Uber Drivers Forum banner

Uber has ruined me...

6K views 72 replies 33 participants last post by  New2This 
#1 ·
Uber has ruined me. The Uber 'Metal Incentives' plan has ruined me for driving at non-surge rates, much in the way Ron Jeremy ruins a woman's private parts for other men.

This is a running tally of yesterday (Saturday) on Gold Incentives @ 2.2X. I did around 7.5 hours. Would've gone later but the drunks were pissing me off after about 12:30AM.

I did some (non-matched) Pool which dragged down my average.

Lyft has to do something serious to compare to this if they want me to turn their app back on.

Milk the incentives while you can.

Font Screenshot Circle Number Parallel
Font Screenshot Circle Parallel Number
Font Screenshot Parallel Number Circle

See less See more
#3 ·
Uber has ruined me. The Uber 'Metal Incentives' plan has ruined me for driving at non-surge rates, much in the way Ron Jeremy ruins a woman's private parts for other men.

This is a running tally of yesterday (Saturday) on Gold Incentives @ 2.2X. I did around 7.5 hours. Would've gone later but the drunks were pissing me off after about 12:30AM.

Lyft has to do something serious to compare to this if they want me to turn their app back on.

View attachment 44497 View attachment 44498 View attachment 44499
Is your guarantee status going to be Platinum next week??

#5 ·
I wish. You need a nutrition IV drip, a catheter and a box of Depends to do 95 trips for Platinum.

Sadly my day business kept me too busy. I did hit Gold again; hoping it was worth it for Incentives next week.

#4 ·

View attachment 44497 View attachment 44498 View attachment 44499
Get that money man!!
and im just going to smh at those folks who are still choosing lyft and plain regular rate lol,oh, plus tips! Ahah

#25 ·
smh at those folks who are still choosing lyft and plain regular rate lol,oh, plus tips! Ahah
Lyft won't do well if they just ignore it.
Lyft is doing Prime Time All The Time in an effort to compete with it. If you are at Bronze on UberX (as am I), it might be allright for the 1,4 periods. Once you hit the 1,6 periods on Bronze, Lyft becomes less attractive. I suppose if you are not getting anything from Uber, it might be allright to take a Lyft, but other than that....................

Once you hit Silver on Uber, Lyft just is not that attractive an option. Lyft does have access to GM's money, but how much will GM put up to keep Lyft competitive?

#9 ·
Sandy, its only in the core of LA out here.

How is it he can have 3 pay sheets all with 6/11 date.

#12 ·
Still does not make sense...

#13 ·
Check the timestamps of the screenshots. Three screenshots done at various times as the day progressed.

I checked my daily total at various times as the day progressed to see how the incentives were stacking up. The 2.2X incentives time was 12noon-5PM then 8:00PM-3:00AM so the first one was around 3:00. The second was right before I started again at 8:00. The third was from this morning that gave the grand total for yesterday.

I blacked out individual numbers to give you an idea but also to protect my privacy in case Uber corporate monitors this board.

Hope that helps clarify

#14 ·
Um ok, Yeah I know they watch here.

#16 ·
Well since he is proud of himself, I'm not going to take that away.

#18 ·
I'm not bragging about what I made. People on here make WAY more than I do. I'm posting it to make a point.

There's been a ton of discussions about whether the Metal Bonuses/Incentives are worthwhile or not. Also Bart McCoy did a thread about Lyft and the Incentives program. I was trying to illustrate with real world examples of what the Incentives did for me.

Sorry if you took it as me bragging. I hope Uber brings the Incentives Program to your area if it's not there already

#21 ·
Seriously, New2This has a good point. If these metal programs stick around, it's a game-changer. Lyft won't do well if they just ignore it.

I used to chase 100 trips for a $325 bonus. Once did an insane 140 trips for $535 bonus.

Now at platinum, after just 75 trips for the week so far, my Earnings Boost is over $650.00.

Uber has ruined me too.

#28 ·
At least you get an incentive this new promotions have all but killed my income as a PT'er. No surges in weeks and having to drive 2x more in order to even get what I used to get. Before easily top 100 on a Saturday now its barely even 60. Then you get the cheap ass pax compaing about "high rates" sorry your .5 mile trip on U Street cost $5 and it takes 15 mins how bout you walk instead?

#30 ·
The way I see it the metal bonuses cannot last. Sure drivers are happy now but it's artificial as UBER loses money on every ride that qualifies.

I'm torn on if I should transfer to be a DC driver to use the metal program as they have told me if I do I will lose my grandfathered 80% and have to become 75%.

Itd an odd place to be.

#39 ·
I was sent a survey from Uber to rate them 0-10 on recommending others to drive. I said 0 and said rates were too low.

I'm sure they will throw out that response and skew their math to say drivers love to refer other drivers.
That's a great way to get platinum level!!! respond with zeros to uber satisfaction/recommendation surveys.

I always rate them at zero as that should cough up additional incentives!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.