Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a non pool uber fare that was around 9 dollars get adjusted today to a fare of 3.12......They adjusted the fare 3 weeks later. The fare was from a February 3rd ride and I got a message a few hours ago saying the fare had been changed to below a minimum fare. I reached out to Uber and they told me that they can't adjust the fare back because its after 3 business days....but they can switch it for the passenger???

Has this ever happened to anyone? This seems ridiculous.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
I had a non pool uber fare that was around 9 dollars get adjusted today to a fare of 3.12......They adjusted the fare 3 weeks later. The fare was from a February 3rd ride and I got a message a few hours ago saying the fare had been changed to below a minimum fare. I reached out to Uber and they told me that they can't adjust the fare back because its after 3 business days....but they can switch it for the passenger???

Print out all the documentation you have, and file a class action lawsuit. It's only going to get worse.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it's not about the 6 dollars. I have a full time job aside from uber. I'm a teacher. The 6 dollars doesn't mean anything..... The adjustment below minimum fare is what bothers me and 3 weeks after the trip. It wasn't a pool ride so at minimum it should be 3.75. It was also 26 minutes and over 8 miles. If uber does that to me, I'm sure Uber does that to others as well....

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
Did you notice it in review of your trips, or did you get a notification?

Also, I just reviewed my last 200 rides, and none have changed.

Honestly, if it's only happened the one time, I might consider that the rider may have had a legitimate complaint about their ride with me. I'd very much prefer Uber tell me what I did wrong if they get a complaint like that, but I've gotten neither adjustments nor complaints to date, so I'm not sure whether they do.

·
Registered
133 Posts

You simply need to press harder, they can and will re-adjust and/or explain why.
Be polite, patient and persistent.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
You simply need to press harder, they can and will re-adjust and/or explain why.
Be polite, patient and persistent.
You stole my response. You're completely right. OP should press for a legit reason. If they don't have one then they should reverse it.

·
Registered
751 Posts
You stole my response. You're completely right. OP should press for a legit reason. If they don't have one then they should reverse it.
You guys forgot the most important one, Beg for it. Just saying. All these companies always find a way to screw us, but we let them all the time.

·
Registered
932 Posts
OP should be persistent and very friendly the whole time. My favorite line in a situation like this
"I'm just trying to understand because the way I am seeing it, it feels unfair to me unless I can be given a concrete reason for the fare being adjusted"

Also do you have a dash cam? I have found those helpful in fare dispute

·
Premium Member
2,939 Posts
You dont need to be nice.. they weren't nice n respectful to us anyway. Funny thing, i just got one of my fares adjusted too yesterday. Worst part was the fare was back in december 2016.
Emailed Uber back, i was harsh and did mention "see you in court". Within 1 hour got a reply saying it got readjusted, just like never happened.

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
Did you notice it in review of your trips, or did you get a notification?

Also, I just reviewed my last 200 rides, and none have changed.

Honestly, if it's only happened the one time, I might consider that the rider may have had a legitimate complaint about their ride with me. I'd very much prefer Uber tell me what I did wrong if they get a complaint like that, but I've gotten neither adjustments nor complaints to date, so I'm not sure whether they do.
Yeah...With you on this one.. I just wish back pay for me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts