Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you actually get the boost? I had 2.0 on my app for a certain time period. It said you can see marked areas on the map that will allow you to get the boost. There are no marked areas on my map except for normal surge? Do you know what markings uber is talking about? I did a couple of pickups during the boost and I was paid normal price. Will the trips be boosted at the end of the payweek or should I see the boost as soon as I drop the person off?

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
How do you actually get the boost? I had 2.0 on my app for a certain time period. It said you can see marked areas on the map that will allow you to get the boost. There are no marked areas on my map except for normal surge? Do you know what markings uber is talking about? I did a couple of pickups during the boost and I was paid normal price. Will the trips be boosted at the end of the payweek or should I see the boost as soon as I drop the person off?
Over the weekend the 2.0 and other promotions only occurred at the PGA Championship in Springfield, NJ. It was clearly marked in red outline on the map, you had to scroll around to the Springfield area to see it. If you did not pick up in that area then you were not going to get the guarantee. Uber's text message made it sound like everyone would get the surge no matter where you were, but you had to open up the app and see the promotions they are offering and then that is where they specified the PGA Championship. Very misleading if you just rely on the text message.

·
Premium Member
4,826 Posts
Would have looked similar to this. You would have had to pickup in the area your boost was offered like the other guy said above.

Ecoregion Map World Font Line

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
I'm a northern New Jersey driver and drive Bergen, Passaic, Essex and Hudson. A month or so ago I got a 2.0 earnings boost notification for that evening. That evening, I started to get the Uber text blasts about the boost. So I was about to grind out what I thought would be 2.0 rides... Thankfully I found the email from Uber before I went out. It was for Citizens Bank Ballpark area in Philadelphia only. I did a drop off at PHL once, other than that I never drive there. Lesson learned... Just another Uber trick to get me out there driving Uberpoop during busy hours. No thank you, no Uberpoop or Lyft Slyme for me.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Any promo uber offers, you better make sure to read the fine print, uber is one of the most deceptive corporation that i've ever known.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
lol i still am baffled that they dont just raise the rates instead of trying to set up all sorts of gimmicks.
We all wonder about this, but then you open up the rider app and see a bunch of cars available and then understand why Uber doesn't raise rates, and only a matter of time when they drop rates again.

Any promo uber offers, you better make sure to read the fine print, uber is one of the most deceptive corporation that i've ever known.
That's if there is fine print. Sometimes you just see the 1.5x and get excited and have to wait hours before you find out where that promotion is for, and they don't put it in the app but rather text and if you have the text feature turned off, well then guess what, you have no idea, deceptive is not the word I would use.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anybody take a screen shot of the red outline for the PGA tour. for July 30-31?
Uber is telling me I didn't pick passenger up in designated area. The promotion they sent to me on my phone didn't specify a specific lot.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
You had to pickup from the PGA Uber lot off Route 22 in Springfield. They kept on sending text messages all week regarding that. The outline included that area. If you didn't pick up in the Uber lot then you wouldn't get the $5 per pickup either.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My promotion on my cell said I would receive a 2x boost if I picked up in Springfield between 4-9 pm on Sat. & Sun 7/30-7/31. I never saw anything about a specific lot. I turned the text off a month ago, I was getting 10 texts a day.

·
Registered
96 Posts
The whole thing is a gimmick to get more new driver to come out and keep the surge off. That's why there is no acceptance rate criteria or trips per hour. 1.2x is nothing but pennies. Not that I have been driving for a while now I understand all the post that I used to read when I was new. I would recommend if you are new to uber, then go to the search option and start from there so you can learn from the people that have been doing this for years. There are things you just have to learn on your own as well.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
My promotion on my cell said I would receive a 2x boost if I picked up in Springfield between 4-9 pm on Sat. & Sun 7/30-7/31. I never saw anything about a specific lot. I turned the text off a month ago, I was getting 10 texts a day.
You may need to turn the texting option back on and deal with the annoying texts as that is the only way they are communicating this information. If you just see the promotions at face value then you have no idea where the locations are. Uber is committed to texting the information more and more these days. Same thing with promotions this week. App shows a ton of guaranteed surges, but it is only for Hudson county. They sent an e-mail Sunday evening regarding it, but mainly texting daily to remind you where the opportunities are.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
There was a promo I thought was for philly last week ... It was like an extra $65 if you complete 25 rides over several days. Didn't think it was worth dealing with Philly for so I stayed at the shore and much to my surprise I got it anyway

1 - 17 of 17 Posts