Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was doing uber eats earlier it was pouring down rain could barly see the cars in front of me did 6 eats delivers none tipped not even a buck atleast I'm getting soaked going to get you your food and you come to the door and see me soaked because you were hungry and didnt want to cook or get your cheap ass wet a tip would have been nice I'm not asking for you to break your bank account on my tip but at least 5 bucks to say thank you for driving in these ****ed up conditions and getting soaked to bring me my food smh gotta love this shit i may complian about shit but i like doing it bc if I didnt I would be at a different job I'm done venting

·
Banned
23 Posts
If that's really the case & would be mind boggling don't do eats.

It's been 20+ years since I did pizza delivery it was $6 an hour+ miles but a free pizza & 90+% tipped least 5 bucks easily made $15-20 an hour with tips, if no one tipped I would of quit 1st week.

Don't think I ever used benefits but did have them+ social security credits.

Just stop easy peezy

·
Registered
337 Posts
It's not that they are cheap . Believe it or not a lot of them don't even have the tipping option available . Uber is a ****ing piece of shit company that will pay. The wors
Was doing uber eats earlier it was pouring down rain could barly see the cars in front of me did 6 eats delivers none tipped not even a buck atleast I'm getting soaked going to get you your food and you come to the door and see me soaked because you were hungry and didnt want to cook or get your cheap ass wet a tip would have been nice I'm not asking for you to break your bank account on my tip but at least 5 bucks to say thank you for driving in these &%[email protected]!*ed up conditions and getting soaked to bring me my food smh gotta love this shit i may complian about shit but i like doing it bc if I didnt I would be at a different job I'm done venting
its not the customers !

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
No one should be delivering food for Uber Eats if tips aren't a regular, consistent thing.

Anyone ordering through Uber Eats who doesn't tip is a freaking cheap, horrendous human being who deserves to have their food spit in OR WORSE.

STOP DELIVERING THROUGH UBER EATS!! That's the only way this problem will stop. Stop delivering through UE!

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
I used to do X + Eats. Back then, there wasn’t an option to split up X or Eats. And Eats customers rarely tipped in Australia, though there were higher pay rates.

During rainy days with high X demand, I would ignore all Eats pings and take the next surging X ping, lol. While I would keep getting kicked offline for ignoring 10+ Eats pings 20 min away, the most ridiculous I saw was 25 min.

Back then also, ignore 3 pings and you would get put in timeout for 2 min. It then became an ignore 2, cancel 1 to cycle through 9 pings before gettig timed out. The way the algorithm was written, though, all available X drivers were getting locked out by refusing to take those Eats pings and it would surge 3x... #thosewerethedays

·
Registered
892 Posts
6 deliveries and no tip? Try doing 24 consecutive deliveries and receiving no tip.

Amongst the many explanations:

“I thought the tip was included.”
“You’re just bringing the food to me. It’s not like you make it.”
“Why should I tip when I already pay a delivery fee?”

·
Super Moderator
8,659 Posts
A long time ago I tried delivering Pizza as a side job. Although almost every customer tipped the tips weren't very good. Also if there were no deliveries the owner made you work cleaning up or folding pizza boxes, etc.. Then tried delivering Chinese Food for a very busy place. For whatever reason I found Chinese Food deliveries got much better tips. My main point however, is when we did a Chinese food delivery and the customer didn't tip we told the owner and the owner's wife would call them and tell them no more delivery for you if you won't tip the driver! I took that for granted back then but looking back what a great couple to deliver food for. If every place did that you would get close to 100% tips on deliveries.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
I got tipped about 30% of the time when Eats was new. Now it's about 10% of the time, if that. I only do it occasionally now, like when I have to be somewhere soon, and don't want a longer ride.

·
Premium Member
26,817 Posts
didnt want to cook or get your cheap ass wet a tip would have been nice I'm not asking for you to break your bank account on my tip but at least 5 bucks to say thank
Just before Uber Eats launched here, Uber sent me several e-Mails encouraging me to sign up for it. I read it and read what Uber was telling the customers. One thing that stood out was "tipping not necessary". One thing that stood out in the driver information was that you were expected to schlepp the order to the door. I am supposed to schlepp something to a walk-up on the fourth floor for no tip? .....not going to do it; wouldn't be prudent at this juncture........

To this day, I will not do Uber Eats. You get a delivery from a restaurant where there is no parking, so either you risk a summons or must pay to park. If you park far from the restaurant, you waste time in walking to it. The restaurant almost always keeps you waiting, for which Uber does not pay you. Finally, you get the order. You take it to the address. There is no parking there, so you must risk a summons, pay for parking, or park far away and waste time walking to the address and schlepping the order to the door. All of this for a rate that is too low and no tip. I am not interested.

Uber could fix that by simply adding a tip line in the ordering app.
..........which most people would ignore, anyhow...........................................

No one should be delivering food for Uber Eats if tips aren't a regular, consistent thing.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

1 - 20 of 80 Posts