Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 Chevy Bolt EV
4,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was just reading a thread posted by a woman who was deactivated when her selfie didn't look like her. She had no idea how bad support is.

Failed selfie deactivation threads used to be more common, but they seemed to trail off. I was hoping it was due to improvements in Uber's facial recognition algo. But now I am back to wondering again. One of the reasons I don't switch back and forth from my phone to my tablet for Uber is that it prompts you for a selfie every time you swap. But regardless, I am getting prompted way more often even sticking to one device.

Scary.

Car Mirror Vehicle Automotive mirror Motor vehicle

Reactions: 4848

·
Super Moderator
13,383 Posts
It seems might have been a little more frequent but nothing too crazy. Maybe once a week now whereas before I'd only get them if I went off and online a bunch or uninstalled and reinstalled my app

I've always assumed the temporary app permissions are the prize, not my face.
Right? In hopes that we forgot to turn those permissions back off😂

·
Registered
206 Posts
I'm getting those about once a week. Always get them first thing in the morning before my caffeine fix. I never have a problem apparently since I always looked really annoyed when taking those selfies.

·
Registered
36 Posts
When women sit around they tend to get fat.. she probably blew up like a can of busted biscuits and the system couldn't tell it was her...
If Tron is referring to my post about being deactivated because my selfie didn’t look like my original photo, then f**k Uberyouber.

Because, not only did Uber claim that I was unrecognizable from my original photo, but a few days after uploading an updated photo, I was deactivated a second time for the same reason. How could I not look like a photo that I had just taken 3 days prior??

And, no, I didn’t sit around and “bl[o]w up like a can of busted biscuits”. But I did, however, go through a breast lumpectomy and treatment for breast cancer and now paddle and race with a dragon boat team of breast cancer survivors. So, yeah, my appearance may have changed some, but not to the point of being unrecognizable from my photo.

Uber’s facial recognition software needs work. Period.

·
Premium Member
7,668 Posts
If Tron is referring to my post about being deactivated because my selfie didn’t look like my original photo, then f**k Uberyouber.

Because, not only did Uber claim that I was unrecognizable from my original photo, but a few days after uploading an updated photo, I was deactivated a second time for the same reason. How could I not look like a photo that I had just taken 3 days prior??

And, no, I didn’t sit around and “bl[o]w up like a can of busted biscuits”. But I did, however, go through a breast lumpectomy and treatment for breast cancer and now paddle and race with a dragon boat team of breast cancer survivors. So, yeah, my appearance may have changed some, but not to the point of being unrecognizable from my photo.

Uber’s facial recognition software needs work. Period.
Do you have oily skin ? Sometimes it causes a "glare" making it hard to focus on your face...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Do you have oily skin ? Sometimes it causes a "glare" making it hard to focus on your face...
No.

But suggested that the camera be held up and the photo be taken from a slightly higher angle. That seemed to work since I haven’t been asked for another selfie, even though I’ve switched between Uber and Lyft numerous times.

·
Premium Member
2021 Chevy Bolt EV
4,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I read your post. It may have prompted me to post about the more frequent selfies. It is hold-your-breath time whenever this happens.

TIP: Take your photo in the same location each time, and in the same lighting. So if you are not always taking the selfie in the car, do that. But also try to be sure your face is illuminated about the same. For what it's worth that's what I do.

Reactions: Invisible

·
Premium Member
3,603 Posts
Was just reading a thread posted by a woman who was deactivated when her selfie didn't look like her. She had no idea how bad support is.

Failed selfie deactivation threads used to be more common, but they seemed to trail off. I was hoping it was due to improvements in Uber's facial recognition algo. But now I am back to wondering again. One of the reasons I don't switch back and forth from my phone to my tablet for Uber is that it prompts you for a selfie every time you swap. But regardless, I am getting prompted way more often even sticking to one device.

Scary.

View attachment 664010
It is harassment by uber when you have to many decline and you do not want to work in area where they wants you yo work with very low fare . they was doing this to me to stop take pic more then 30 times day it was so annoyed over expressway on the bridge s they just was harassed me and take me off line .

·
Premium Member
3,603 Posts
they do it about once a month to me the day after i play ghost car and ignore a few thousand rides

what i do is go home take selphie on toilet with middle finger in shot

turn on x ignore all the 10+ minute away ridiculous requests because theyre waiting 30 minutes anyway

wait till i get the 1-3 minutes request accept and doh cancel after 5 minutes or they text app shows ur not moving are u coming so they too have to now wait 30 minutes

i do that three or 5 times then toggle back to xl only

your life is a game to them play it like one

everytime they lie cheat steal insult just degrade the experience for the morons who actually request an x trying to use an app to steal from u because they have no car no friends no family no coworkers they can give gas money too

uber isnt for local losers its for business travellers, car in shop, tourists...

if their algo was so advanced it would know everytime they do nonsense it gets nonsense back

it would know 999 outta 1000 rides for the last 6 years are airports and not to send me anything but

yet it still tries daily to steal from me, it insults me with requests so far away id have to have an iq of 7 to accept it

so play the game playa its not a job or a gig its a human trafficking platform that steals and exploits labor and pays bribes in the form of fines to operate above the law as any 3rd grader could regulate it in minutes
Well that's what America become that's how UBER CEO get pay 8 million year salary .Being fare he could not rich that amounts of money . Workers in US are unprotected by Predators Corporation .

1 - 20 of 32 Posts