Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am doing Eats in Chicago. What happens when I pick up the order and take a longer route to the customer?

Do they pay me for the additional mile and time?

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
I am doing Eats in Chicago. What happens when I pick up the order and take a longer route to the customer?

Do they pay me for the additional mile and time?
Why not?!? You are paid by the mile and time, uber is going to send you so they make more. Do the best for you

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
I only do Eats when I really need pings or after the morningrush ends. I primarily drive DuPage and NW Cook in the morning and Eats can have some surprising tips. If you are logged onto Eats treat it like pool and be more selective.

With $1 coffee and clean bathrooms McDonald's are a great break spot with a chance of a ping. If you use that option make sure you don't automatically connect to their wifi because it may cause you to miss pings.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
No, Ubereats pay doesn't work that way. View attachment 228455
Ups.... this sucks, no more Z's and C's.... at least for delivery. If they go by the most efficient bla bla bla why not give you a delivery with the upfront amount you are going to make. I hope they are not passing this to the rideshare side..... then we have a problem

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I got the answer. You are paid by time so longer you go the better the pay.

I drive slow and when i get to the restaurant i tap pick up order even if its not ready. That way you get paid for waiting.

I have to check the mls now.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
I got the answer. You are paid by time so longer you go the better the pay.

I drive slow and when i get to the restaurant i tap pick up order even if its not ready. That way you get paid for waiting.

I have to check the mls now.
Brilliant mind !
Drive slow to collect ...15c per min !

·
Premium Member
13,238 Posts
Really? The only thing I have ever put in that bag they sent me is the beer I'm driving Uber to buy. Probably keeps the food nice and hot because it keeps the beer nice and cold.
"Keeps hot stuff hot, and cold stuff cold? How does it know?"

Doing Uber Eat is a waste of time especially in chicago. Pax don't tip and you will be rewarded with parking tickets.
It might not be so bad in some neighborhoods where there is street parking, but never would do it DT or like, lincoln park. It works pretty well in the burbs so long as everyone's got their pants on.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts