Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2,531 Posts
Yes. Guess what? There's visibility because there is TRACEABILITY! What victim is going to take the time to get the license plate, medallion number, name, etc from a cabbie???

Oh, and the NYC Transportation Bomber was a HACK.

· Registered
2,531 Posts
You don't NEED all that to go after a cabbie.

Just pay with a credit card and BOOM... lighting focus on which car/driver it is.

Here in Orlandoish all the taxis are required to have a vehicle# displayed inside and outside of the car.

So the taxis i drive...

Liscense plate if you can catch it.

text with the vehicle # (if you phoned in)

Vehicle number inside/outside the car

Receipts on demand (with vehicle/driver ID #)

driver name/City badge MUST be on display on person or in the vehicle.

Tracking a taxi is easier than you would think.
Taxi's don't require CC. And I doubt that he'll be swiping your card after he rapes you. Yes, after being assaulted, young 16 year olds will be looking for that license plate and/or vehicle ID #. Sheesh.

EVERY Uber/Lyft ride - properly executed - will have GPS tracking (evidence) and identification information for both the requestor and the driver. How can this possibly be more unsafe than what is being offered in the legacy system?

· Registered
2,531 Posts
Depends on the city...

NYC?
Yes

Orlando?

Yes

London?

Yes

washington DC?

Yes

Boston, San Francisco, Chicago?

Yes,yes,yes

So it depends on the city... (and everywhere else the company)

When i did my podunk 1 man operation even I took credit.

It's probobly harder to find a company that doesn't than does...
I think taxi drivers have poor reading comprehension. I never said that taxis have to accept credit cards. I said you don't have to pay by credit card when you take a taxi, no matter what city you are in.

EVERY properly requested uber ride is tracked.

Age of consent in GA?

Rape is not consent, you sick f***.

· Registered
2,531 Posts

· Registered
2,531 Posts
Might be old but I just wanted to correct you and say he was an Uber driver. Not a taxi driver.
That was exactly my point. He was caught because he was traceable. Uber drivers are singled out because they are caught. Taxi drivers are NOT any better, they just don't get caught as often because identifying them is much more difficult.

· Registered
2,531 Posts
But you said "hack"

Anyway... in NYC you can catch a yellow cab driver just as easily.. all you need is the plate number and that's it.

I've had a situation where I got into it with my Uber driver(didn't want to pick me up because I wasn't a good enough fare) and when I messaged Uber they didn't supply me with the info until I got the TLC involved.

And what do you mean caught? Like all these rapes happening in Uber's? So like you mean there's a insane amount of unsolved rapes happening in cabs? Do you have proof of this?
But you can get the data if you need it. And, no, catching a plate number is not as easy as already having the data on your phone, on your Uber account, etc. What if you don't have a pen? Sheesh - I can't believe people are actually arguing that it's just as simple to find a cabbie as it is to know who your last Uber driver was. Yes, I'm sure you're right. Women getting attacked should have the mindset to commit to memory a license plate number or a medallion number while it's speeding away.

And, no, no proof - because taxi drivers are a lot more (not completely) anonymous, therefore, I hypothesize that it is grossly underreported.

Finally, Akayed Ullah, the stupid NYC bomber wanna be, was not an Uber driver. "Ullah was a licensed cab driver from March 2012 to March 2015" though Yellow, Uber, Lyft all agree he didn't work for them: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/12/1...ion-suspect-what-know-about-akayed-ullah.html

· Registered
2,531 Posts
I love how people play stupid when it benefits them.

You get high tech and call cars with your phone at the click of a button but if you need to take down 4 letters and numbers for a cab all the sudden you need to walk around with a pen and pad... that's what notepad on your phone is for.
Do you actually use Uber? Do you know how the app works? You put in a request, put in the destination, then you forget about it. You don't pull your phone out of your pocket immediately following an assault and determine who it was that attacked you. You make your way to a friendly place and eventually show your phone to a cop and say "THAT POS ATTACKED ME!"

So... Because Uber lies, you can definitively tell me he drove for them? LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.