Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We need to help each other out. This is the official thread to help one another by sharing strategies. Please post any tricks or app glitches that could be used here by drivers and please post location(like LA, Boston, city you are in etc) so that we can all benefit from one another.

· Premium Member
17,649 Posts
OK, here's my favorite.
And it works for Uber, Lyft, DoorDash .. all those POS companies.
AND, it works in every city, in every state, and in any free country.

This was my MO for almost two years that I drove:
I only picked up at the times and places where the 'right people' were going to be.
I worked at 5am. I took people to catch their flights because they were business people.
I took people to work.
I worked at 4pm. I took people home from work. I took them to dinner and drinks with friends and family.

Some of us set a $ goal; we drive till we hit that mark.
Not me.
I set a # goal. The number of people I got to pitch.
I wanted to average one per hour.

I talked to EVERY one of them about my favorite subject: me. It was part of the cost of the ride. Either put up with my pitch - or walk. I didn't expect or try to earn a tip. Wasn't my goal.

I would ask them what they did for a living ... "Oh wow, that's interesting ..." Maybe a couple of questions, then ...
I gave them a sixty second resume about ... ME.
"I have a four year degree in Business Admin and Economics. Years of experience in valuation of real and personal property ..."
Then I asked them if they knew of a job in the company they work for for someone with my skills.
IF they said 'no', I'd ask about their competition ... any room there that you know of?
No? "Looks like we here. Thanks for the call .. bye"

NEXT!
Oh, a ping to pick up someone at WalMart ... nope.
Here's one from a dorm ... nope.
Oh, and here's one from the county jail ... lol, nope.
Look, one from 'the hood', nope.

Ah, here's a middle class neighborhood and it's 6pm.
Yep, dinner and theater ... I'm on it.

I did NOT pick up in the ghetto, at colleges, at bars at 1am. NONE of those people are going to be able to help me.
I did NOT GAF about tips, stars, complaints, kudos ... just didn't care. Didn't fit into my business model. Rolled right offa my back.
Uber would send me a text about not accepting enough? Tough titty kitty, get over it.
If my ap fired up tomorrow ... good. If not ... well, shit jobs are easy to find.

I did that for months. I'd get two or three good leads a week.
Actually turned down a couple of other shit jobs.
Then, one of the frogs I kissed turned into a Prince; and I found a home.

I don't suck Uber's schlong any more.

This gig IS a great opportunity to meet a lot of people, a lot of different people. And you have them captive in a small compartment for a fixed period of time.
Leave the radio OFF, they need to listen to YOU
If there's more than one back there, don't allow classroom converstaion. Interrupt. It IS ALL ABOUT YOU.

Every once in a while one of them can help -- and will help if you ask.
It's an odds game.
Ask.
Ask. Everyone.

I doubt that you'll take my advice.
Most people just come here to piss and moan, not to actually do anything about it.

How about you?
Got the guts to make a change?

· Premium Member
8,212 Posts
Treat the pax as "self loading freight".............they don't want to be talked to.

"Hello PAX.......make yourself comfortable"
ANT 7 swipes app
"You're going to XXXXXX......right ?"
ANT 7 starts trip
"Great, if it gets too hot or too cold back there during the ride, please let me know"

STFU for the rest of the trip.......

70% will absorb themselves in their devices
15% will sleep or stare aimlessly out the window
15% will try to engage with you, and that is the only time you should make noise out of your cakehole

· Premium Member
17,649 Posts
Shuffle. Repeatedly and vigorously.

View attachment 640675
YES.
If I didn't do AT LEAST one of those per hour of driving, I figured I just wasn't doing my job.
I did enough of that to pay for my gas.

Shuffle relentlessly. Ruthlessly. With verve and without mercy.

** I shuffled one guy THREE TIMES in a row. LoL. I never moved the car from exactly where the pin was. Ping ... sit, canx ... Ping, sit, canx. Ping, sit ... then I got a text "WTF". Heheeh. CANX.
Then I got the **** outta there. I think if he'd of found me he'd of pulled me otta the car to beat my ass.
Thanks for the $15. AAaaaaahahahaha haha.

· Premium Member
17,649 Posts
Treat the pax as "self loading freight".............they don't want to be talked to.
Too bad. They gonna get what they get. "Nice shoes. What do you do for a living?" "Oh yea? That's fascinating. Think there's a spot open at your company for a good looking and smart guy like me?"
STFU for the rest of the trip.......
Wrong again. "I have X years doing a job like yours. I have won awards, and have multiple degrees."
70% will absorb themselves in their devices
Not with me chattering about MY needs and wants, no they won't.
15% will sleep or stare aimlessly out the window
Not with me chattering about ME.
15% will try to engage with you,
Target rich. Ripe prospect. Work with them.
and that is the only time you should make noise out of your cakehole
And believing all that shit is why YOU ARE AN ANT, and always will be

· Premium Member
9,358 Posts
Too bad. They gonna get what they get. "Nice shoes. What do you do for a living?" "Oh yea? That's fascinating. Think there's a spot open at your company for a good looking and smart guy like me?"

Wrong again. "I have X years doing a job like yours. I have won awards, and have multiple degrees."

Not with me chattering about MY needs and wants, no they won't.

Not with me chattering about ME.

Target rich. Ripe prospect. Work with them.

And believing all that shit is why YOU ARE AN ANT, and always will be
Wtf you talking about? This job will take you places. I went around the world last year 1.4 times cause of this job.

Just because that 1.4 times around the world was in a 75sq mile area..... Doesn't mean anything.

· Premium Member
17,649 Posts
Wtf you talking about? This job will take you places. I went around the world last year 1.4 times cause of this job.
As a younger man I had an nice gal at the Mustang Ranch teach me 'around the world'. Is that what you're talking about?

Kind of off topic, but thanks for the memory.

· Premium Member
140 Posts
OK, here's my favorite.
And it works for Uber, Lyft, DoorDash .. all those POS companies.
AND, it works in every city, in every state, and in any free country.

This was my MO for almost two years that I drove:
I only picked up at the times and places where the 'right people' were going to be.
I worked at 5am. I took people to catch their flights because they were business people.
I took people to work.
I worked at 4pm. I took people home from work. I took them to dinner and drinks with friends and family.

Some of us set a $ goal; we drive till we hit that mark.
Not me.
I set a # goal. The number of people I got to pitch.
I wanted to average one per hour.

I talked to EVERY one of them about my favorite subject: me. It was part of the cost of the ride. Either put up with my pitch - or walk. I didn't expect or try to earn a tip. Wasn't my goal.

I would ask them what they did for a living ... "Oh wow, that's interesting ..." Maybe a couple of questions, then ...
I gave them a sixty second resume about ... ME.
"I have a four year degree in Business Admin and Economics. Years of experience in valuation of real and personal property ..."
Then I asked them if they knew of a job in the company they work for for someone with my skills.
IF they said 'no', I'd ask about their competition ... any room there that you know of?
No? "Looks like we here. Thanks for the call .. bye"

NEXT!
Oh, a ping to pick up someone at WalMart ... nope.
Here's one from a dorm ... nope.
Oh, and here's one from the county jail ... lol, nope.
Look, one from 'the hood', nope.

Ah, here's a middle class neighborhood and it's 6pm.
Yep, dinner and theater ... I'm on it.

I did NOT pick up in the ghetto, at colleges, at bars at 1am. NONE of those people are going to be able to help me.
I did NOT GAF about tips, stars, complaints, kudos ... just didn't care. Didn't fit into my business model. Rolled right offa my back.
Uber would send me a text about not accepting enough? Tough titty kitty, get over it.
If my ap fired up tomorrow ... good. If not ... well, shit jobs are easy to find.

I did that for months. I'd get two or three good leads a week.
Actually turned down a couple of other shit jobs.
Then, one of the frogs I kissed turned into a Prince; and I found a home.

I don't suck Uber's schlong any more.

This gig IS a great opportunity to meet a lot of people, a lot of different people. And you have them captive in a small compartment for a fixed period of time.
Leave the radio OFF, they need to listen to YOU
If there's more than one back there, don't allow classroom converstaion. Interrupt. It IS ALL ABOUT YOU.

Every once in a while one of them can help -- and will help if you ask.
It's an odds game.
Ask.
Ask. Everyone.

I doubt that you'll take my advice.
Most people just come here to piss and moan, not to actually do anything about it.

How about you?
Got the guts to make a change?
I really like the generalization of your approach…I also have a business pitch…but I drive now in a poor community…used to hit it big in LA but taking care of my daughter I decided to stick to my local…I will try your approach and actually engage more people in a positive conversation that will be business oriented…

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.