Uber Drivers Forum banner

Are you willing to Work for Minimum Wage?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 16 100.0%
  • Surge Only

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the recent propaganda meeting they stated they know there are drivers that will work for $30, $20, $10 an hour. They are definitely culling the herd for the $10 drivers in my City. Calculated they new fare from my last fair of Friday, compared to new fare effective tonight. 8.7 miles, 15 minutes:

Last Night's fare: base 2.5, 8.7 x 1.75, 15 x .25 = 21.69

Same fare tonight: base 2, 8.7x 1, 15 x .15 = 12.95

But ya know, more fares. This is now a net min. wage job, plus wear and tear on your car.

No thanks

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
You have to really love driving random strangers around. That's the only reason I see to keep going with UberX.
You're using that reason to justify continuing to drive?
Don't be a cliff hanger - just let go, there's nothing to fear. You've already hit rock bottom.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Enjoying a Saturday without drunken college kids puking in my ride, asking me how long i've worked for Uber, where I'm from, what I did before. Ah, it's grand I tell you. Anyone want to toast a nice whiskey and coke? Cheers.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You have to really love driving random strangers around. That's the only reason I see to keep going with UberX.
I too liked driving random strangers. Here 90% are cool, just the out of towners that suck. I'm not working for nearly half what I did yesterday though. It's unfortunate, another example of the powers that be trampling on the little guy.

They had the gull to say that they were sharing in the cut equally, that is just not true, in any universe. Rider fee, no overhead costs to cover, lack of valid insurance,etc...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts