Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,200 Posts
Do those on the Safety Advisory Board do it for free. Or is there a nice fat stipend and/or large donation made to the "non-profit" the executive of the that non-profit who sits on the Safety Advisory Board.

Are there any Safety Advisory Board members who have a transportation or driving service background?

I nominate chi1cabby to sit on the board. He is inquisitive, level headed, and seems to be able to absorb vasts amount of information.

I nominate Showa50 . He thinks out of the box, speaks and presents himself well, and tries to make improvements in TNC Driving not just for himself but others.

I nominate Optimus Uber. He has a little extra time on his hands. He has ability to create conflict but still focus on the big picture. A little conflict is always good in a group environment if the guy/gal lighting a few of those matches isn't a complete a-hole.

I do not nominate the ex-uberx driver from Costa Mesa who got be..atch slapped by Taco Bell Ex-Executive PAX. Too many Exxxxxxs for me. Although playing that video in the Safety Advisory Board first work group meeting at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse in Palm Desert, CA might be appropriate.

·
Banned
9,012 Posts
Do those on the Safety Advisory Board do it for free. Or is there a nice fat stipend and/or large donation made to the "non-profit" the executive of the that non-profit who sits on the Safety Advisory Board.

Are there any Safety Advisory Board members who have a transportation or driving service background?

I nominate chi1cabby to sit on the board. He is inquisitive, level headed, and seems to be able to absorb vasts amount of information.

I nominate Showa50 . He thinks out of the box, speaks and presents himself well, and tries to make improvements in TNC Driving not just for himself but others.

I nominate Optimus Uber. He has a little extra time on his hands. He has ability to create conflict but still focus on the big picture. A little conflict is always good in a group environment if the guy/gal lighting a few of those matches isn't a complete a-hole.

I do not nominate the ex-uberx driver from Costa Mesa who got be..atch slapped by Taco Bell Ex-Executive PAX. Too many Exxxxxxs for me. Although playing that video in the Safety Advisory Board first work group meeting at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse in Palm Desert, CA might be appropriate.
Thanks Dave, much appreciate the nomination. Haha. I guess you've become accustomed to the way I do things. Stir a little, then play a little devil's advocate. Best way to solve an issue is to look at it through multiple view points. Everyone's perspective needs to be taken into consideration. You're not going to please everyone, but you can give every group a little something to appease them.

In negotiations, no one group should ever be 100% satisfied. That is how you know it is somewhat fair.

So when you read this thread Travis, you can email me through UP and give me the details of the gig. Consider yourself lucky I'm keeping an open mind and that I will communicate with you. BTW, I am not interested in being on pay roll. I still want to be under contract partner. We will discuss compensation once Uber is clear on what the roll is and what is expected of me.

I can fix many things. Taken numerous management courses and have over 20 years experience being the liaison between employee's (contractors) and Senior Management. When I say senior, I mean on Corporate level, not one of the divisions of a company.

The last paragraph was written for my friend Sacto Burbs who loves to read the arrogance in my posts, haha!!

·
Premium Member
4,200 Posts
Thanks Dave, much appreciate the nomination. Haha. I guess you've become accustomed to the way I do things. Stir a little, then play a little devil's advocate. Best way to solve an issue is to look at it through multiple view points. Everyone's perspective needs to be taken into consideration. You're not going to please everyone, but you can give every group a little something to appease them.

In negotiations, no one group should ever be 100% satisfied. That is how you know it is somewhat fair.

So when you read this thread Travis, you can email me through UP and give me the details of the gig. Consider yourself lucky I'm keeping an open mind and that I will communicate with you. BTW, I am not interested in being on pay roll. I still want to be under contract partner. We will discuss compensation once Uber is clear on what the roll is and what is expected of me.

I can fix many things. Taken numerous management courses and have over 20 years experience being the liaison between employee's (contractors) and Senior Management. When I say senior, I mean on Corporate level, not one of the divisions of a company.

The last paragraph was written for my friend Sacto Burbs who loves to read the arrogance in my posts, haha!!
After deep deep thought and a 4th cup of Java...my words of wisdom are - YUP.

·
Registered
10,169 Posts
Thanx SCdave in your vote of confidence! :)

Here's some tidbits on this Uber's Safety Advisory Board:
1) It's formation was first announced exactly 8 months back. It takes that long to find 6 luminaries to serve on the Board: An Update from the Uber Safety Team

2) Safety Advisory Board member Ed Davis is an Ex Boston Police Chief. He is already on Uber's payroll as a consultant. He supports Uber's non fingerprint based Online Background Checks Ridesharing changes benefit all, while Boston's current Police Chief Evans renews call for extensive background checks at Uber

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,200 Posts
Thanx SCdave in your vote of confidence! :)

Here's some tidbits on this Uber's Safety Advisory Board:
1) It's formation was first announced exactly 8 months back. It takes that long to find 6 luminaries to serve on the Board: An Update from the Uber Safety Team

2) Safety Advisory Board member Ed Davis is an Ex Boston Police Chief. He is already on Uber's payroll as a consultant. He supports Uber's non fingerprint based Online Background Checks Ridesharing changes benefit all, while Boston's current Police Chief Evans renews call for extensive background checks at Uber
Wow - (wink wink) didn't see that coming :)

·
Premium Member
4,200 Posts
Okay - Time for Drivers to have a "Drivers Safety Advisory Board".

Need grant from a large foundation. Would Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation fund it? Would Media pick up and publish news on it?

chi1cabby , I really think that you should be setting up a Non-Profit Foundation. Not the "Strike this or Strike that" but advocacy for TNC OnDemand Workers. That is the direction I believe all of your boundless energy would best be directed.

I believe in less regulation and less government intervention as possible can co-exist with common sense rules that help guide the OnDemand Workforce. Just too onesided at this point in time.

·
Registered
3,805 Posts

Thank you :)

·
Premium Member
4,134 Posts

How does Uber have a safety board if they're not even in the transportation business?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts