Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Maybe they'll work with a better established food delivery provider next time.
I've made deliveries for Pecan Lodge in the past using a non app based service. PL is too classy for Uber's way of doing things. Too bad they found that out the hard way.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Uber eats is a rip off for drivers. Anyone that does it gets what they deserve. It pays like trash you have smelly food in your car and hope it doesn't spill. The lazy ass customers expect you to deliver it inside when they know they are supposed to meet you outside. Good luck on tips they suck as bad as pax we haul for slave wages.

·
Registered
961 Posts
It's worse when you factor in you get to wait twice. Pick ups not ready and customer not there when you arrive. Good luck with the spills.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Uber eats is a rip off for drivers. Anyone that does it gets what they deserve. It pays like trash you have smelly food in your car and hope it doesn't spill. The lazy ass customers expect you to deliver it inside when they know they are supposed to meet you outside. Good luck on tips they suck as bad as pax we haul for slave wages.
Ive had mostly positive experiences and results with delivery.

The negatives u listed aren't really even issues. All the food is tightly boxed and bagged and also goes in a hot bag as well. I can't imagine spills being a problem, but if food managed to somehow leak through a box, plastic bag, and hot bag, a person could easily lay a towel on the seat for extra protection.

I haven't had to wait much either. Usually the item is ready when I arrive and many times I have multiple orders to pick up.

Most customers track my status while en route so they are aware when I arrive. Many even call or text to let me know gate codes, apt number, special instructions, etc. People are more proactive when they are hungry.

As far as pay, uber x pays 75 cents a mile and eats pays $1.20. I average about 4 deliveries an hour so I'm definitely making about $25 an hour. Most fares are between 5-10 miles so it adds up quickly. Plus I do get tips on occasion. Usually about $6 a night.

My car smells great. The food is bagged and inside the hot bag so the smell isn't that noticeable. But on my way home I drive with the windows down just to make sure.

I work 5-9 mon through Friday and 11am to 2 pm plus 5-9 on Sat and Sun. I've been making about $450 a week in fares and about $35 in tips.

I have driven one pax in the last 2 months.

·
Premium Member
2,389 Posts
As far as pay, uber x pays 75 cents a mile and eats pays $1.20. I average about 4 deliveries an hour so I'm definitely making about $25 an hour. Most fares are between 5-10 miles so it adds up quickly. Plus I do get tips on occasion. Usually about $6 a night.

I work 5-9 mon through Friday and 11am to 2 pm plus 5-9 on Sat and Sun. I've been making about $450 a week in fares and about $35 in tips.
Just to clarify/verify your numbers here.

You indicate you are working 34 hours/week (4 hours every weekday evening, Mon-Fri = 20 hours; plus 7 hours each weekend day = 14 hours).

If you are earning about $450/week, plus $50 in tips (being generous)... your hourly earnings are $14.71.

If you're like me, your evening/weekend hours are your own anyway, so the hourly rate isn't critical, but it's not quite $25/hour.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Just to clarify/verify your numbers here.

You indicate you are working 34 hours/week (4 hours every weekday evening, Mon-Fri = 20 hours; plus 7 hours each weekend day = 14 hours).

If you are earning about $450/week, plus $50 in tips (being generous)... your hourly earnings are $14.71.

If you're like me, your evening/weekend hours are your own anyway, so the hourly rate isn't critical, but it's not quite $25/hour.
Hours online don't always mean time driving. When I'm actively on trips I easily make 25...sometimes more, sometimes less. Sometimes during my work hours I'm sitting at home waiting for a ping. Also, I don't always work every day and sometimes I only work a couple of hours.

My weekly goal is $450. I don't always make it though cause sometimes I just don't feel like driving. Last week I made $376, but I didn't drive tue or Wed. I make a bulk of my money on the weekends obviously.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Maybe in North Atlanta. Every Uber driver i have talked to here in Dallas told me it sucked. ZERO INTEREST.
So your entire hatred for eats is based on other people's opinions? Interesting.

How can you validate your strong distaste for delivery without first hand experience?

But I bet you're a half glass empty type on a lot of things. I'm not knocking you or anything, but I think you are selling yourself short.

I like delivery because I don't have to deal with the awful pax that use uber. I also like that the delivery ratings are based on thumbs up or thumbs down and don't affect our normal ratings.

I have 513 lifetime trips and 134 5* out of 148 rated trips. My rating has been stuck at 4.87 for 2 months.

I didn't start taking a lot of trips each week until I started delivering. I think the anxiety of having pax in my car really hindered my willingness to go online.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Reversoul look into working at an actual food delivery place. Less miles, more money & they 1/2 your taxes.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Reversoul look into working at an actual food delivery place. Less miles, more money & they 1/2 your taxes.
I delivered pizzas for Papa Johns for 4 years. I hated it. I was the closing driver for most of that time. It's the only reason I got enough hours to make money.

They overstaff during peak times, then cut drivers accordingly. Some drivers would literally work for an hour.

·
Premium Member
2,389 Posts
I'm not sure what EATS pays here in Dallas, I think it may be a flat-rate for each delivery. Happy with DoorDash myself in the delivery realm.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
3 base and 1.30 a mile is a joke. Are you going to have any 20 mile runs delivering food at 1.30 a mile? No.
Not 20 miles, but many times 10 or more. Then when you factor in doubles it adds up quickly.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts