Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just about 5 minutes away from dropping off my passengers when I got this pop up message:

image.jpg

It was a 4-hour, 200-mile, round trip from Tampa to Ocala and back. The fare was more than $350 (XL).

My question is, is there a time limit or mileage limit for trips? Has anyone had this happen to them before?

The trip shows up in my dashboard but not in the Driver App, and there are no earnings shown for the trip.

image.jpg

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yup. 4 hour time limit. Did you take them all the way to their destination? (I would guess you did. Uber is the ahole here, no reason for you to join them) put in for a fair adjustment explaining why.
Oh yeah, I wasn't just going to kick them out. I just spent 4 hours with them and they bought me lunch. I was only a few miles from their house so they had to direct me. I guess you learn something new everyday!

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
if you want to make an issue over the 5 or 10 bucks.. Email support and have the fare adjusted.

But, I can pretty much tell you the banging your head on the wall and frustration with support will likely cost you more than you'll get.
No, if I get paid on what it says, I will be happy. Like I said, I was really close to their house. And I know what support is like. I've spent hours just trying to get .79 cents reimbursed for a toll!

·
Registered
10,169 Posts
if you want to make an issue over the 5 or 10 bucks.. Email support and have the fare adjusted.
CommanderXL you're gonna have to keep emailing anyways to get paid for this trip. Trips that are over $100 have to be manually reviewed & approved for you to get paid. Might as well ask them to pay you for the correct drop off location.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
heck of a ride. if pax was cool , even better.
I know right! If only it were a surge!!

Yeah, passengers were really cool and there were only 2 of them. 15 minute stop in Ocala (no questions asked) and then they bought me fish (place called Off the Hooks, lol) and right back to Tampa.

I have a feeling this trip will haunt me though. There will be a flood of new drivers after Uber's new ads - Tampa drivers earn up to $89 an hour! And in the Weekly Summary - The best drivers made $89/hr. Lol

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wait, you did get paid for the trip riight?
Not sure yet. Uber Support, and others, said it was standard practice that large fares needed to be reviewed. Here's what Support said:

Thanks for reaching out and sorry for the confusion.

I completely understand the frustration around not seeing this trip in your statement, especially given the significant fare.

Because it was a large fare, our team has to give it special approval before it can be processed. I apologize for the delay but want to assure you that it will be on your next week statement.

Trip ID: db837125-5d38-468d-908b
Trip Details: Distance (Miles) 203.07 and Time 240:22 minutes
Amount: 356.67

In the case it's not, please let me know and I will immediately look into it for you.​

·
Registered
91 Posts
What they are really saying is: We wanna make sure we get paid, before you get paid...

Reactions: jgiun1

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just had this happen today. Trip ended after about 60 miles, and 2 hours in traffic. But i still had another 40 miles to go.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Not sure yet. Uber Support, and others, said it was standard practice that large fares needed to be reviewed. Here's what Support said:

Thanks for reaching out and sorry for the confusion.

I completely understand the frustration around not seeing this trip in your statement, especially given the significant fare.

Because it was a large fare, our team has to give it special approval before it can be processed. I apologize for the delay but want to assure you that it will be on your next week statement.

Trip ID: db837125-5d38-468d-908b
Trip Details: Distance (Miles) 203.07 and Time 240:22 minutes
Amount: 356.67

In the case it's not, please let me know and I will immediately look into it for you.​
It has been three years... you never said if you got paid or not. Did you?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts