Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
Yep did 6 tonight during incentive hours. To be honest I found it more relaxing as the food doesn't complain. Some places parking can be a pain but tonight being Monday was fine.
Some people don't put in their apartment however most just wait out the front. The minimum fare is 9.20 after Uber's cut.
sporadic

loves it!

·
Premium Member
3,610 Posts
I only worked the incentive hours of 6-9pm. Did 15h worth last week and netted about $31/hour (pre-incentives). Less mileage too. No worries about surge or ratings, no idiot pax to deal with. If Eats came out earlier I'd be on my way to 500 trips and a 5* rating in no time :D

But daredevil like I said, PM me if you want to know the lowdown/strategies, especially if you're considering doing it.

I'm more than happy to give you guys the long surge trips. In exchange, I can potentially drive a lesser maintained/more ratty car (I admit that as a single guy I'm not too uptight about car cleanliness), avoid all kinds of strangers, and operate within a much smaller boundary (since Eats doesn't extend out to Zone 2 at all).

Good, keep doing it.

That why it's surging afternoon -:)

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I only worked the incentive hours of 6-9pm. Did 15h worth last week and netted about $31/hour (pre-incentives). Less mileage too. No worries about surge or ratings, no idiot pax to deal with. If Eats came out earlier I'd be on my way to 500 trips and a 5* rating in no time :D

But daredevil like I said, PM me if you want to know the lowdown/strategies, especially if you're considering doing it.

I'm more than happy to give you guys the long surge trips. In exchange, I can potentially drive a lesser maintained/more ratty car (I admit that as a single guy I'm not too uptight about car cleanliness), avoid all kinds of strangers, and operate within a much smaller boundary (since Eats doesn't extend out to Zone 2 at all).
Sounds like its much more chill than uberx and around the same pay. I sent ya a pm happy to hear more about it.

Thinking of doing it while the incentive lasts.

·
Premium Member
3,610 Posts
Way definitely! But less mileage for sure. Banked about $440 on 3/4 tank petrol (300km total distance including dead mileage to and from home while driving a Focus, not as fuel efficient as a Corolla).

While others were killing it on the surge last rainy Thursday... I was quietly raking it in on the Eats :D

Replied your PM already. Exciting times to experiment!

Sounds like its much more chill than uberx and around the same pay. I sent ya a pm happy to hear more about it.

Thinking of doing it while the incentive lasts.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hi all.
I too find that Eats are a much better deal. I only Uber on Friday, Sat and Sun. I do numerous eats and find it more rewarding as the minimum earnings is more often than not double the minimum for a UberX for a less mileage. There are multiple times I have picked food and walked 100m or so to deliver to someone's door while my car is still parked. NB: I stay away from the CBD. Also, I switch to eats as soon as I go online and do not do any more driving after the eats period - around 9:30p.m

·
Registered
144 Posts
And also to add, note that all incentives on Eats (or X) are GST-free. So when you meet the 90% acceptance rate (and from yesterday LOL the less than 10% cancellation rate) all the multiples of $15 for each completed Eats trip when you made more than 10 trips would be GST free.
As of yesterday though the incentive is down to only $7 gross and as noted you are also subject to a <10% cancellation rate.

·
Premium Member
5,524 Posts
And also to add, note that all incentives on Eats (or X) are GST-free. So when you meet the 90% acceptance rate (and from yesterday LOL the less than 10% cancellation rate) all the multiples of $15 for each completed Eats trip when you made more than 10 trips would be GST free.
As of yesterday though the incentive is down to only $7 gross and as noted you are also subject to a <10% cancellation rate.
Wow ! So we can make few dollar GST free cool. I'm running to register now

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
You actually are required to pay gst on eats.
Once registered for GST you cannot split the eats and non eats fares.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Correct. However, I noted *incentives*. ATO does not require you to pay any GST on that.
These are the ATO statements:
" If you receive a bonus or top-up payment from an overseas facilitator the service you are providing is not consumed in Australia and is GST-free."
and
  • operating during certain times, such as peak hours for which you receive a top-up payment from the facilitator - the top-up payment is not part of the fare and is in addition to the fare paid by the passenger.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Way definitely! But less mileage for sure. Banked about $440 on 3/4 tank petrol (300km total distance including dead mileage to and from home while driving a Focus, not as fuel efficient as a Corolla).

While others were killing it on the surge last rainy Thursday... I was quietly raking it in on the Eats :D

Replied your PM already. Exciting times to experiment!
Could you share your UberEats strategy? thanks

1 - 17 of 17 Posts