Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

I want to share something just happened, I was driving for Uber in the US and they put me offline, then tried to go back on but i couldn’t. Then I saw Uber support message telling me a pax felt uncomfortable with her trip because of my driving style, maneuvers, lack of focus, Needed to rest more which is not true, this pax made a false statement to get her 8.00 usd back to her. I’ve been driving for Uber for 18 months, over a 1100 trips, 4.80 rating and never happened this to me before. I told Uber that’s false and they placed my account on hold for up to 48 hrs because “they will investigate”. Told them if I was impaired why the pax before and after the trip of the PC who complained didn’t say anything and they should look at my trip history and I have never received a complain like this one before. My dash board is always green (No Rapid Acceleration, No harsh breaking) I mean they have our driving history and all they do is believe whatever a pax says without verification from both sides and looking at history. That’s disappointing, sad and unfair. Could not continue my shift and now I have to wait just because a false complaint. I want to leave clear I wasn’t impaired, don’t drink or do drugs, drive within speed limits and obey traffic laws. What can be done? Why Uber supports bad pax all the time? Let me share how Uber protect us, one night I picked up a pax, he asked me to go to a drive thru, made me order food, gave me his card to pay, then drove to his house and he got off from my car and slammed the door really hard, like wanting to break it. I reported that behavior and Uber support response was “Thabk you for reporting that, we expect our rides behave with Uber Comunity Guidelines, we have taken steps so you won’t be matched with this rider again” ok, probably I have been protected from that pax, but that pax still can harm other drivers property. Uber support and philosophy is akward

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll be honest, paragraphs or not, that punctuation is beautiful considering English is obviously not his first language.
I am so sorry for making it hard to read, I did try to edit it, but the site didn't let me and got an error message saying "Contact Support" also I when I wrote is I was feeling frustrated about the situation, but thank you for what you said and for reading it

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
Hi Guys

I want to share something just happened, I was driving for Uber in the US and they put me offline, then tried to go back on but i couldn't. Then I saw Uber support message telling me a pax felt uncomfortable with her trip because of my driving style, maneuvers, lack of focus, Needed to rest more which is not true, this pax made a false statement to get her 8.00 usd back to her. I've been driving for Uber for 18 months, over a 1100 trips, 4.80 rating and never happened this to me before. I told Uber that's false and they placed my account on hold for up to 48 hrs because "they will investigate". Told them if I was impaired why the pax before and after the trip of the PC who complained didn't say anything and they should look at my trip history and I have never received a complain like this one before. My dash board is always green (No Rapid Acceleration, No harsh breaking) I mean they have our driving history and all they do is believe whatever a pax says without verification from both sides and looking at history. That's disappointing, sad and unfair. Could not continue my shift and now I have to wait just because a false complaint. I want to leave clear I wasn't impaired, don't drink or do drugs, drive within speed limits and obey traffic laws. What can be done? Why Uber supports bad pax all the time? Let me share how Uber protect us, one night I picked up a pax, he asked me to go to a drive thru, made me order food, gave me his card to pay, then drove to his house and he got off from my car and slammed the door really hard, like wanting to break it. I reported that behavior and Uber support response was "Thabk you for reporting that, we expect our rides behave with Uber Comunity Guidelines, we have taken steps so you won't be matched with this rider again" ok, probably I have been protected from that pax, but that pax still can harm other drivers property. Uber support and philosophy is akward
I'm so sorry this atrocious beastly ***** felt the need to mess with someone's livelihood in order to get a free ****ing Uber ride, talk about lowest of the low, bottom of the barrel humans. Not only that, but instead of contacting you directly and immediately, Uber chose to believe the lies and forgo having a conversation with you in order to get the truth.

I've said it before on this forum and I will say it again: In no other industry, at no other organization does a company take a customer's word as truth, and prohibit Their workers (independent contractors or direct employees) from earning a living before getting all sides of the story .

It is BEYOND horrible business practice and I still don't understand how Uber has not been sued over and over again. That is not normal, nor is it legal. If a company is going to suspend an employee/contract worker for whatever reason, there is mediation involved and that employee or independent contractor is given an opportunity to explain their side of the situation. Also, an organization should be backing up those who make money for said organization.

Uber is the most horribly run, ass-backwards company on this planet and it is not surprising that it's failing miserably and that every person associated with it despises them with a passion.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm so sorry this atrocious beastly ***** felt the need to mess with someone's livelihood in order to get a free &%[email protected]!*ing Uber ride, talk about lowest of the low, bottom of the barrel humans. Not only that, but instead of contacting you directly and immediately, Uber chose to believe the lies and forgo having a conversation with you in order to get the truth.

I've said it before on this forum and I will say it again: In no other industry, at no other organization does a company take a customer's word as truth, and prohibit Their workers (independent contractors or direct employees) from earning a living before getting all sides of the story .

It is BEYOND horrible business practice and I still don't understand how Uber has not been sued over and over again. That is not normal, nor is it legal. If a company is going to suspend an employee/contract worker for whatever reason, there is mediation involved and that employee or independent contractor is given an opportunity to explain their side of the situation. Also, an organization should be backing up those who make money for said organization.

Uber is the most horribly run, ass-backwards company on this planet and it is not surprising that it's failing miserably and that every person associated with it despises them with a passion.
Thank your for sharing your opinion and I do agree in everything you said but sadly this how they handle this type of false claims.
How come they don't look at everything you have done since you started, they have your driving record, history of all the trips a Driver has accepted and completed, ratings, feedback, badges, driving habits (They give you feedback about harsh accelerations and how smooth you brake), missing turns or taking wrong routes, they know if you are driving within speed limit, etc
They said "Is not like we are accusing you, is just part of the protocol while we do our research" if nothing is found, we will give you acces to the platform again in about 48 hours.

If you are a brand new partner or if they received two or more negative feedbacks on the same night, maybe, cause that would be a red flag, but after a Driver has completed over 1,100 trips, with no issues reported....and several before and after on the night of the report; that should be your reputation, trust and reference, but what is done instead, they don't let you to drive, causing some stress because a rider is slandering you and loss of income to the driver. At least they should look at the whole picture before they make the decision of denying you access or observing you closely thru the app to see how you are driving that night before making that decision, call you to see how clearly you are speaking, I even offered to go to any police station to get a report from an officer, but they didn't care
After going to the internet now I am realizing that this situation has happened to many drivers, but still is unfair

Thanks again

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Thank your for sharing your opinion and I do agree in everything you said but sadly this how they handle this type of false claims.
How come they don't look at everything you have done since you started, they have your driving record, history of all the trips a Driver has accepted and completed, ratings, feedback, badges, driving habits (They give you feedback about harsh accelerations and how smooth you brake), missing turns or taking wrong routes, they know if you are driving within speed limit, etc
They said "Is not like we are accusing you, is just part of the protocol while we do our research" if nothing is found, we will give you acces to the platform again in about 48 hours.

If you are a brand new partner or if they received two or more negative feedbacks on the same night, maybe, cause that would be a red flag, but after a Driver has completed over 1,100 trips, with no issues reported....and several before and after on the night of the report; that should be your reputation, trust and reference, but what is done instead, they don't let you to drive, causing some stress because a rider is slandering you and loss of income to the driver. At least they should look at the whole picture before they make the decision of denying you access or observing you closely thru the app to see how you are driving that night before making that decision, call you to see how clearly you are speaking, I even offered to go to any police station to get a report from an officer, but they didn't care
After going to the internet now I am realizing that this situation has happened to many drivers, but still is unfair

Thanks again
It's just their policy. It's like a school suspending a student for throwing a snowball in a friendly snowball fight under the guise of zero tolerance for violence.

What uber has done is essentially the same as if I call 911 and report somebody as being a drunk driver by their license plate, they are automatically prohibited from driving for 48 hours and instantly get a ping to their cell phone telling them to drive home immediately and until an investigation is complete it is illegal for them to drive anymore for the next 48 hours. There will be no investigation of course (just like with uber), and there is zero repercussion for me having reported it. Not only that, but I am financially incentivized to report because every time I report a "drunk driver" I will receive $7.

It's one thing for pax to report that you are not a good driver. That's subjective. But saying you are impaired, when they report this there should be a note by uber saying that to falsely accuse a crime (driving impaired is a crime) is a crime itself and to remind them that there could be repercussions for a false accusation.

Here's the thing: if the pax actually thought you were drunk they would call 911. Police would then have a hotline to uber with your plate, get your location, and pull you over. The fact that pax make up these accusations and never call 911 is proof positive they are lying.

As for what you can do, very little. I've read of some people here who have or do intend, when this accusations is made to them, to pursue civil damages with the pax and get their contact information through Uber via subpoena.

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
It's just their policy. It's like a school suspending a student for throwing a snowball in a friendly snowball fight under the guise of zero tolerance for violence.

What uber has done is essentially the same as if I call 911 and report somebody as being a drunk driver by their license plate, they are automatically prohibited from driving for 48 hours and instantly get a ping to their cell phone telling them to drive home immediately and until an investigation is complete it is illegal for them to drive anymore for the next 48 hours. There will be no investigation of course (just like with uber), and there is zero repercussion for me having reported it. Not only that, but I am financially incentivized to report because every time I report a "drunk driver" I will receive $7.

It's one thing for pax to report that you are not a good driver. That's subjective. But saying you are impaired, when they report this there should be a note by uber saying that to falsely accuse a crime (driving impaired is a crime) is a crime itself and to remind them that there could be repercussions for a false accusation.

Here's the thing: if the pax actually thought you were drunk they would call 911. Police would then have a hotline to uber with your plate, get your location, and pull you over. The fact that pax make up these accusations and never call 911 is proof positive they are lying.

As for what you can do, very little. I've read of some people here who have or do intend, when this accusations is made to them, to pursue civil damages with the pax and get their contact information through Uber via subpoena.
Unfortunately your analogy isn't on point: this driver didn't "throw any snowballs " or do anything remotely wrong and he was suspended. In your analogy, it makes sense to suspend someone for their wrongdoings. And suspending a student from school (often a GOOD thing, according to kids I went to school with) is very different than disallowing a person to make money to support themselves. The driver did nothing to cause his suspension from Uber - he was falsely accused of something.

Uber acts before they know the truth. And when Uber acts on something, they are taking away one's ability to make a living. They don't speak with their accused, they simply disable their ability to earn a living based on another person's lies, when that other person has something to gain (ie getting a free ride from the company they're complaining to)

·
Premium Member
60,441 Posts
Hi Guys

I want to share something just happened, I was driving for Uber in the US and they put me offline, then tried to go back on but i couldn't. Then I saw Uber support message telling me a pax felt uncomfortable with her trip because of my driving style, maneuvers, lack of focus, Needed to rest more which is not true, this pax made a false statement to get her 8.00 usd back to her. I've been driving for Uber for 18 months, over a 1100 trips, 4.80 rating and never happened this to me before. I told Uber that's false and they placed my account on hold for up to 48 hrs because "they will investigate". Told them if I was impaired why the pax before and after the trip of the PC who complained didn't say anything and they should look at my trip history and I have never received a complain like this one before. My dash board is always green (No Rapid Acceleration, No harsh breaking) I mean they have our driving history and all they do is believe whatever a pax says without verification from both sides and looking at history. That's disappointing, sad and unfair. Could not continue my shift and now I have to wait just because a false complaint. I want to leave clear I wasn't impaired, don't drink or do drugs, drive within speed limits and obey traffic laws. What can be done? Why Uber supports bad pax all the time? Let me share how Uber protect us, one night I picked up a pax, he asked me to go to a drive thru, made me order food, gave me his card to pay, then drove to his house and he got off from my car and slammed the door really hard, like wanting to break it. I reported that behavior and Uber support response was "Thabk you for reporting that, we expect our rides behave with Uber Comunity Guidelines, we have taken steps so you won't be matched with this rider again" ok, probably I have been protected from that pax, but that pax still can harm other drivers property. Uber support and philosophy is akward
You have to PAY UBER. To avoid SHAKE DOWN DEACTIVATIONS !

Pay Uber or ELSE !

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi Guys

I have been through the same exact situation as you buddy. Uber support is useless to say the least. Plenty of a-holes that should have already been banned from the platform, but Uber is not gonna do squat because profit is all that matters to this greedy, Evil corporation. I suggest you rate all pax 1 stars from now on. Because most if not all, are straight garbage. They never tip and they always have disrespectful attitudes. Yes, even if you make no conversations to them, they will still have an entitled attitude.

I have been doing this for a little over a year and these pax still exist because Uber is allowing it.

·
Registered
385 Posts
...but Uber is not gonna do squat because profit is all that matters to this greedy, Evil corporation. I suggest you rate all pax 1 stars from now on.
Actually the situation is that they're so unprofitable that market share is the only thing they have going for them, they think that somehow they will be able to turn that around if they can maintain it. That's why they're so afraid of losing passengers and will do anything to keep them, that's all Uber has.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Hi Guys

Hello. Sorry this happened to you. Here is some info on why uber does the 48 hour routine.

The 48 hour policy was not always there. Uber found out the hard way that the best legal policy was to immediately place the driver off-line to allow their investigative team to review the ENTIRE history of the driver.

If the drivers history is clean or at least reasonable based on an entire list of factors that they consider, the driver is reactivated.

Such a policy was developed by Uber's legal teams, in response to past criticism that Uber was not taking serious allegations seriously. Not unlike the allegations made in London.

I know that this info does not solve your problem, but at least you know the why it happened.

Drive safe

1 - 13 of 13 Posts