Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,871 Posts
Just wait and they will ping with tip only pay and when you deliver the food 🥘 the tip will be taken away and you will have done it for free while costing you time and gas.

Uber is preparing for the FTC to hit them hard, so they need to have us work for free.
It’s almost that way now it seems. The 2 orders the OP posted includes the tip. So if the customers tipped a dollar, first order is .49 cents and the second is .90 cents.

·
Premium Member
1,459 Posts
It’s almost that way now it seems. The 2 orders the OP posted includes the tip. So if the customers tipped a dollar, first order is .49 cents and the second is .90 cents.
I believe Uber is going to kill itself in the food delivery 🚚 game by running off it driver’s.

No way I would deliver that and when I saw the pay drop last year I knew it was time to shift from Eats to X.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I quit Uber eats after a few weeks of seeing similar stuff. Not only was I delivering a couple miles for less than two dollars, the college dorm residents were ordering food from the most congested shopping center with zero parking for drivers like me. My choice was to park a quarter mile away and walk or double park and risk a ticket. Also, the residents would not come out of their dorm for up to 5 minutes, where again I was double parking or idling in a fire zone. So I chose to quit uber eats after that. I do uber x and occasional packages.
Thank you everyone who posts helpful comments.

·
Registered
116 Posts
like i said some people don't know their worth. They will drive someone down to Miami for 80 dollars from Uber and Lyft. Others will go you crazy and take the ping, call the rider and say listen you have to pay me 200 dollars or we are not going
A few years ago I got a request in Coral Gables via Lyft. Pulled up, hit arrived and it showed the destination being Key West. Quickly cancelled and left as I knew I wouldn't be getting a ride back up to Miami.

·
Premium Member
1,811 Posts
A few years ago I got a request in Coral Gables via Lyft. Pulled up, hit arrived and it showed the destination being Key West. Quickly cancelled and left as I knew I wouldn't be getting a ride back up to Miami.
i had sign in my car with if you plan on going out of town here is the expected tip amount up front in cash. Someone complained to me about it, And I stated, its not your car you dont pay anything for the gas or insurance. If Im a 100 miles out my insurance will not pay over 100 I have to pay so that what those amounts are payed on....

·
Premium Member
8,847 Posts
I believe Uber is going to kill itself in the food delivery 🚚 game by running off it driver’s.

No way I would deliver that and when I saw the pay drop last year I knew it was time to shift from Eats to X.
Grubhub sends much better offers, at least where I live. It is the only delivery app I am still running.

·
Super Moderator
8,826 Posts
Just wait and they will ping with tip only pay and when you deliver the food 🥘 the tip will be taken away and you will have done it for free while costing you time and gas.

Uber is preparing for the FTC to hit them hard, so they need to have us work for free.
Some of us have been saying since 2019 when Uber and DD went public that the handwriting is on the wall that some day driver delivery pay is heading for a $1 or $2 "pick up fee" and customer tips.

UE was the first to head in that direction. The pandemic in 20/21 kind of slowed that down but now clearly they are almost there.

DD is poised to be next. They are clearly slowly headed in that direction following UE. It's a race to the bottom for driver payouts. It won't stop until they've run out of drivers to replace all the ones leaving.

Why would they slowly kill the drivers pay when they charge upwards of 30% to restaurants? Because they are slowly shifting to justifying their fees to them as "marketing" and less emphasis on "delivery". Still, they need drivers and as long as they can keep finding them the pay will continue to head to the basement floor. It's all about profitability now and no longer about market share.

·
Premium Member
10,871 Posts
Some of us have been saying since 2019 when Uber and DD went public that the handwriting is on the wall that some day driver delivery pay is heading for a $1 or $2 "pick up fee" and customer tips.

UE was the first to head in that direction. The pandemic in 20/21 kind of slowed that down but now clearly they are almost there.

DD is poised to be next. They are clearly slowly headed in that direction following UE. It's a race to the bottom for driver payouts. It won't stop until they've run out of drivers to replace all the ones leaving.

Why would they slowly kill the drivers pay when they charge upwards of 30% to restaurants? Because they are slowly shifting to justifying their fees to them as "marketing" and less emphasis on "delivery". Still, they need drivers and as long as they can keep finding them the pay will continue to head to the basement floor. It's all about profitability now and no longer about market share.
Look at UE starting to do robot deliveries. They’re going to try to phase out drivers in most areas. Yet the robots won’t be able to deliver in harsh weather, like snow, because of malfunction, and they can’t do stairs. So they’re just screwing themselves by pushing drivers away.

No one should deliver these 3rd world pay orders.

·
Premium Member
1,459 Posts

I saw the trend last year with Uber and Dash has usually been low paying in Houston but they have gotten bad in College Station and Austin, so I have more or less been using Favor and if I need to Hub when doing food delivery.

It is insane how bad Uber and Dash have gotten but hey they will always have fresh meat until the Federal Government pulls the plug.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts