Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received a ping for McDonalds pickup 4 miles away 1.4 boost. The order was placed at 03.48 and it came to me at 5.20 and when I got to restaurant, the order had vanished from their system. I had no choice but to cancel it since there was no rider support at the time I had the order.

·
Premium Member
8,490 Posts
I received a ping for McDonalds pickup 4 miles away 1.4 boost. The order was placed at 03.48 and it came to me at 5.20 and when I got to restaurant, the order had vanished from their system. I had no choice but to cancel it since there was no rider support at the time I had the order.
They didn't send the order 70 minutes late. The order was sent to multiple drivers who refused it or cancelled it. Then it finally came to you. Why did you accept it?

·
Super Moderator
5,911 Posts
They didn't send the order 70 minutes late. The order was sent to multiple drivers who refused it or cancelled it. Then it finally came to you. Why did you accept it?
How would they know it had been rejected by other drivers?

DD is easier to tell by delivery time, but don't see how with UE.

·
Premium Member
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I accepted it because there is an issue with the app, it does not say how far the restaurant is before accepting a job and it also does not say what time order was placed: I found out after I saw the cancellation trip

·
Premium Member
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Every now and then I think to myself, "Hey, I should try doing a couple Uber Eats orders for fun."

Then I read shit like this and that thought goes away for a very long time.
It is as bad as Uber Driver, last night I wait near busy restaurants where drivers keep coming and going constantly and I am waiting there like a sitting duck punished for some reason. I contact Uber they say your account is in order. You need to go to busy areas

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
uber eats is 10 times worse then driving clients,it pays garbage. only way you can even salvage a delivery is if you are tipped...good luck with that. another thing i dont get. even if are standing in mcdonalds and get your food right there its almost always barely hot,why do people pay a premium for cold food? its dumb...people trying to pose as big shots,who dont even tip for cold fast food slop...america what a country lol

·
Super Moderator
5,911 Posts
For me, delivery is no worse or better than driving pax. I make about the same money. It's just a matter of preference. Personally, I prefer to drive things (i.e, food) that don't care about what music I play, the AC setting, how I drive, etc.

Obviously there's the chance of waiting 20 minutes for a $4 order with no tip. But similar scenarios can happen with pax. And with both, there's more chance of avoiding those scenarios once you know your market.

·
Premium Member
8,757 Posts
Eats is a tool in the arsenal. I switch between pax and food as the need arises.

Food is easier, less issues, frequently faster to get trip count for quest. Pays better than x if you ignore low ball pings and is busy at different times of the day. I can make a quick $50 doing lunch on Mondays and very well Sunday afternoon. There will also be the occasional late night $20 order. Bottom line, I'm more in control of my hourly income because I don't take crap deliveries. Friday and Saturday night after about 7pm the money is all in pax for me aside from the rare unicorn.

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
First off never do fast food joints unless you are aching for punishment because it never ends well with Uber deliveries.

If you take a order from McDonald’s then make sure the bag is not sitting there when you arrive and make sure they are making it fresh because you do not know how long that bag has been sitting there..

Finally, never do McDonald’s!!!

I should have made the last part my second suggestion!

·
5,880 Posts
The order did not vanish, McDonalds just got tired of it sitting on their screen so they cleared it off. They could have very easily went into their system and recalled the order. I deal with this at the local McDonalds all the time. They will not make the food until a driver shows up. After 10 minutes they clear it from their screen. At least they are smart enough to know how to look the orders up. When I accept an order from them I call them to let them know I am on the way. They make the food and have it ready when I show up. I guess that is an advantage of being in a rural area that does not have a lot of eats orders yet.

Reactions: jjminor82

·
Registered
4 Posts
4 miles away!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
uber eats is 10 times worse then driving clients,it pays garbage. only way you can even salvage a delivery is if you are tipped...good luck with that. another thing i dont get. even if are standing in mcdonalds and get your food right there its almost always barely hot,why do people pay a premium for cold food? its dumb...people trying to pose as big shots,who dont even tip for cold fast food slop...america what a country lol
What about driving 150 kms to get $100 , the gas, wear and tear, tires, breaks etc don't count in your equation.

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
For me, delivery is no worse or better than driving pax. I make about the same money. It's just a matter of preference. Personally, I prefer to drive things (i.e, food) that don't care about what music I play, the AC setting, how I drive, etc.

Obviously there's the chance of waiting 20 minutes for a $4 order with no tip. But similar scenarios can happen with pax. And with both, there's more chance of avoiding those scenarios once you know your market.
I prefer food because it generally stinks less. 😅

·
Premium Member
3,507 Posts
Was there a lesson learned ?
Depending on your area / mcdonalds is a place a driver should not pick up food .
Here a person the accepts a ping from Mc donalds also accepts them for walmarts and meijers

·
Premium Member
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Was there a lesson learned ?
Depending on your area / mcdonalds is a place a driver should not pick up food .
Here a person the accepts a ping from Mc donalds also accepts them for walmarts and meijers
Unfortunately in some areas MCDONALDS is the only restaurant open late at night

1 - 19 of 19 Posts