Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just at home taking a break when on the news it said that Uber is getting rid of the surge pricing. Customers will now have to enter their destination and Uber will tell them exactly what they're going to pay for the ride before it even starts. Not sure when this goes in effect but I hope they raise the rates a little but that's just wishful thinking probably going to Price cut us after the summer. Anyone else see this news yet?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like you might be right you know how the news media is they don't give you any details and are very vague when discussing things

·
Registered
58 Posts
My husband told me about that as well. I'm liking Lyft a lot more then Uber now that they're giving me requests. My last ride gave me $10 to wait while they got food and $5 for the ride home.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Better start asking those pax what their bill was at the end of the ride. Seems like a great way to pay you only for standard time/mileage and for uber to pocket some of the rest.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Just at home taking a break when on the news it said that Uber is getting rid of the surge pricing. Customers will now have to enter their destination and Uber will tell them exactly what they're going to pay for the ride before it even starts. Not sure when this goes in effect but I hope they raise the rates a little but that's just wishful thinking probably going to Price cut us after the summer. Anyone else see this news yet?[/QUOTE Don't be surprised when they also drop a $10 weekly service fee for using the app.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I like the idea that they have to enter the destination before they request. Not entering a destination hasn't been a huge problem. But there's always those few pax who expect you to have the entire valley memorized or who insist on giving you turn by turn but spend the whole time on their phones ( or pass out in your car ). It remains to be seen whether or not actually seeing the inflated total for their ride will make them more or less likely to request.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
A big downfall to this too is that we won't be able to check the rider app to see if it's actually surging in the area where at. we could be sitting in a fake surge and not realize it now.

I also believe Uber is doing this because they can't figure out why they are not making that much money off The Surge anymore they don't realize that passengers see the surge and then request a Lyft when it's cheaper they'll still be able to see how much they pay if they put in an address and they will switch to lyft anyways the people running uber are super dumb.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts