Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
Duchess of Decline, Splendida Sarcasmus
2,738 Posts
$7.80 for 2 miles is not a crappy request…
It easily could be. Might be an apartment complex with serious problems. I’ve seen a few of those on radar. What I haven’t seen on radar so far is anything worthwhile.

Now, it COULD be because they get snatched up before I ever see them. But what makes you think you’d see it at all if it didn’t go on Radar.

Radar is implemented exactly for that reason: so you don’t look closer into the details.

·
Premium Member
3,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It easily could be. Might be an apartment complex with serious problems. I’ve seen a few of those on radar. What I haven’t seen on radar so far is anything worthwhile.

Now, it COULD be because they get snatched up before I ever see them. But what makes you think you’d see it at all if it didn’t go on Radar.

Radar is implemented exactly for that reason: so you don’t look closer into the details.
I only do delivery in my area which I know rather well… UE is not my primary app, DD is.

I think that trip radar was designed in mind to keep drivers having the Uber app always in focus with other apps running in background. Those who have the app in focus have a better chance at seeing better trips quicker than someone having to switch over to the app.

I also think trip radar while driving is a bad distraction and will cause someone to have a serious accident at some point. When that happens I think it will be the end of trip radar… jmo

·
Premium Member
2,738 Posts
I only do delivery in my area which I know rather well… UE is not my primary app, DD is.

I think that trip radar was designed in mind to keep drivers having the Uber app always in focus with other apps running in background. Those who have the app in focus have a better chance at seeing better trips quicker than someone having to switch over to the app.

I also think trip radar while driving is a bad distraction and will cause someone to have a serious accident at some point. When that happens I think it will be the end of trip radar… jmo
Well I just got two, both for $11 and change. One was 13 miles, the other 16. Both got snatched up apparently. I’d not risk it - in my area base has been higher for longer trips, so I suspect neither is a hidden tip situation.

I’m neutral on Radar. It doesn’t bother me,but I have yet to see anything worthwhile.

I watch neither app. When parked, I browse or make phone calls. When driving I monitor DD only because lately the app sends no notifications.

·
Banned
2,139 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,804 Posts

I think that trip radar was designed in mind to keep drivers having the Uber app always in focus with other apps running in background.
I think it was created to put lipstick on a pig and provide you with less information. You do get address info but no map. Do I know EVERY zip code in Wilmington DE ? No. There could also be two restaurants in the same area. one is normal, one is in a mall. No thanks...
I’m neutral on Radar. It doesn’t bother me,but I have yet to see anything worthwhile.
In my market Trip Radar is basically a collection of mall/Apple Store/Walmart bottom rung 10 cent per mile trash requests. When I'm focused on DD or GH and "A new request just came in" notification pops up I just swipe it away and ignore it. 99% of them are straight garbage.

I also notice an influx of TR requests when it's slow. If it's busy it's just the normal 95% slave rate Uber offers.

·
Premium Member
3,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think it was created to put lipstick on a pig and provide you with less information. You do get address info but no map. Do I know EVERY zip code in Wilmington DE ? No. There could also be two restaurants in the same area. one is normal, one is in a mall. No thanks...

In my market Trip Radar is basically a collection of mall/Apple Store/Walmart bottom rung 10 cent per mile trash requests. When I'm focused on DD or GH and "A new request just came in" notification pops up I just swipe it away and ignore it. 99% of them are straight garbage.

I also notice an influx of TR requests when it's slow. If it's busy it's just the normal 95% slave rate Uber offers.
Uber’s map sucks anyways… cannot zoom in or out… and sometimes it auto zooms in so far that half the map is missing anyways…

I barely use Uber, it literally pays crap 99% of the time… if I was CEO, I would be absolutely embarrassed at the driver payouts. What a-hole that is willing to work for $2 is beyond my comprehension 🤷‍♂️

·
Premium Member
4,804 Posts
I barely use Uber
Same.
I keep Eats on when GH is dead and DD is being Floor Trash.
I can usually find a short gem or a bare minimum $1.50 - $2.00 per mile order to fill in the gaps here and there.

On a weekend night after 8 PM DD usually starts to get a bit cheap and slimy but UE will actually pump out a series of profitable trips.

I dunno, shit is so random.

·
Premium Member
3,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Same.
I keep Eats on when GH is dead and DD is being Floor Trash.
I can usually find a short gem or a bare minimum $1.50 - $2.00 per mile order to fill in the gaps here and there.

On a weekend night after 8 PM DD usually starts to get a bit cheap and slimy but UE will actually pump out a series of profitable trips.

I dunno, shit is so random.
GH is almost completely dead in my market, and UE comes in a close second to GH. My market is definitely DD …

I cannot even imagine trip radar even working properly in my market b/c of UE being so damn slow here.

You can do really good when DD has peak pay promos of $2 and $3 on weekends in my market…

I try to stay as close as possible to what I call restaurant alley… almost 90 restaurants in a 3 mile span.

·
Premium Member
2,738 Posts

Mostly just requests no one wants for me. It’s usually one of two options:
1. A request I just got and declined, or
2. A request that I will get in the next two minutes and decline. 😂

1 - 17 of 17 Posts