Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Uber Eats deactivated me after only 140 deliveries and an 84% ratings with 40 thumbs up and 8 thumbs down. Thumbs down were from not going further than lobby to drop off..:would politely call and customers would get mad in really crappy area of Toronto. My driver rating is 4.91 after 4500 rides.

·
Premium Member
8,859 Posts
Not during Covid...we are in lockdown. Uber rules state customer must come down and meet in lobby dummy!
Uber "rules" say you have to do one thing, but then Uber deactivates you for following the "rule". The true rule is not to do that which gets you deactivated.

That's why I always allow passengers to ride without masks on. Roughly half of my passengers do not have a mask. Uber rules say masks are required, but I would be deactivated by Uber in a week if I forced the issue by coercing their customers into compliance with their own rules.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not during Covid...we are in lockdown. Uber rules state customer must come down and meet in lobby.
Uber "rules" say you have to do one thing, but then Uber deactivates you for following the "rule". The true rule is not to do that which gets you deactivated.

That's why I always allow passengers to ride without masks on. Roughly half of my passengers do not have a mask. Uber rules say masks are required, but I would be deactivated by Uber in a week if I forced the issue by coercing their customers into compliance with their own rules.
Exactly why Covid has spread! I do not go up elevators and Uber should support it own rules . Rating system is bullshit.

·
Premium Member
8,043 Posts
Exactly.

It's an algorithmic game, and your one job is to fly under the radar screen.

No mask, OK, I'll drive you, then one star you with no reason shown, so I don't see your pings again.

·
Premium Member
3,356 Posts
Yes did that..:got highest level of support.

View attachment 534289
They gave you a link to get legal team if you wish to argue with Uber in court.
Legal team is not a place you discuss the matter with.
I suggest you negotiate with the one who sent you this message.
Like It happened because I exactly followed Uber's rules.
Give me one moth as second chance. I will follow what UberEats customer's want. And then you reelevate me. how is that?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I do not think I made myself clear. I do not want to put myself at risk so I am not willing to go beyond the lobby. The rules state exactly that, so I would expect Uber to not allow this crazy rating system to alow bad ratings for following Ubers own rules. I sent them a dashcam of a rider not wearing a mask to prove that riders will just lie and give you a bad rating if you politely ask them to wear it over their nose.

·
Premium Member
17,505 Posts
I sent them a dashcam of a rider not
um, now confused. Your title suggests UE deactivated you. Now you mention a pax not wearing a mask.

FYI as a policy Uber doesn't accept vid cam footage.

Reactions: Wildgoose

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
um, now confused. Your title suggests UE deactivated you. Now you mention a pax not wearing a mask.

FYI as a policy Uber doesn't accept vid cam footage.
I am talking about two issues....I am a Diamond 4500 trip driver with a 4.91 rating..:was 4.97 before Covid and mask issue.

FYI ...yes they do. I sent it through Dropbox.

·
Premium Member
17,505 Posts
FYI ...yes they do. I sent it through Dropbox.
yes, it has be posted here you can tell when a video link has been 'watched', but as noted as a policy Uber does not accept or request them; also as posted here a kazzion times.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I decided to try out Uber Eats because we are in Lockdown in Greater Toronto Area. So had 140 deliveries with more tips than Thumbs up and pointed this out to these Uber Special teams IDIOTS! 40 Thumbs up...8 Thumbs down. 84% rating. SO many happy customers who tipped did not rate and they will not take that into account upon appeal. WTF????

🥸 Let's some math....
🤓 Yep! that's some shitty numbers fo' sure!
Yes and those Thumbs down were all in one night in a very low income shitty area of Toronto. Ubered a PAX down from my town outside TO and it got really busy with Uber Eats. Unfortunately I was in a highrise area and was new to Uber Eats or I would have turned off deliveries. Those Thumbs down were all from mad customers for simply asking them to come down to the lobby!

·
Premium Member
17,505 Posts
Those Thumbs down were all from mad customers for simply asking them to come down to the lobby!
wondering if those were longtime paying customers where their orders prior to yours were delivered to their door? I mean, it's possible and I include the period since March since many many paying customers order on a very regular schedule.

OR there is more to this story? The 84% seems to be a hint.

Otherwise, easy in to a gig, easy out. They are related.

Reactions: Wildgoose
1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.