Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been driving for Uber since July 2016. I've almost always been doing part-time work on the weekends, I usually drive 16 to 25 hours a week and I can say I was doing well, sometimes $ 350, $ 450, $ 650. This week I will start driving full time. I would like you to give me your help and recommend really the best places, schedules and days to handle. I'm thinking of driving 10 to 14 hours a day, although I confess I only wanted to do 8 a day. If there is something left to say that I have never picked up at the airport and I would really like to know what the best days and hours are to pick up, I have not driven for Lyft and I am in the process of subscribing

·
Premium Member
1,694 Posts
You've been driving for almost a year and haven't figured out the best places & times to drive? I've got this feeling most people aren't going to post what their secrets are and I don't and won't blame them. But I'm sure people will be willing to add some harmless & helpful tips.

My tip would be- hang out at the airport all day and wait for rides so I have less competition on the road :).

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
I've been driving for Uber since July 2016. I've almost always been doing part-time work on the weekends, I usually drive 16 to 25 hours a week and I can say I was doing well, sometimes $ 350, $ 450, $ 650. This week I will start driving full time. I would like you to give me your help and recommend really the best places, schedules and days to handle. I'm thinking of driving 10 to 14 hours a day, although I confess I only wanted to do 8 a day. If there is something left to say that I have never picked up at the airport and I would really like to know what the best days and hours are to pick up, I have not driven for Lyft and I am in the process of subscribing
Best pickup locations are Lawrence, Fall River, New Bedford, Roxbury, Springfield, and of course Provincetown. Good luck and don't forget your pepper spray.

·
Registered
116 Posts
It's common sense. By now you should know when it's busy where. There is enough info on these threads to learn when and where to be. And more than enough threads about airport business, especially in the last two weeks. Stop being lazy and open your eyes. But I'll give you one piece of advice, actually two: go to Logan as much as possible, especially around 5-7:30pm. And sit at South Station and hope for some poor sucker that missed his train and needs a ride to NYC. Turn down all other rides. It will come.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
It's common sense. By now you should know when it's busy where. There is enough info on these threads to learn when and where to be. And more than enough threads about airport business, especially in the last two weeks. Stop being lazy and open your eyes. But I'll give you one piece of advice, actually two: go to Logan as much as possible, especially around 5-7:30pm. And sit at South Station and hope for some poor sucker that missed his train and needs a ride to NYC. Turn down all other rides. It will come.
**** homini lupus est!

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Here is what I suggest. No one is going to invite the competition. We are all competing for the same dollars. Take a look at your last year driving. See where and when you have been most successful. Continue going to those places at those times. Then in the other hours try different places keep good records and follow the trends. In a couple of weeks you should be able to figure out what works best for you. Good luck.

·
Banned
1,242 Posts
Everyone is calling you out for being a liar. I agree it sounds fishy that you've driven for almost a year and don't know anything about when and where to drive.

Prove us wrong - show us a copy of an Uber payment to you a few months back.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
A year ago I could go online and without much thought bank good money. Now I feel I can still make the same money but I need a lot more strategy. There are so many factors: time of year, time of day, weather, etc...

If you are going to do full time your best bet will be to cherry-pick your hours if possible. A 5am airport run or two could make you as much as you'll earn all during mid-day.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Guys sorry if I saw myself wrong in asking those questions, I did not do it with the intention of taking over yours strategies and tricks. thank you anyway

Product Azure Font Material property Screenshot Font Material property Screenshot Rectangle Parallel Font Material property Screenshot Rectangle Technology Product Azure Font Material property Screenshot Font Material property Screenshot Rectangle Technology Font Material property Screenshot Rectangle Parallel Product Azure Font Material property Screenshot
Everyone is calling you out for being a liar. I agree it sounds fishy that you've driven for almost a year and don't know anything about when and where to drive.

I will show you a lot

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 24 Posts