Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I've just signed up for Uber Eats (doing it until the govt. sorts out my license for UberX).

Is anyone able to let me know some decent hotspots in Brisbane for someone who delivers via car?

Any help would be much appreciated!

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Inner-city can be difficult in a car but is doable. if your new and only doing in for a short while I would just avoid the city. Best to stick to the surrounding suburbs in your area.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone I hope everyone is safe, however I have some questions that im hoping someone will have answers to.

I am applying for a BHSL
(booked hire service licence) on the tmr website because im using my partners car and yes I have filled out the registered operator consent form however,

In the application I am having issues with two of the mandatory fields. I've selected CTP class 26 motor vehicles and as for the purpose of use I selected booked hire and as a result the CTP class i selected is not correct for the vehicles purpose of use.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,266 Posts
Eats really not worth it man

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Eats really not worth it man
Did an Eats pick up a couple of Saturday nights ago,

Guzmen Chermside to Kedron. Almost at the Customers address in Kedron. I recieve a phone call from the customer. He has put in the wrong address but lives around the "Corner" if i could drop it off to him? I said fine send me your address. New Address is Bracken Ridge. Recieved $8.18 from Chermside to Kedron (2.98 Km) and from kedron to Braken Ridge 10.8Km I recieved $3.03 from Uber.

Not even a freaking thankyou or tip from customer..... Never again for change of address unless it is in the same direction of travel....

20200522_102719.jpg
Screenshot_20200522-093418_Uber Driver.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,266 Posts
Did an Eats pick up a couple of Saturday nights ago,

Guzmen Chermside to Kedron. Almost at the Customers address in Kedron. I recieve a phone call from the customer. He has put in the wrong address but lives around the "Corner" if i could drop it off to him? I said fine send me your address. New Address is Bracken Ridge. Recieved $8.18 from Chermside to Kedron (2.98 Km) and from kedron to Braken Ridge 10.8Km I recieved $3.03 from Uber.

Not even a freaking thankyou or tip from customer..... Never again for change of address unless it is in the same direction of travel....

View attachment 464791 View attachment 464792
Customer scammed you as he was not in catchment area for that particular restaurant. If it happens again don't it! Go to original destination only then select customer not at address, you'll get some free food & the customer will never do it again.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Customer scammed you as he was not in catchment area for that particular restaurant. If it happens again don't it! Go to original destination only then select customer not at address, you'll get some free food & the customer will never do it again.
Interesting, I never thought of it like that. I've probably had 3 customers do that now and I've always agreed to go to the other address. The real issue is the customer should be able to change the delivery address after they have submitted the order and then like UberX, there would be a fare adjustment. Currently, I'm only doing Uber Eats, as its always busy, from 11am to 7pm. I agree, the money isn't great, but it pays some bills, so I'm cool with that. The other advantage is food is easy compared to customers and I can listen to what ever I like! Lol.. good luck out there ants! Things are slowly getting back to normal!

·
Premium Member
1,497 Posts
Beep is right it is an exploit used by customers ... they deliberatly put in a fake address and ask you to go to the new address not in the catchment area for that restaurant ... The customers don't care if the drivers lose money and Uber don't care either. If this happens again do as Beep says get a free meal :)

·
Premium Member
10,708 Posts
Interesting, I never thought of it like that. I've probably had 3 customers do that now and I've always agreed to go to the other address. The real issue is the customer should be able to change the delivery address after they have submitted the order and then like UberX, there would be a fare adjustment. Currently, I'm only doing Uber Eats, as its always busy, from 11am to 7pm. I agree, the money isn't great, but it pays some bills, so I'm cool with that. The other advantage is food is easy compared to customers and I can listen to what ever I like! Lol.. good luck out there ants! Things are slowly getting back to normal!
In these circumstances, I've put in a fare adjustment request and Uber has always paid the correct additional amount.

Here's one of their replies:

Hi Jack,

We appreciate you for going the extra mile to deliver the order.

We have reviewed the trip and we've successfully added $9.33 miscellaneous payment on top of your fare ($7.09 for the additional fare and $2.24 for the additional boost) based on the extra distance to the changed delivery address and to complete the 9.4 kilometers that you travelled.

This amount will be updated on your next pay statement.

Thanks for your understanding.

·
Registered
24 Posts
In these circumstances, I've put in a fare adjustment request and Uber has always paid the correct additional amount.

Hi Jack,

We have reviewed the trip and we've successfully added $9.33 miscellaneous payment on top of your fare ($7.09 for the additional fare and $2.24 for the additional boost) based on the extra distance to the changed delivery address and to complete the 9.4 kilometers that you travelled.

Thanks. Would be a lot better if the customer could change the address, if it was genuinely incorrect on the order. Anyway.. cheers!

·
Premium Member
85 Posts

Hi Jack,

Yes, but in my circumstances, who pays for the extra 6km I drove?

·
Premium Member
4,266 Posts
Eats pays nothing, it's pretty much charity work, for real!

Only money is in UberXL or long trips with UberX & Comfort, everything else is pretty much no profit at all...

·
Premium Member
4,266 Posts
I'd go back to Uber (again) and ask them to pay for the additional six unpaid kilometres. They have always paid me the actual distance travelled in this kind of case.
Eats is like 90c a kilometre, stuff all

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
I agree with beep you should do this in future,free food for our difficult times 😂
Btw I don't do eats myself,and also i have stopped using eats for myself because the quality of food is horrendous ,in winter i even had melted ice cream,but i have always thumbs up 👍 for the driver and tipped every single one of them,the restraunts are the poor performers and the consumer is then upset with the driver which is wrong.

·
Premium Member
5,812 Posts
I agree with beep you should do this in future,free food for our difficult times 😂
Btw I don't do eats myself,and also i have stopped using eats for myself because the quality of food is horrendous ,in winter i even had melted ice cream,but i have always thumbs up 👍 for the driver and tipped every single one of them,the restraunts are the poor performers and the consumer is then upset with the driver which is wrong.
Wrenn I've been meaning to ask , your avatar , the dog ok golden retriever, but the car is not a clubman or lotus , is it a special , ever take it to Morgan Park Warwick,

·
Premium Member
5,812 Posts
Wrenn I've been meaning to ask , your avatar , the dog ok golden retriever, but the car is not a clubman or lotus , is it a special , ever take it to Morgan Park Warwick,
Addition my brother tells me it's a NSW car Australian built ,been around a long time , and races in the Historic class and is sometimes, up at Morgan Park , my brother races 1 Austin Healy sprite black no23 and a mk11, also the lightweight midget Green no9 raced by Brian Folly and John French very Historic car . :smiles:

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
Addition my brother tells me it's a NSW car Australian built ,been around a long time , and races in the Historic class and is sometimes, up at Morgan Park , my brother races 1 Austin Healy sprite black no23 and a mk11, also the lightweight midget Green no9 raced by Brian Folly and John French very Historic car . :smiles:
Nothing special i just googled car and dog avatar my dog likes riding in cars especially my uber car but not during covid ;i got 2 other cars in the meantime 😂

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.