Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Since any Uber driver in Lee county without a permit can now be arrested, and any Naples uber driver can also be arrested if they get caught at RSW, a frequent destination how many of you think your $.95 cents per mile is still worth it???
http://apps.leegov.com/Ordinances/

Ordinance 15-05 section 14 regulatory penalties

·
Registered
129 Posts
If they need drivers to be permitted, I say lets get the permit and continue to drive. If they limit the permits, that's another issue.

Isn't the study almost done showing that the presence of Uber in a city or county benefits the community on a couple of levels, more than with the current taxi and limo services?

I'm trying to think why Uber would be a negative. If they don't add to the tax revenue of a county, that seems to be very short-sighted. Citizens should wonder what those taxes are actually used for and if necessary at all.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Call a comercial insurance company and get a quote...I think my ballpark numbers are right on...how will you make money at .95 especially in the two worst minths of the year aug and september...
It's not a negative...cabs limo, uber it's all good..it helps people get to work airport home etc...just have to.have PROPPER insurance...

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
If they need drivers to be permitted, I say lets get the permit and continue to drive. If they limit the permits, that's another issue.

Isn't the study almost done showing that the presence of Uber in a city or county benefits the community on a couple of levels, more than with the current taxi and limo services?

I'm trying to think why Uber would be a negative. If they don't add to the tax revenue of a county, that seems to be very short-sighted. Citizens should wonder what those taxes are actually used for and if necessary at all.
Maybe you'll get commercial insurance dave, but what about the part timers and those without much income....there will never be a car available and when there is they're driving 15 to 20 mins to a 2.40 minimum fare

·
Registered
129 Posts
I was just reading the document. Looks good and I think people should get permitted if they can. Thanks for the post!!

Yes, when it starts becoming restrictive, the public will speak, like the current movement in Broward County. Lee says it's in force to protect the public and yet by the numbers Uber is not an unsafe option for transportation. If you're in a position where the public votes you in office, such as the Commissioners in Lee, it makes little sense why a safety impact study wasn't done.

The app still works in Lee. I'm sure this case will be back in court soon.

·
Registered
245 Posts
You still don't understand the problem .
Please tell me one business what you can open and run without a license ,just one.
Insurance plus license will cost you $ 250.00 per month in Collier ,if you can add these cost and believe you are making money ,why don't you do it only takes 2 weeks

·
Registered
129 Posts
I own a bunch of sole proprietor businesses that don't require a license. Not sure what you mean.

Am interested to know where you get your figures of $250 a month. That said, we would be better served investigating what those funds are used for, that way both taxis/limos and Uber drivers would benefit.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I own a bunch of sole proprietor businesses that don't require a license. Not sure what you mean.

Am interested to know where you get your figures of $250 a month. That said, we would be better served investigating what those funds are used for, that way both taxis/limos and Uber drivers would benefit.
$250 a month is CHEAP...wjat company is that with and what does that cover you for ...just liability, or comp and collision,, deductibles??

·
Registered
245 Posts

I don't know what business that is what don't require a license,even for cleaning you need a license.
I hope you have a license for your business (The license for a sole proprietary business entitles the owner to hire employees or enlist the services of independent consultants.)
You can't have a panting ,plumber or whatever business without a license,get real .
My figures are very easy to understand,not sure if you canb because you are used to Uber math.
License $600.00 per year,insurance (with Comp and collision by National Indemnity $ 2500.00,) now you divide 3100 :12=$258.00
Your commissioner in Broward County can't bring back anything as long Uber not goes conform with the law

·
Registered
129 Posts
I don't know what business that is what don't require a license,even for cleaning you need a license.
I hope you have a license for your business (The license for a sole proprietary business entitles the owner to hire employees or enlist the services of independent consultants.)
You can't have a panting ,plumber or whatever business without a license,get real .
My figures are very easy to understand,not sure if you canb because you are used to Uber math.
License $600.00 per year,insurance (with Comp and collision by National Indemnity $ 2500.00,) now you divide 3100 :12=$258.00
Your commissioner in Broward County can't bring back anything as long Uber not goes conform with the law
Thanks for the update! Much appreciated.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts