only offered to a specific group partners rather than everyone. We typically rotate these types of guarantees to make the guarantee structure as fair for everyone as possible. We will always send messages regarding any guarantees that you are eligible for, I cannot give you the list of incentives you are requesting for, so if you don't get one now, just wait for the next one to come around.

For more information on how guarantees and incentives are paid out, including an example of how the payment is calculated, click here.

If you ever need to report a missing payment for a guarantee, let us know and we'll be happy to take a look.

Visit Help Page for more information.

ME:
Why can't you give me a list of them? I know which ones I am eligible for. I just need to know when they were offered and at what times they were offered. I need this because I am making a claim for lost wages from my rear end collision that happened on the 27th. I need supporting documentation to show The guaranteed hourly rate. Specifically I'm looking for the ones that have been offered for UberEats in Seattle. I can use this to support my claim. Without this documentation, they are likely to contest my claim so, are you telling me I need to go through James River to get this information. I would just use my text messages but I accidentally deleted them.

ME:
Is anybody going to get back to me regarding my last reply?

UBER:

Thanks for getting in touch about the guarantees offered in your city. Glad to further assist you.

We're really glad that you wrote in regarding this matter so we can clear out any confusion that you have regarding the incentive that you're asking about. Don't worry, we'll make sure we'll get to the hang of this.

Opting-in and participating to weekly guarantees and other incentives is indeed a great way to double your earnings. I'd like to inform you that we want these promotions to be as fair as possible for everyone so we randomly rotate the invitations to a certain group of driver-partners in a given period of time. All eligible partners for this guarantee must receive an email directly from Uber inviting them to opt-in.

Unfortunately, we are unable to provide the list of guarantees offered in your city since the message is generated by our system which are sent to eligible partners.

Though you didn't receive one for now, We're very positive that you'll get an invite for the next set of guarantee incentives any time soon.

I understand that this recent updates on guarantee bonus is causing you confusion and it's important for us to know how this is affecting our partners. Feel free to let me know right away and I'll be more than happy to clarify it for you.

Sent by Jinckie on Friday July 15 2016 6:51pm

ME:

Okay, I'm getting really tired of the robo-responses. I NEED YOU TO GIVE ME A LIST OF INCENTIVES FOR MY INSURANCE CLAIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What don't you understand about that?

UBER:

Thanks for writing in. Happy to help you.

First and foremost, I am incredibly sorry to hear about the trouble here and furthermore the less than perfect support experience you've had thus far. I definitely understand the sensitivity, urgency, and importance regarding this matter and I imagine dealing with this entire fiasco has been extremely frustrating for you.

It's a reality that somehow because of the policies in place it feels like we overlook things. This incentive was given out with our partners best interests in mind. It pains us to know that you felt tricked on the way the incentive was presented to you, however I would like to assure you that this is not the case. I believe it is everyone's responsibility to thoroughly read and understand the instructions before executing a task. Please forgive my brevity.

Please let me know your thoughts on this matter.

For future concerns, feel free to visit this page.

https://help.uber.com

·
25,783 Posts
Uber outsources its Driver "Support". The people who read these things have, at best, a command of the English Language that is equivalent to that of a third grader. They look for key words and cut and paste what they think are appropriate response(s). Most of them have little idea what they are sending.

If you type in capslock PLEASE ESCALATE in the subject line, sometimes that helps.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Uber outsources its Driver "Support". The people who read these things have, at best, a command of the English Language that is equivalent to that of a third grader. They look for key words and cut and paste what they think are appropriate response(s). Most of them have little idea what they are sending.

If you type in capslock PLEASE ESCALATE in the subject line, sometimes that helps.
Thanks I will do that.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LMAO, did you really expect them to help you document evidence against them?
I'm not documenting evidence against them. I'm documenting evidence for the other drivers insurance company to pay me money. I was not at fault in the accident. The other driver was. Therefore, their insurance company has to pay my lost wages. So, yes I expected Uber to help me out there

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
I'm not documenting evidence against them. I'm documenting evidence for the other drivers insurance company to pay me money. I was not at fault in the accident. The other driver was. Therefore, their insurance company has to pay my lost wages. So, yes I expected Uber to help me out there
Oh, sorry..misunderstood. I would just use my pay statements.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
I stated I needed a number for support or a supervisor, or else I was going to seek legal action and my request was taken care (of course that was after my 7th email to support!)

·
Banned
2,822 Posts
I don't think a list of incentives you may or may not have been offered would be of any help. That doesn't prove income. Just use a list of your weekly payouts as that actually does prove income. Getting anything from Uber is an exercise in futility.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
ok I hope I am not alone in this........you are asking for a list of POSSIBLE incentives that you MAY have qualified for on the SLIM chance you met all of Ubers demands and near impossible to achieve and retain acceptance/ping per hour and hope you can keep up with all that?.......and you believe turning that into an insurance company you will actually receive as lost wages?..................ummmm good luck with alli that......insurance companies will only pay you what you can actually PROOVE...............but believe whatever you want........show them pay statements from past only thing they will look at and based if/what you may be paid.........

·
Premium Member
1,973 Posts
I don't know about anyone else but I have gotten nothing but robo-responses from Uber help. It's getting really frustrating because I actually need something from them to support a loss of wages claim but get nonsensical responses to my help request. I've pasted the text of my help request below. While it is laughable, it is also aggravating.

ME:
I would like a list of all the incentives that have been offered to drivers for both UberX and Uber Delivery over since June 27th. I need it as supporting documentation for my loss of income claim after my last accident.

UBER:

Thanks for reaching out about incentives and guarantees. Happy to look into this for you.

Some guarantees are only offered to a specific group partners rather than everyone. We typically rotate these types of guarantees to make the guarantee structure as fair for everyone as possible. We will always send messages regarding any guarantees that you are eligible for, I cannot give you the list of incentives you are requesting for, so if you don't get one now, just wait for the next one to come around.

For more information on how guarantees and incentives are paid out, including an example of how the payment is calculated, click here.

If you ever need to report a missing payment for a guarantee, let us know and we'll be happy to take a look.

ME:
Why can't you give me a list of them? I know which ones I am eligible for. I just need to know when they were offered and at what times they were offered. I need this because I am making a claim for lost wages from my rear end collision that happened on the 27th. I need supporting documentation to show The guaranteed hourly rate. Specifically I'm looking for the ones that have been offered for UberEats in Seattle. I can use this to support my claim. Without this documentation, they are likely to contest my claim so, are you telling me I need to go through James River to get this information. I would just use my text messages but I accidentally deleted them.

ME:

UBER:

Thanks for getting in touch about the guarantees offered in your city. Glad to further assist you.

We're really glad that you wrote in regarding this matter so we can clear out any confusion that you have regarding the incentive that you're asking about. Don't worry, we'll make sure we'll get to the hang of this.

Opting-in and participating to weekly guarantees and other incentives is indeed a great way to double your earnings. I'd like to inform you that we want these promotions to be as fair as possible for everyone so we randomly rotate the invitations to a certain group of driver-partners in a given period of time. All eligible partners for this guarantee must receive an email directly from Uber inviting them to opt-in.

Unfortunately, we are unable to provide the list of guarantees offered in your city since the message is generated by our system which are sent to eligible partners.

Though you didn't receive one for now, We're very positive that you'll get an invite for the next set of guarantee incentives any time soon.

I understand that this recent updates on guarantee bonus is causing you confusion and it's important for us to know how this is affecting our partners. Feel free to let me know right away and I'll be more than happy to clarify it for you.

ME:

Oka

ME:

UBER:

ME:

ME:

UBER:

ME:

Okay, I'm getting really tired of the robo-responses. I NEED YOU TO GIVE ME A LIST OF INCENTIVES FOR MY INSURANCE CLAIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What don't you understand about that?

UBER:

Thanks for writing in. Happy to help you.

First and foremost, I am incredibly sorry to hear about the trouble here and furthermore the less than perfect support experience you've had thus far. I definitely understand the sensitivity, urgency, and importance regarding this matter and I imagine dealing with this entire fiasco has been extremely frustrating for you.

It's a reality that somehow because of the policies in place it feels like we overlook things. This incentive was given out with our partners best interests in mind. It pains us to know that you felt tricked on the way the incentive was presented to you, however I would like to assure you that this is not the case. I believe it is everyone's responsibility to thoroughly read and understand the instructions before executing a task. Please forgive my brevity.

Please let me know your thoughts on this matter.

For future concerns, feel free to visit this page.

https://help.uber.com
At least you had Uber reply each time. My last go round my responses came from in order.....Fahran, Cecil, Reginine, jinky, muffalatta, Sheila, vishetoachumi, Ching, Jobele, Reggie[ must be Reginine's twin brother] , Shannon, Tanweer, and Rai.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok I hope I am not alone in this........you are asking for a list of POSSIBLE incentives that you MAY have qualified for on the SLIM chance you met all of Ubers demands and near impossible to achieve and retain acceptance/ping per hour and hope you can keep up with all that?.......and you believe turning that into an insurance company you will actually receive as lost wages?..................ummmm good luck with alli that......insurance companies will only pay you what you can actually PROOVE...............but believe whatever you want........show them pay statements from past only thing they will look at and based if/what you may be paid.........
Actually, I've almost always exceeded what uber has offered and so not usually received the incentive. However, they have been pushing Uber Delivery in Seattle and creating demand, especially at lunch that have them offering incentives that exceed my normal earnings/hr. Because I've not been able to drive this time, I have no idea what I would've really made per hour. The only thing I do know is that I would've been guaranteed this minimum. I intended to use both my regular pay stubs and then in cases where I normally did not earn this amount, I would use the incentive amount.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts