Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Reviewed the details of recent earnings...to say I'm confused is an understatement.
Check out the details from a decent surge trip (2 screenshots necessary)
Font Number Screenshot Parallel Document

Font Material property Parallel Number Screenshot

WTF kinda rate is generated for "long pickups"? ... 2 cents?... am I hallucinating?
The 2nd screenshot is even more baffling... commercial insurance prorated for a particular trip?
THIRD PARTY FEES & OPERATIONAL EXPENSES?
This breakdown is brand new... insight welcome.

My concerns are real... I'm no lightweight driver:
Font Slope Circle Electric blue Darkness

·
Super Moderator
13,523 Posts
In my market, anything uberX drivers drive over 10 minutes to pick up a passenger, they get paid the long pick up premium. It looks like yours just happened to be only .02 miles past the threshold.

I noticed this new breakdown. It makes me wonder why they changed this. I also noticed I can't see this breakdown without clicking on a link that takes you to the website which then appears to take you back to the original page or at least that Pages format

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
Your lucky you still get that screen. I have no idea what I was paid per mile or minute. If I schedule a ride, Uber charges the customer .48 per minute and .52 cents a mile. Last time I looked, I either make .70 or .80 cents a mile and no idea of the per minute rate

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
(from screenshot #2)

Uber service fee
Amount we take to serve our users and grow our business; it goes toward things like improving our apps and expanding earning opportunities
$43.47... RIGHT! MY "earning opportunity" has been "expanded" and the flawless app improved... silly me.
(Shoot me another 4 minute trip that's 24 minutes to pickup)
Diamond Support should be PERFECT real soon!
:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
8,848 Posts
(from screenshot #2)

Uber service fee
Amount we take to serve our users and grow our business; it goes toward things like improving our apps and expanding earning opportunities
$43.47... RIGHT! MY "earning opportunity" has been "expanded" and the flawless app improved... silly me.
Diamond Support should be PERFECT real soon!
:rolleyes:
At $1.23 per mile it looks like you drive in Seattle because the average per mile rate in the US is around 60 cents.

In December, Seattle's per minute rate is going to increase from around 18 cents per minute to 59 cents per minute.

·
Premium Member
8,848 Posts
Is that part of the Fare Share Plan?

I don't think the Fair Share Plan ever got implemented because Washington State passed a statewide rideshare law that goes into effect in December.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Your lucky you still get that screen. I have no idea what I was paid per mile or minute. If I schedule a ride, Uber charges the customer .48 per minute and .52 cents a mile. Last time I looked, I either make .70 or .80 cents a mile and no idea of the per minute rate
I looked at mine from the other day . Have to go to site to see the full payouts . They are trying to hide more crap. Take away long pickup fee and add the other costs as insurance which is BS as the cost of it goes higher the more you make. I bet they take half of the money for INS and pocket it.. I also notice when they know you will get a tip they automatically take out more for them.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
I don't think the Fair Share Plan ever got implemented
SEATTLE (January 4, 2021) – On January 1, 2021, the minimum compensation requirements established by Seattle’s Fare Share Wage Ordinance went into effect. This new ordinance ensures all drivers are paid a fair wage, guarantees that drivers are paid for all of their working time, and compensates drivers for work-related expenses and some benefits, and protects drivers from unlawful deductions. Building off legislation passed in November 2019, this ordinance was proposed by Mayor Durkan in August 2020 and unanimously passed by City Council October 2020.
Minimum Compensation Established by Fare Share Wage Ordinance in effect as of January 2021

·
Premium Member
8,848 Posts
Fare estimates are exclusively for customers/riders. It's simply showing rates that Uber charges customers. It's completely divorced from driver compensation. It's been this way for the past few years.
That's a screenshot of Seattle's pax Rate Card, which in the absence of surge are the default rates pax are charged.

There's no way Uber is charging pax 27 cents per minute while paying drivers 57 cents. "Divorce" or no "divorce" it ain't happening. This is Uber we're talking about, the company that hates the very idea that drivers have to be paid anything at all.

Since I started typing this I remember calling Uber months ago to find out the pay rates of Seattle and a few other markets and was told the per minute rate for Seattle is 18 cents. This was corroborated by at least a couple of Seattle posters who said the same thing.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
This is why I said I don't think the Fare Share Wage Ordinance ever went into effect.
It was definitely implemented.

Updated: January 2021: Seattle Uber and Lyft Drivers See a Pay Bump
Uber and Lyft drivers are starting to see changes based on the law that Seattle lawmakers passed regarding a minimum wage for gig workers. Joshua McNichols of KUOW interviewed drivers in the area to see if they noticed any changes.
Driver Papa Diawara told McNichols that he’d seen an increase in his earnings overall. Before the change took place, he’d been earning around $20 to $22 in the process of taking someone to the airport and now that number has raised to about $26 to $28.
The article does not mention if the money earned was quoted for similar length fares or what parameters the driver had for quoting this increase in pay.
Updated: January 2021: Seattle Uber and Lyft Drivers See a Pay Bump

·
Premium Member
8,848 Posts

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
That's a screenshot of Seattle's pax Rate Card,
I agree and even stated so in my previous message. That means it's what pax pays Uber. It's entirely irrelevant to what Uber pays driver.

Also, this isn't the only city or scenario where pax pays Uber less than Uber pays driver. Think VIP customer.

There's no way Uber is charging pax 27 cents per minute while paying drivers 57 cents.
Of course there is. VIP is one example. Uber isn't obligated to pay driver less for any trip than they collect from customer for same trip. Uber is in the subsidies business -- they subsidize both riders and drivers routinely to tweak supply and demand -- and has been for nearly a decade. I'm not imagining this because it's not been a secret.

Farewell, Millennial Lifestyle Subsidy: The price for Ubers, scooters and Airbnb rentals is going up as tech companies aim for profitability

The True Cost of Your Uber Ride Is Much Higher Than You Think

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Do some checking of this blog on Seattle rides and you'll see that drivers are being paid 18 cents per minute.
You're welcome to link to applicable posts or threads but I'm too lazy to dig around for it myself. When I make assertions that are questioned, I supply my sources and cite accordingly to educate and inform others. I expect the same from other forum users. If you personally don't wish to do so, that's fine with me since I let baseless assertions fall down all around me while I snicker.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts