Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Premium Member
64,411 Posts
Didn't read entire email from Uber but I guess they have deep pockets to throw money around to help supposedly DACA beneficiaries. I think money better spent at giving more of fares to driver payout, instead of another entitlement program. Smh.
Americans are always Last on every List !

·
Premium Member
2,256 Posts
most people who care about amnesty are Democratic Party activists, their bosses and virtue-signallers in the news. Pushing amnesty is going to kill the Democrats in the next national election.

Most everyone else, especially legal immigrants, hate rewarding illegal behavior.

Try that next time at Disney World. Cut to the front with your kids, you might get in trouble. But your kids still get to ride!

·
Premium Member
64,411 Posts
most people who care about amnesty are Democratic Party activists, their bosses and virtue-signallers in the news. Pushing amnesty is going to kill the Democrats in the next national election.

Most everyone else, especially legal immigrants, hate rewarding illegal behavior.

Try that next time at Disney World. Cut to the front with your kids, you might get in trouble. But your kids still get to ride!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
64,411 Posts
Politics as usual. Pretend to care about the well being of poor illegal immigrants during the day and come 5-6pm retire to their mansions and porsches.
I say we replace govt. With Illegals.
They will actually do what the voters wish for 20 cents on the dollar . . .
Lower Taxes in no time !
Fire Govt. !
Replace them with illegals .

Lets SEE how THEY LIKE IT !

You sound like a baby!
Weren't you born in the land of opportunities!
Not an ANCHOR BABY !

·
Premium Member
3,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My wife had to do it the hard way. Have disgusting sex and a baby with guy who joined the Army till she got her Green Card. Poor DACA ****** bags. Find someone in the military and get married. You get preference. Until you are willing to man up, STFU.
The point here tho is that this is another Uber pr move that puts other people ahead of drivers' welfare.

·
Registered
215 Posts
The point here tho is that this is another Uber pr move that puts other people ahead of drivers' welfare.
IF they were just after good PR they would announce to some a bunch of news outlets which i'm sure they did. Don't quite get the point of emailing the'independent contractors' who work for Uber. Are they assuming a large number of people who fall under DACA rules drive for Uber? If so is the number of them large enough to warrant such a hardline stance possibly alienating some drivers who have are just trying to make some money and don't want to get involved? Do they really think the immigration police are going to come busting down doors in 6 months to catch anyone whose parents brought them here illegally and have lived majority of lives in US?
Almost seems as though someone in Chicago Office or more likely Ubers boardroom wants to play politics. Leave your 'workforce' out of it!

·
Registered
833 Posts
Hope springs eternal given new CEO from Expedia... What's his name again?
Great point, but the gentle pink mustache company hasn't done much for their drivers. I'm extremely wary because since mid June the bottom fell out and there has yet to be a reprieve. Even with the way it is now I can make this work until I finish school. Also to be honest I'm fortunate to have this type of gig while going for my last round in school.

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
I love how everyone cares about illegal immigrants for the last 20 years, but nobody cares about education and reintegration of American born inmates. Dump them on the curb, even though many were brought up in disadvantaged hoods with broken families, but were American born. Foreign born, overstayed your Visa, here illegally? Let us coddle you. How can we suck you off, and spit in America's face?

·
Premium Member
2,311 Posts

Yeah, that might make sense if these young people had had any control over being brought here as children, but they didn't. BTW, of the 800,000 who are covered by DACA a higher percentage are college graduates than the general population, most are employed AND pay taxes, pay into SS etc even though they aren't eligible for benefits, many can't even remember the country they came from, the US GDP would lose over $450 BILLION a year, are not allowed to have a criminal background, must reregister every 2 years and pay $500 to do so. These are such terrible people(yes, that IS sarcasm) that maybe we should start treating the rest of the population this way, it might improve our society.

I love how everyone cares about illegal immigrants for the last 20 years, but nobody cares about education and reintegration of American born inmates. Dump them on the curb, even though many were brought up in disadvantaged hoods with broken families, but were American born. Foreign born, overstayed your Visa, here illegally? Let us coddle you. How can we suck you off, and spit in America's face?
Who doesn't care about American born inmates? Everyone seems to think we are capable of only doing one thing at a time. I happen to think we can help immigrants and former inmates, we can help refugees and veterans. This is not an either or proposition.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts