Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That's Me. My practice is to tip $5 (and more if I know the driver was stuck in a lot of traffic.) I also always wait for the driver at the front door of the building. I never expect them to buzz in and come to my apartment door. I will stiff the **** out of you, however, if you arrive, sit in your car, and call me to come out into the street to get my food. Perhaps I'm wrong.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I thought with eats you're suppose to meet the driver at the curb?

Doesn't matter to me as I don't drive it and I don't order food that's been sitting in a car for a few hours
No food sits in a car for a few hours. Is it it possible you don't know how it works?

·
Registered
291 Posts
LOL if you think going to the door gets you tips. 99% of Uber Eats customers do not tip regardless.

Anyway, the speed and efficiency of Uber Eats kind of makes up for the no tipping bullsh!t. I can occasionally get up to 4 deliveries done in one hour with stacking, because the food is(usually) waiting for me when I get to the business, and the customer has to come to my car to receive instead of me climbing 6 flights of stairs in an elevator-less West side condo. It blows away Postmates in terms of how many orders you can rip in a shift.

Downside is, you can only really make good money 4 hours a night with the Eats multipliers, and they cut it every week lower and lower. The good money dried up a couple months ago, when I was making 2x for up to 8 hours a day.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Also literally a few lines up from that entry, you find this beauty, which is why I don't give a damn about bringing your food to the door. You wanna shortchange me on tips, that's cool, come down here and pick it up yourself in exchange.

Do I need to tip my courier?

There's no need to tip your courier, and as with all Uber products, you've also got the ability to rate your experience.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The official FAQ, for starters: https://ubereats.com/la/faq/

Will my courier bring the meal to my door or inside my office?
At this time we ask that you meet your courier curbside for a smooth delivery.
Thank you. I suppose one should take all the advice in total, and I should be meeting at the curb, but not tipping. Those drivers who walk the extra 20 feet to the front of the building are going above and beyond, and will get a tip. Fair enough.

·
Registered
291 Posts
It all depends on the person. I got two consecutive tips last night from people basically reaching into my car to get their order, they didn't even think about it, just shoved the money in my face. These kind of people are wired to tip no matter what, they would leave you 15% even if you were having a bad day. If you're not, that's cool. Us Eats drivers expect nothing so we are never surprised when we don't get tipped :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
The issue is parking usually.....to find a spot to park and not get a ticket in some areas is tough.....specially in the beach cities.

Regarding tipping, it is not required but it is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I'm crying. Back when I drove cab, I won't turn on my engine for anything less than $5. And that gets you to the next block. For less than $5, Uber drivers have to pick-up the food, drive it, and hand it to the passenger. I'm really hoping that you guys get paid more than $4.99 and that better be money that goes into your pocket, too?

1 - 20 of 73 Posts