Uber Drivers Forum banner

Uber Eats’ Revenge

UberEats 
5K views 26 replies 15 participants last post by  Doowop 
#1 ·
This has happened several times. After declining several lowball UE orders in a row, all of a sudden I get a really good paying order on a short trip. But when I get to the restaurant there’s a problem. The restaurant is closed, or another driver already got the order. Do you think this is just a coincidence? Or is Uber trying to punish me?

#2 ·
Believe me, the algorithm only can punish you by pushing you further back into the queue when it comes to declining orders. It’s purely coincidental that the restaurant was closed and/or another driver picked up the order. I’ve had that happen where a ping comes in, and then I accept the trip, and arrive at the restaurant, and another driver already picked it up. Uber sometimes sends out the same ping to multiple drivers, which has been discussed on here before.

#3 ·
Every time a driver cancels an order because the restaurant is closed and does not call support the order goes out to another driver and a little more money is added to it to try and get a driver to pick it up.

I have never received a request where another driver has picked it up. I'm guessing that happens when a driver is trying to score a free meal.

#4 ·
As stated when drivers cancel the order and do not call support it ping to another driver.

A few weeks back at a Restaurant I arrived to get the order and the restaurant was about to close ( one of those breakfast and brunch places that closes at three in the afternoon ) and I was told the customer had cancelled the order because the other driver took more than thirty minutes to arrive, and I was the second driver within minutes, so I called Uber Support and had them cancelled the order and got that whopping three dollar trip pay...

So the moral of this is if you get an order and it is cancelled or the restaurant is closed then call Uber and have them cancel the order so it will not ping someone like you or I!

#13 ·
It could be a combination that the algorithm is trying to punish you and coincidental. Like others noted, I had orders where restaurant was closed and other drivers didn’t notify Uber, so I’d call in. That happened more on holidays like Thanksgiving for me. So I just started calling restaurants before I even drove to them to make sure they were open.

But I’ve also been punished by the algorithm, so I don’t doubt it could happen. This is Uber we’re talking about, the company with no moral compass, so anything is possible.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.