Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i thought i read that Eats was a curbside pickup, the first day of it went well but yesterday everyone wanted me to find them and bring it right to the door. I emailed uber and was told it is door to door service, if that is the case (without tips), that is a deal breaker.

Also, we are unable to rate the customers? Are they rating us?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Okay so.... This program is obviously geared towards kids (19+) with shitty cars (1996 or newer). Door-to-door service should come with expectations of a tip, curb-side is questionable. UberX drivers who miss out on multiple fares to deliver someone lunch and waste 30 minutes trying to find them are really screwing themselves. I was told by one customer that the were reminded "no need to tip" by the restaurant.

Additionally, drivers are rated by the customers while drivers are unable to rate the restaurant nor the customer.

Lose, Lose, Lose.

·
Premium Member
1,755 Posts
Okay so.... This program is obviously geared towards kids (19+) with shitty cars (1996 or newer). Door-to-door service should come with expectations of a tip, curb-side is questionable. UberX drivers who miss out on multiple fares to deliver someone lunch and waste 30 minutes trying to find them are really screwing themselves. I was told by one customer that the were reminded "no need to tip" by the restaurant.

Additionally, drivers are rated by the customers while drivers are unable to rate the restaurant nor the customer.

Lose, Lose, Lose.
Other threads tell of horror stories of driving 10 minutes to restaurant, waiting 20 minutes to get food, and finally 10 minute drive to customer for less than $5. No thank you. Now uber is destroying food delivery. Next the pizza delivery guys will strike.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Other threads tell of horror stories of driving 10 minutes to restaurant, waiting 20 minutes to get food, and finally 10 minute drive to customer for less than $5. No thank you. Now uber is destroying food delivery. Next the pizza delivery guys will strike.
Yep.. I tried doordash a couple times and it was the same thing. Definitely not worth it and that was even with an app that had built in tipping option that defaulted to 15 percent... No thank you.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Might be a decent gig for a 19 year old with nothing else to do. Everyone of the requirements for being an uber driver is lower than that of UBERx (including insurance costs). Doing UBER eats if you are doing UBERx is a bad idea.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts