Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

· Premium Member
1,415 Posts
driver ratings dont matter to them...you can be a 4.99 rated driver and be deactivated today!...my rule is no contact ever with them...if you have a bad paxhole be the first to complain and hit the paxhole with every complaint possible on your phone...but no phone calls to support...i think they keep a running total of calls and legit or not if you bother them too many times you are done...i want people to wear masks but i never look once they are in the vehicle...avoid comfrontations at All COSTS....unfort the paxhole's hold most of the cards...i dont like it but its reality
No calls, Rohit does not want to be disturbed while at work.

· Premium Member
8,220 Posts
You are allowed to cancel and select "no mask" with no threat of being rated by the customer. Now if you're an idiot you annoy the customer before the ride starts about not wearing a mask and then you still give them a ride and then they 1 Star you for bothering about the mask. In that situation you will eventually get deactivated.
That doesn't mean you cannot get rematched with them however. I'd rather just grab their cash and never see them again.

· Premium Member
1,274 Posts
I think you should get a partition for those riders who like to pull down their masks, it'll give you an extra layer of protection. I've had a few occasions when customers want me to go past the lobby and the pay isn't that great say like $8, I call them and tell them since the pandemic started I'm afraid of going into enclosed places I'd rather drop off your order at the lobby, none have ever complained nor lowered their tips, now if it's a really big tip I do go past the lobby but that is just me, good luck.

· Premium Member
1,867 Posts
Uber "rules" say you have to do one thing, but then Uber deactivates you for following the "rule". The true rule is not to do that which gets you deactivated.

That's why I always allow passengers to ride without masks on. Roughly half of my passengers do not have a mask. Uber rules say masks are required, but I would be deactivated by Uber in a week if I forced the issue by coercing their customers into compliance with their own rules.
Wow my dear brother @Trafficat! That's an awful lot of people! That you don't require to wear masks. ! But I do very much understand why you do that. Uber can disconnect you from the app permanently with just the stroke of a keypad.

· Premium Member
9,891 Posts
Yes did that..:got highest level of support.

View attachment 534289
Things appear to be different in Canada because here in the US, fired drivers aren't offered the option to "escalate this to our legal team". Uber simply tells fired US drivers to get lost.

Uber "rules" say you have to do one thing, but then Uber deactivates you for following the "rule". The true rule is not to do that which gets you deactivated.

That's why I always allow passengers to ride without masks on. Roughly half of my passengers do not have a mask. Uber rules say masks are required, but I would be deactivated by Uber in a week if I forced the issue by coercing their customers into compliance with their own rules.
You're reasoning for allowing pax to go maskless is rediculous, unless you happen to be anti-mask anyway.

All you have to do is not allow maskless pax into your car. If they show any type of negative attitude whatsoever, you cancel and drive off, or shuflle if you so choose.

· Premium Member
1,804 Posts
Yes did that..:got highest level of support.

View attachment 534289
Since I delete the Uber, I want to purge my bad memory of anything Ubberish. I know I can refer good driver to DD and get Bonus. Ditch the Uber riders that spread the Virus. The first death in China, I mean republic of China is an Uber-like driver. It's real lethal virus. I was hoping one day, DD will take over all the marketshare in the RS from Uber and Lyft legally. I enjoy doing DD than the inhuman treatment of Uber.

· Premium Member
3,085 Posts
Uber probably deactivates some drivers just because they have become an inconvenience. Such as tying up a lot of phone time with service reps. Uber wants us quietly making them money, that's all. Do that and you won't get deactivated. Until, of course, you get your third false complaint from a rider just looking for a free ride.

· Premium Member
16,144 Posts
Uber simply decided to end their partnership with you and no longer to contract any more business with you. Too many angry UE customers were typing up too many long essay reports about how they had to drag themselves from their room and get the food from the lobby and Uber simply got sick of it.

A lot of their rules are in place so they can back-peddle up $h!t creek when "it" hits the fan. Leaving the driver high and dry but for all intent and purposes Uber expect every single one of their "partners" to bend over backwards providing 5 star service to their customers. It a don't ask don't tell and don't get caught policy. You are damn if you do and damn if you don't and it that catch 22 where only Uber wins.

Been a lot of better drivers that haven't done a single thing to their customers and quite an outstanding bloke been deactivated perm over false accusation by the customer. That has always done what Uber wanted and bend over backwards for them and their customers and still getting their contracts terminated. Why? Customers always right. In this gig anyone can be deactivated at anytime by Uber doesn't matter if that driver is the god of all drivers or a regular joe bloke driver. Uber doesn't care and never have cared.

Everyone one here have already said several times on how to save ur neck and reduce the chances of that contract been terminated. Keep ur head down and stay under the radar and hope that you never get that false complaint that ends you. If not you are not going to see the next 4500 trips either. In my opinion though <5000 is a greenhorn. Got so much more to learn and by what I see in this thread.

· Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Uber simply decided to end their partnership with you and no longer to contract any more business with you. Too many angry UE customers were typing up too many long essay reports about how they had to drag themselves from their room and get the food from the lobby and Uber simply got sick of it.

A lot of their rules are in place so they can back-peddle up $h!t creek when "it" hits the fan. Leaving the driver high and dry but for all intent and purposes Uber expect every single one of their "partners" to bend over backwards providing 5 star service to their customers. It a don't ask don't tell and don't get caught policy. You are damn if you do and damn if you don't and it that catch 22 where only Uber wins.

Been a lot of better drivers that haven't done a single thing to their customers and quite an outstanding bloke been deactivated perm over false accusation by the customer. That has always done what Uber wanted and bend over backwards for them and their customers and still getting their contracts terminated. Why? Customers always right. In this gig anyone can be deactivated at anytime by Uber doesn't matter if that driver is the god of all drivers or a regular joe bloke driver. Uber doesn't care and never have cared.

Everyone one here have already said several times on how to save ur neck and reduce the chances of that contract been terminated. Keep ur head down and stay under the radar and hope that you never get that false complaint that ends you. If not you are not going to see the next 4500 trips either. In my opinion though <5000 is a greenhorn. Got so much more to learn and by what I see in this thread.
Thank God I have other options. Uber is a shit company pretending to do good things with all those phony e-mails they send out.&#128078;&#128078;&#128078;

· Premium Member
3,144 Posts
Absolutely, these customers were used to drivers hitting buzzer and delivering to floor. To your other point please see my other post on my number of deliveries, thumbs up and down and tips which far outnumbered all 48 ratings. It was a very small sample. For instance on the driver side i am a 4.91 over 4500 rides. But same thing has happened on rating with PAX...ask them to wear mask properly and they rate a 1! My rating has gone from 4.97 to 4.91. Sorry if I insult any of you but I cannot afford to take any chances at my age with a Type 1 Diabetic University Student who has come home to do his courses online and an 85 year old Mother I visit in a Retirement Home.
Dara is woke to everything but his workers

· Premium Member
74,085 Posts
Uber Eats deactivated me after only 140 deliveries and an 84% ratings with 40 thumbs up and 8 thumbs down. Thumbs down were from not going further than lobby to drop off..:would politely call and customers would get mad in really crappy area of Toronto. My driver rating is 4.91 after 4500 rides.
20% of customers
Say you no good !

Exactly why Covid has spread! I do not go up elevators and Uber should support it own rules . Rating system is bullshit.
Most elevators have hand sanitizer by the buttons now at the ground floor.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.