Uber Drivers Forum banner

Hacked or hardware or software failure

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I was a gambling man, I am thinking Uber was hit with a denial of service attack.

I came to this conclusion because a multi billion company has fail safes in place for redundancy. For example, if a server fails there are thousands of others for backup. If software fails, they can roll back to the last known working version.

·
Banned
1,451 Posts
My app crashed right while dropping of a pax. Can't log in, can't reset my password, reset link is dns error.

·
Banned
1,451 Posts
Not really, just had the pax cancel the ride. Got paid, rated 5 stars. Now my app is back and working. I think I'll take a break from Uber for a couple of weeks though, got other more important things to do.

·
Banned
1,451 Posts
Michael Joseph,

On Thursday, we did not provide the reliability you deserve. You may have experienced a technical error with the app that impacted your ability to accept trips during an hourly guarantee period.

To make it up to you, we’ve deposited $20 directly into your account. This will be reflected on next week’s pay statement.

We're committed to delivering an experience you can count on and appreciate your continued partnership.

Uber On!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts